Despite bye, this is a huge week for Canes football

The way I am going to imagine it going down is Richt saw the uniforms and immediately complained to the athletic department that we should have more traditional uniforms.
They got a hold of an Adidas Rep and Richt suggested to him to bring back a traditional design and he listened.

Sounds about right. I highly doubt that a sales strategy was behind this buttttt it would be the most effective way to get the most profitability out of the product. You release an "imperfect" jersey for a year after you gain the rights to a school. You still move product because it's "new". A year later you then switch to an improved version that said fanbase will love and you release it prior to their rivalry game thus maximizing a second round of sales with another "new" product. Then next year you release a "new" alternate jersey toward the end of the season. None of this would be out of the norm in today's college apparel game but it certainly does seem like it's spaced out enough and capitalizing on certain dynamics just enough to not **** off fans that may feel like they've bought outdated merchandise.

That said, here's to hopefully widespread availability for higher end replicas or sewn versions. The previous fan versions were junk.

Advertisement
Happy that Colbert is back. He's got size and speed. Looking forward to seeing what he can do....

Hopefully we get more of our DL back before GT, too....

Our defense is in its infancy and already showing results. Can't wait to see what it will be as it matures.

Holy ****, i know its still early but how ****** better would our D been without all those dismissals? Also, with how everything has played out so far, it makes me loathe our old staph even more. They were utterly way over their heads.

Advertisement
We need to rest this week. We have 5 games in October. I hate that Thursday night game at Va. Tech.

Perfect through 25% of the regular season.

Holy ****, i know its still early but how ****in better would our D been without all those dismissals? Also, with how everything has played out so far, it makes me loathe our old staph even more. They were utterly way over their heads.

The amount of of hatred I have for Golden and staff has grown leaps and bounds the past month . The players haven't changed just the system so we could of been amazing the last few years with a decent coach .

Advertisement
So we will be rocking the new unis for GT?

This is the question I had. Pete said "remainder of the season", after the announcement would be made.

We suiting up in the new threads vs GT?

We are wearing Green at GT. Not sure if they made Green jerseys or not.

The entire jersey style will be new......
New jerseys for fsu and on. Gt is gonna be our current green jerseys.

We don't wear green again after that so don't think we'll be wearing green going forward

Advertisement

This is the question I had. Pete said "remainder of the season", after the announcement would be made.

The entire jersey style will be new......
New jerseys for fsu and on. Gt is gonna be our current green jerseys.

We don't wear green again after that so don't think we'll be wearing green going forward

I believe this is accurate.

If we're the visitors, won't we be wearing the white jerseys?

Home team wears white, unless it's a blackout or other special event uni.

Advertisement
Anything on Courtel Jenkins?

He'll be good to go. I saw him pre game yesterday getting some work in. Came out and got on the bike early then came back and looked to be moving well jogging, coming out of a 3 point stance, and running about 10 yard "sprints"

Are you a doctor?

Nope. But a meniscus injury is usually good to go in 2 weeks. Colbert's injury was after Jenkins and Colbert is already cleared.

Also, Colbert didn't travel due to the injury, Jenkins did. It looked to me like he was available yesterday if needed. Give him 2 more weeks and there should be no doubt.

I guess I just have common sense, really.

GT usually wears white at home too

in basketball. home usually wears darks in football with a few exceptions (cowboys, georgia tech, lsu, and a few others).

if you were specifically referring to georgia tech, you're right.

"@CanesFootball defense is creating negative plays on 21% of opponent's offensive plays. This is the best in FBS."

Who would have thought that daring to cross over the LOS would make such a difference.

Advertisement
Back