2024 Deryc Plazz, OT - Andrew Jackson HS (Jacksonville FL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like we want him as a RT. Difficult to land higher tier players after Samson/Mauigoa?
Agree it also doesn't make sense to spend big NIL on OTs when we have those 2 plus Mccoy and Kinsler.Spend the money on a couple of big guards and spend most of it on DTs and WRs.

Advertisement
I think our OL class ends up being:

Minaya
Plazz
Ionotta
Baker
Ahfua

And maybe Pierre-Louis

I could see this...I'm an EPL fan so I'd love to see him in this class. Seems like the Gilbreath kid two way interest is strong, not sure if maybe they just keep him in that 260 TE range though?

Ionata, Minaya, and this guy make sense. We’re trending for Ahfua and are probably bringing in a legit OT behind all of this.

People need to stop think you need to bring in 5 top 50 guys upfront every year. UGA doesn’t even try to do that. They target a specific build and recruit that build. All these guys make the Build that Mario wants.

Advertisement
Down year for Olineman. Talent isn’t on the same level as last class. You have to stack talent it doesn’t matter who’s on the roster. Every year we must load up to get where we wanna go
Yep there’s only 3 OL in the composite Top 50 with the first one being Baker at 32, Lambert at 44 and Pringle at 48. Last year 7 ended up in top 50, with 5 being 5 stars.

Of the top guys were still involved with its Baker and Daniels, who’s visiting next month at OT. At OG it’s Ahfua, Andrews and now working Seaton. It we only get one top OT and one top OG with those other 3 or 4 it will be a really good class. Anything above that is a home run.

Advertisement
Penn State is killing it in Jacksonville this year and I have no idea why. No one here even likes Penn State.

Penn State is killing it in Jacksonville this year and I have no idea why. No one here even likes Penn State.

Created a PSU tracker. We're going head to head against them for a lot of recruits in June

I also think there is a possibility with all these Jax kids this year…The two corners and now Plazz. That they didn't have a green light with UM. The corners for instance visited UM twice I believe, had nothing but good things to say, and then when they finally got to PSU, they committed insta.

Just seems like we may be big game hunting at certain positions.

Do I know for a fact, of course not…But I think it's certainly possible for at least one or two of these kids, if not all 3.

Advertisement
I also think there is a possibility with all these Jax kids this year…The two corners and now Plazz. That they didn't have a green light with UM. The corners for instance visited UM twice I believe, had nothing but good things to say, and then when they finally got to PSU, they committed insta.

Just seems like we may be big game hunting at certain positions.

Do I know for a fact, of course not…But I think it's certainly possible for at least one or two of these kids, if not all 3.

Plazz has a been a priority for some time.

If he commits elsewhere, they’ll continue to recruit him until signing day.

You have to understand that Miami is not a winning program and this have to sell competition and playing time to kids.

These kids and their parents are also not dumb. They’ll look at a place like Miami and know they’re at least two seasons away from even competing for something. McCoy and Cooper at are also not slap ****s and further increase the young competition at OL.

I like Plazz myself, so I hope they continue to put pressure on until pens to paper.

But this guy wouldn't be playing tackle here even if we ddidn't land those guys last year, plus he is probably 2 years away from doing anything

You’re also recruiting against a program in much better shape than Miami.

They’re been in the Top 10 for years now. Miami, at this very moment, is a has-been program.

Advertisement
@DMoney already mentioned Mauigoa and Samson scaring off tackle prospects weeks ago.

Then you get well that doesn't effect programs like Alabama and Georgia and Ohio State that stack and stack top talent every year at every positions then you get the well we aren't a top program so we can't do that rebuttal and on and on and on.

You’re also recruiting against a program in much better shape than Miami.

They’re been in the Top 10 for years now. Miami, at this very moment, is a has-been program.
The main reason OL are looking elsewhere is because we brought in 7 OL in 2 classes. They aint seeing the field. Just being honest. Being a has been is not so much of a issue as playing time and what it looks like on the field with this staff. Which was horrible last season. Rectify that this season and we good.

@DMoney already mentioned Mauigoa and Samson scaring off tackle prospects weeks ago.

Then you get well that doesn't effect programs like Alabama and Georgia and Ohio State that stack and stack top talent every year at every positions then you get the well we aren't a top program so we can't do that rebuttal and on and on and on.
The other thing these programs do to offset the depth issue is they pay. We don’t - at least not currently. We don’t pay for depth pieces like those programs do at the moment; just the impact starters.

Obviously a winning culture and NFL draft success are key points 1 and 2, just saying this is a third reason.

UGA has 2 3 star rated OL committed right now. Every school get affected by playing time concerns for positions that dont really rotate much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back