DeShawn Troutman, LB Orlando Edgewater ('21)

Hammett has similar speed & explosiveness to Brooks playing in the same role, the staff seems him in the same way.

Hammett actually has a stronger lower body build than Brooks does, he's a legit 6'3 205lbs & can play as a standup backer in our system at either Sam or Will LB.
I like Hammett a lot! I hope MNW puts him into some drop coverage roles and Hammett continues working on his LB skills, but he still has one **** of a first step to me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know it was asked earlier but I have checked out for a bit due to Covid and also am wondering where Johnson fits into the LB group puzzle?

TIA

I haven't made a decision yet, but I'm leaning towards Miami more than any other school," Troutman said over the phone. "I think I might be committing soon."

That's just my hometown," Troutman explained. "I have been a fan of them since I was born. It has always been like a dream of mine to play for them so it's just kind of provides motivation for me."

Looks like Troutman could be commiting soon

Advertisement
I have a Johnson

1590538143619.png

I’m not sure what is not to like with Troutman. He plays LB and has that seek/destroy ability. He might be slightly undersized but that’s it.

I think there is a chance Hammett comes in as a DE with Ishmael. That opens up a third LB spot for Hood if we can flip him, which I think we can. It’s early.

I’m not sure what is not to like with Troutman. He plays LB and has that seek/destroy ability. He might be slightly undersized but that’s it.

He has a highlight video which is 15 straight minutes of him making violent, hard-hitting, downhill and sideline-to-sideline plays from the MLB spot. Not taking him at a position of need because of some pipe dream positionless stud athlete from North Carolina would be the Hyppolite/Flowe situation all over again.

He has a highlight video which is 15 straight minutes of him making violent, hard-hitting, downhill and sideline-to-sideline plays from the MLB spot. Not taking him at a position of need because of some pipe dream positionless stud athlete from North Carolina would be the Hyppolite/Flowe situation all over again.
I would take him. Doesn’t mean you can’t continue to recruit the position. But, you are right. This isn’t a 2:00 video with 10 good plays. It’s extensive and he can play.

Advertisement
Just so we’re clear here. You wouldn’t recruit a top 75 player in the country that even if he doesn’t work out at LB he’s probably a more talented RB than Thad even though he said to your insider that a UM offer would change things for a LB prospect that has half his talent(even though he is good)? Is that what you’re implying here?

Just so we’re clear here. You wouldn’t recruit a top 75 player in the country that even if he doesn’t work out at LB he’s probably a more talented RB than Thad even though he said to your insider that a UM offer would change things for a LB prospect that has half his talent(even though he is good)? Is that what you’re implying here?

Maybe try reading my post again. Because that is quite obviously not what I said.

Maybe try reading my post again. Because that is quitr obviously not what I said.
Yea it was. Your *** just got caught.
That’s exactly what you said right there..in bold. You got caught not knowing ****. You would rather take a kid that doesn’t have half his talent.

Please don’t ever speak on football matters again. You probably didn’t even take the time to watch that dudes tape.

Yea it was. Your *** just got caught.

That’s exactly what you said right there..in bold. You got caught not knowing ****. You would rather take a kid that doesn’t have half his talent.

Please don’t ever speak on football matters again.

Either your reading comprehension matches your maturity level, you're just straw-manning in a weak attempt to "win", or you're just plain dumb.

Do you want me to type it again slowly for you?

I said not taking Troutman while waiting for some OOS stud would be exactly how our staff got LB depth to where it is now.

Please point out EXACTLY where I said we shouldn't recruit the OOS stud as well, big man.

Advertisement
Either your reading comprehension matches your maturity level, you're just straw-manning in a weak attempt to "win", or you're just plain dumb.

Do you want me to type it again slowly for you?

I said not taking Troutman while waiting for some OOS stud would be exactly how our staff got LB depth to where it is now.

Please point out EXACTLY where I said we shouldn't recruit the OOS stud as well, big man.
You really shouldn’t be talking about maturity level if you can’t take your obvious L like a man. You’re on record now saying YOU want to take a player that obviously doesn’t have the talent as the other player. That’s horrible football logic and you got caught.

Dude get over rankings they don't mean everything if there is 1lb spot left u take troutman everytime. Poole doesn't have a a true position. U take the guy with more film at his position. Poole if he comes in should be as an athlete nothing more

Dude get over rankings they don't mean everything if there is 1lb spot left u take troutman everytime. Poole doesn't have a a true position. U take the guy with more film at his position. Poole if he comes in should be as an athlete nothing more
No you don’t. You take talent and talent every single time. You don’t take somebody who doesn’t have half the talent of somebody just because they’re developed more. That’s called settling.

Advertisement
No you don’t. You take talent and talent every single time. You don’t take somebody who doesn’t have half the talent of somebody just because they’re developed more. That’s called settling.
Speed doesnt make him more talented there are multiple clips of him at safety just sitting still and then taking off when he could have made a play in the air u bring that type of play closer to the line bad things happen

You really shouldn’t be talking about maturity level if you can’t take your obvious L like a man. You’re on record now saying YOU want to take a player that obviously doesn’t have the talent as the other player. That’s horrible football logic and you got caught.

Are you really this bad at reading? Has junior high been closed that long? Thought it was just a few weeks.

Yes I said take Troutman. Nowhere did I say "don't take Zbrod95's crush".

Now I would love to carry on flirting with you here, but, as an adult with a life and a job, 1) I have to get up in the morning 2)I'm kind of hoping that by then you will have been able to wrap your head around a pretty straight forward post of mine and 3) I don't want to get charged with statutory rape over this exchange.

Guys, again, as someone that covers HS football and been around Edgewater program... Troutman is someone you want on your team. **** stars! This kid is going to be a viable player for the program. He was and is the coaches favorite player. When the Lu talk about him you see the gleam in their eyes. I saw him last week and he is still growing. He is quick and fast! Tougher than most of these kids that are running at 5*. You will love this kid.

Speed doesnt make him more talented there are multiple clips of him at safety just sitting still and then taking off when he could have made a play in the air u bring that type of play closer to the line bad things happen
Yea no. He’s got multiple plays where he broke on the football while playing coverage. Just because you don’t know what you’re looking at and think he need to pick the ball off instead of breaking up the pass doesn’t mean he isn’t talented. Nice try young in, but you should actually learn more about how to actually play safety before commenting.

Advertisement
Back