Desmond Phillips

Advertisement
If you're going to bash Phillips, you should watch his highlights first. Kid can play

We've been Goldenized to where we forget what a FULL class of blue chips looks like. I believe the dominoes are starting to fall... first was Evan Hinson, then hamilton, now this morning it's Phillips.

I'm not taking away from those three kids either. They're all talented. Looks like Richt has a plan and going after studs who can play NOW not projects for the future but studs who can help us win it all next year.

I'm pumped I know yall are too. Who else is going to get dropped? Who's going to replace the three that decommited already? I see Nauta for Henson, Malek Young for Phillips (Phillips I would love to have back) and Dewah Wildley for hamilton. Hope Richt has his game on point as he goes after Mecole Hardman.

And I agree with this... This class is clearly being shaved down from the lower commits. Hope Richt has a plan though.

Gotta show results to start getting classes full of blue chips, Richt certainly has the potential to do it tho

Advertisement
IMO you don't n't necessarily have to fill all 85 spots this year. . Leave some room for some studs after Richt has had a whole year to recruit.. Don't just fill them with bodies.. Who knows we may get some NSD surprises

Advertisement
I knew that taking these commitments when there was no coach in place was a horrible idea

This is definitely true, particularly with kids who are borderline offer able. We should only have taken bonafide studs at that point in time.

Is it possible that Malek Young and/or Carlos Becker are viewed as better options? How do these guys compare to Desmond Phillips?

Advertisement
Is it possible that Malek Young and/or Carlos Becker are viewed as better options? How do these guys compare to Desmond Phillips?

IMO both Becker and Young are DBs at the next level. However, they could've dropped Phillips because they feel good with Richards, pie, or Victor.

Phillips may not have been dropped but that's unclear atm

Last edited by a moderator:
If we dropped him, it's a dumb decision.

I am excited about Richt and think he's a great recruiter, but his record as an evaluator is mixed. This would be highly disappointing if we dropped him.

Advertisement
Not a fan of this but I guess how many of these slot types can we have on one team?..we already got BBerrios, we got SBruce, got a REALLY good shot at EGreene next year..

Not saying I agree with dropping him because he is a local kid from a school that I would like for us to get some inroads into..but I guess we have to trust Richt on this one. We all said that we were tired of taking chances on projects regardless of whether we thought they would pan out or not...If we can get Victor or Pie Young, I can see this all day.

And I agree that Henderson is next.

I dont pull the trigger on letting JNelson go just yet even though I know he could be the next on the chopping block..The kid had a monster SR year. Only Brian Burns or a stud of this caliber should push him out the class.

Breaking: Miami Jackson ATH Desmond Phillips tells me he has de-committed from Miami: https://t.co/7GybW1OMhY

Corey Bender
Scout.com Florida Recruiting Analyst

Richt is clearing out the lower tier. It seems pretty clear to me.

This kid isn't lower tier.

He seems to be in the lower tier in our class. Also, judging by his offers, he's either the best kept secret in Fla or some people on this board are over hyping him. Just an opinion. One that Richt obviously seems to share. But you are also entitled to your opinion. Only time will tell.

IMO you don't n't necessarily have to fill all 85 spots this year. . Leave some room for some studs after Richt has had a whole year to recruit.. Don't just fill them with bodies.. Who knows we may get some NSD surprises

This is where I'm coming out as well. Golden used too many fillers that we wished we could get rid of after a year or two. People on this board still complain about certain players being on scholarship.

Advertisement
Back