Details on Friday meeting between Blake James and large donors

View as article
Nope.

The Real Dan was here last year.

Made a whole thread about himself and how great he was.

So, because of Dan Sileo's thread, you called him a clown, you called him "cancer in human form" and you said he was lower than scum.

And you said he "besmirched" the good name of Jerome Brown by saying that he was a harder worker and better player than Jerome Brown, and that you could verify that claim by asking Jimmy Johnson.

Have I correctly stated your beef with Dan Sileo? Lord knows, I don't want to "twist your words".

Advertisement
Per a source with knowledge of the meeting, a group of high-level donors met with Blake James on Friday. The purpose of the meeting was to offer significant money if Manny was willing to make necessary changes.

Most notably, the group wanted Alonzo Highsmith to take on a general manager role that would usurp some of Blake and Manny’s power over the football program. One booster even offered to pay Highsmith’s salary for two years. Blake refused and instead offered a more traditional “chief of staff” role that was mostly administrative in nature.

Highsmith is not expected to accept the offer and instead is in discussions with Mario Cristobal at Oregon.
Week later and still w/drama! Only M-I-A-M-I

Advertisement
A day after indicating that he would not be taking a job at UM, former Hurricanes great Alonzo HIghsmith met with UM athletic director Blake James on Friday, according to Canesport report that I confirmed independently. And the possibility of Highsmith taking a job with the Canes is once again alive.

Highsmith and James both declined to comment on Friday evening.

Highsmith told The Miami Herald on Thursday that the door had been closed to a possible job at UM. But a source close to Highsmith said a wealthy donor had offered to pay Highsmith’s salary under certain circumstances and that donor has continued imploring James to give Highsmith a job that carries weight.

That donor, and at least one influential Board of Trustee member, want Highsmith to get a job that would carry some authority inside the football program and the ability to make tangible changes he deemed necessary.

James has been reluctant to hire Highsmith, or anyone, for a general manager type job because he doesn’t want Manny Diaz to feel like someone is looking over his shoulder. But as we’ve reported, James and Diaz and Highsmith have continued to discuss Highsmith taking a role as chief of staff, perhaps with more responsibilities than that job typically carries.

Both Diaz and James have indicated to Highsmith that they’re open to a chief of staff type role, but as of Thursday that type of job and salary did not appeal to Highsmith, according to a Highsmith associate. But it remains possible that the sides could reach a compromise amid Friday’s meeting.

High stakes negotiations ongoing

Blake James will be fired 100% if he doesn't make this happen and Miami continues its mediocrity for another year or two. Hire Highsmith, and benefit from looking like the genius who made the hire or buying yourself a couple extra years to deflect the blame on Highsmith if things don't go right. No brainer. The fact that this wasn't finalized on day 1 shows you the level of Blake's ineptitude.

A day after indicating that he would not be taking a job at UM, former Hurricanes great Alonzo HIghsmith met with UM athletic director Blake James on Friday, according to Canesport report that I confirmed independently. And the possibility of Highsmith taking a job with the Canes is once again alive.

Highsmith told The Miami Herald on Thursday that the door had been closed to a possible job at UM. But a source close to Highsmith said a wealthy donor had offered to pay Highsmith’s salary under certain circumstances and that donor has continued imploring James to give Highsmith a job that carries weight.

That donor, and at least one influential Board of Trustee member, want Highsmith to get a job that would carry some authority inside the football program and the ability to make tangible changes he deemed necessary.

James has been reluctant to hire Highsmith, or anyone, for a general manager type job because he doesn’t want Manny Diaz to feel like someone is looking over his shoulder. But as we’ve reported, James and Diaz and Highsmith have continued to discuss Highsmith taking a role as chief of staff, perhaps with more responsibilities than that job typically carries.

Both Diaz and James have indicated to Highsmith that they’re open to a chief of staff type role, but as of Thursday that type of job and salary did not appeal to Highsmith, according to a Highsmith associate. But it remains possible that the sides could reach a compromise amid Friday’s meeting.

LMAO at continuing to allow the subordinates to rule.

Advertisement
I will end up having an aneurysm by the time this sh*t is over. Roller coaster of emotions.

The local press needs to keep putting this out. The more spotlight on James about what is going on, the better. Hopefully the donors/BOT that are leaking the info to him continue

Spot on. The more noise/heat in general the better even if it's not based in reality or even half-truths. The longer Fake James has to deal with this the better.

Advertisement

This is the strangest episode of ‘Suntan U’ I’ve ever seen in my life.

You have donors offering to pay the salary of a legacy, NFL front office guy while our lame duck AD and failure of a first time HC balk because they don’t want him to have too much power. And we all have to watch it through Barry Jackson’s scuffed up binoculars.

This whole event is like when your dad held up a towel while you changed out out of your sandy swim trunks, blocking your nudity from only 20% of the people at the beach. I don’t know if I want to laugh, cry, or bleach my eyes out, but our beloved program keeps showing its lily white cheeks.

Advertisement
This is the strangest episode of ‘Suntan U’ I’ve ever seen in my life.

You have donors offering to pay the salary of a legacy, NFL front office guy while our lame duck AD and failure of a first time HC balk because they don’t want him to have too much power. And we all have to watch it through Barry Jackson’s scuffed up binoculars.

This whole event is like when your dad held up a towel while you changed out out of your sandy swim trunks, blocking your nudity from only 20% of the people at the beach. I don’t know if I want to laugh, cry, or bleach my eyes out, but our beloved program keeps showing its lily white cheeks.
I posted earlier that this is the perfect CYA situation for the Flake and Manny and for the life of me can't understand why either Manny or the Flake is bucking this so hard.

ESPN has reported barring a losing season Manny is getting year 3. Buckle up.

Uh, that’s not what ESPN reported at all.

Some ESPN talking head speculated that Manny will prob get a third season (barring a total meltdown) because we’d want to stop the incessant staff turnover.

Difference between reporting (other people’s words) and editorializing (speculating your own opinions).

Advertisement
Back