Derosier

ball915

All-American
from the WEZ..........

DEROSIER WILL ARRIVE IN THE FALL

Julio Derosier, a former three-star defensive end out of Homestead High who played for College of the Sequoias in California last season and is expected to be a part of UM's incoming 2013 recruiting class, said by phone Friday he will not finish summer classes until July 31st and thus won't arrive in Coral Gables until the fall.

Derosier (6-6, 265 pounds) doesn't have a lot of football experience according to his former high school coach Bobby McCray, but has a lot of upside.

Derosier had 15 tackles for loss in five games in 2012, but missed part of the season with a foot injury. He missed all of his senior year at Homestead High with the same foot injury according to McCray and then sat out his freshman year in college. McCray said Derosier had just one college offer coming out of high school -- from Gardner-Webb.

"I went down to Coral Gables last week when he came down for his visit and saw him again," McCray said. "He's just a big kid with a motor that does whatever it takes to get better. He's going to help Miami."

Derosier, who is currently living in Texas with his brother and taking college courses there, said his focus right now is getting his undergraduate work out of the way so when he gets to UM he can focus just on his major. He will be classified at UM as a redshirt sophomore.

"I just want to take care of business so when the season starts I don't have all this pressure on me with those undergrad classes," he said. "But I'm also still working hard on my body. I'm preparing it for the next level."

UM's sports information staff said Derosier has signed a financial aid agreement/scholarship to attend the school.

Advertisement
Wow. Nice. So basically this dude is a 20-21 year old grown man if he is a R-So. Thats good. How much development does he need dammit? He should be ready to go right away..But good news no doubt.

Wow. Nice. So basically this dude is a 20-21 year old grown man if he is a R-So. Thats good. How much development does he need dammit? He should be ready to go right away..But good news no doubt.

size wise, he might be fine, but he sounds very raw

I'm worried about these kids with chronic foot problems. It's not always as easy to fix them with surgery. There are really very few orthopedists that know that much about complex or unusual foot problems. Same with most podiatrists. Also, it can take literally months of non-weight bearing recovery if it involves significant reconstruction.

Advertisement
when did he officially commit then? Rivals says yesterday, but most other recruiting sites say he hasn't committed yet.

other than the fact the guy has feet like Bill Walton, this coudl be good. WHat exactly is wrong with his footsies? Dude has played like 5 games in 3 years? WTF

I'm worried about these kids with chronic foot problems. It's not always as easy to fix them with surgery. There are really very few orthopedists that know that much about complex or unusual foot problems. Same with most podiatrists. Also, it can take literally months of non-weight bearing recovery if it involves significant reconstruction.

Better to have a kid with a chronic foot problem than a kid with a footlong chronic problem.

jussssssayin'

Hopefully the kid can come in and make some noise, but in all honesty it is doubtful. At this point we are just trying to plug in bodies on the DL and hoping someone pans out. At least Al is trying and not sitting around doing nothing though.

Advertisement
hate to say it, but he sounds like a raw prospect that has not played much because of chronic injuries. I'm not saying don't take him, bc clearly we are desperate. But I wouldn't expect a world beater.

hate to say it, but he sounds like a raw prospect that has not played much because of chronic injuries. I'm not saying don't take him, bc clearly we are desperate. But I wouldn't expect a world beater.

we need bodies right now

Welcome to the U young man. See if it works out if not then just designate him on that career ending IR list to free up the schollie again. No downside risk here.

Advertisement
LULZ. Gonna need a source on that one. Some of those dudes in the WEZ are clever and have a lot of time to make **** up.

People keep saying he is raw but **** buddy only has 2 years to figure this thing out and its over for him. The staff must think he can hit the ground running or learn very fast. JMO.

Advertisement
People keep saying he is raw but **** buddy only has 2 years to figure this thing out and its over for him. The staff must think he can hit the ground running or learn very fast. JMO.

Not so sure you need to be a genius to play DT. Two years should be enough time to figure it out.

LULZ. Gonna need a source on that one. Some of those dudes in the WEZ are clever and have a lot of time to make **** up.

Right now, the core source is rivals.com. Until we get a confirmation, we will keep the "unconfirmed" tag on the thread title.

Not so sure you need to be a genius to play DT. Two years should be enough time to figure it out.

As long as he has the size and strength, DT isn't rocket science. Should have some experienced LBs behind him telling him where to go too

The dude broke one foot in highschool misses practically his entire sr yr, then has to redshirt when he gets to Juco because his foot is still not ready. Then a year later plays in his first 5 games of his 2nd year at Juco and breaks his othe foot. Sounds to me like he has bone density problems ( sounds like early onset of Osteoporosis) which is going to be a chronic problem causing he to most likely leave football after a year and be put on a medical hardship scholarship which doesn't count against the roster but does come from football budget ( ouch).

I say skip this kid and use the sholarship for a 2014 kid that doesn't have an injury prone history. Such as 2014 DT :Joel Thompson, Arthur Williams, or Chris Nelson.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back