Derosier

Where are we getting all this "we need bodies" talk from? NO!! We need guys who can play the sport of football and preferably are **** good at it. No more getting guys just to fill up the sidelines! The Junior Alexis days should be over. We need to get DTs in here who have the body of Travonte Valentine and the scowl of Freddie Booth Lloyd. If they do not meet those standards we need to keep it moving.

129.gif

Advertisement
We kind of do need bodies that bad. We have about 8 guys to play 4 spots right now. Its bad.

Definition of insanity...those who repeat the same actions again and again but expect different results.

For about 5 straight years we took almost only bodies on the DL, and now we are here...we have the DT equivalent of the fiscal cliff looming after this season. I would not repeat this course of action. But that is me, personally. If the Derosier kid can play then you take him, but you don't just take him because he is big.

Advertisement
Our top 3 DTs (Porter, Pierre, Robinson) need to stay healthy bc I think they can be between good and solid, and 1 of King and Moore need to step up. We do need a lot of new talent there in 2014.

Our DEs with Chick, Gilbert, Green, Cain, Kumala, Hoilett, Hamilton, AQM are a question mark. Need some of the young bucks to show up (Hoilett, Hamilton, AQM) and need Chick to take a big step forward. If Gilbert is healthy that is a huge pickup.

It sounds like this kid is taking a regular financial aid package, not a football scholarship. Can a school do that and not have it count toward scholarship count?

I doubt his problem is osteoporosis. I know from personal experience that most orthopedists don't do a particularly good job on complex foot problems. It's probably the same for podiatrists. There seem to be a very limited number of good foot orthopedists around the country.

It sounds like this kid is taking a regular financial aid package, not a football scholarship. Can a school do that and not have it count toward scholarship count?

I doubt his problem is osteoporosis. I know from personal experience that most orthopedists don't do a particularly good job on complex foot problems. It's probably the same for podiatrists. There seem to be a very limited number of good foot orthopedists around the country.

That and the fact that athletic males don't get osteoporosis. It doesn't happen.

Advertisement
Is he on a "football" scholarship?

Get in the gym and get healthy but not expecting much this year (if anything) nor should anyone in 2013.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The dude broke one foot in highschool misses practically his entire sr yr, then has to redshirt when he gets to Juco because his foot is still not ready. Then a year later plays in his first 5 games of his 2nd year at Juco and breaks his othe foot. Sounds to me like he has bone density problems ( sounds like early onset of Osteoporosis) which is going to be a chronic problem causing he to most likely leave football after a year and be put on a medical hardship scholarship which doesn't count against the roster but does come from football budget ( ouch).

I say skip this kid and use the sholarship for a 2014 kid that doesn't have an injury prone history. Such as 2014 DT :Joel Thompson, Arthur Williams, or Chris Nelson.

Go Canes

This dude Paradiddle kills me.

LMAO. I'm literally in tears after reading his post. I think this is the first time I've actually seen someone diagnose a 20 year old CFB player with osteoporosis. Good ****!

He's one of those dudes who is unintentionally hilarious. He's good for at least one legit laugh a day.

No I am not a doctor but to any one that does a few minutes of research come to conclusion he has problems with bone density. But I forget sometimes that despite this being a website about a college team, there are some on here that didn't have the intellectual capacity to attend college much less understand what would be taught. So forgiveme for asuming you had more ability then you demonstrate in your postings; but hey there is a role for everyone in society right.

Go Canes

Here's a more likely scenario.... the kid breaks one foot due to an impact or whatever. He wants to get back on the field, and maybe he comes back a little earlier than he should have, so now he's favoring the other foot, putting more pressure on it, and so it breaks.

Kind of like how if you blow out one knee, it's more likely you'll blow out the other one as well due to a strength imbalance.

But go ahead and keep thinking a 20 year old male athlete has a bone disease normally seen in 80 year old ladies. :rollcanes:

No I am not a doctor but to any one that does a few minutes of research come to conclusion he has problems with bone density. But I forget sometimes that despite this being a website about a college team, there are some on here that didn't have the intellectual capacity to attend college much less understand what would be taught. So forgiveme for asuming you had more ability then you demonstrate in your postings; but hey there is a role for everyone in society right.

Go Canes

Here's a more likely scenario.... the kid breaks one foot due to an impact or whatever. He wants to get back on the field, and maybe he comes back a little earlier than he should have, so now he's favoring the other foot, putting more pressure on it, and so it breaks.

Kind of like how if you blow out one knee, it's more likely you'll blow out the other one as well due to a strength imbalance.

But go ahead and keep thinking a 20 year old male athlete has a bone disease normally seen in 80 year old ladies. :rollcanes:

Good point EM, that's actually quite common.

Advertisement
is there any doubt paranos is the worst poster here??? osteoporosis???

I think he's the best poster. The guy cracks me up every day. The osteoporosis angle has me laughing a day later. His authoritative and condescending tone only make his off-the-wall comments that much funnier.

Advertisement
Back