D'Eriq King?

....you don’t luck into the numbers King put up.

Exactly.

Fifty fūckin TDs. 5-0. FIFTY. 50.

Nobody is saying he’s a perfect quarterback, and has the perfect drop back form, but the guy is a **** of an athlete, with a live alarm, looks accurate on a lot of those throws, and is a decisive and extremely fast and elusive runner.

There are some players that just make things happen, and he’s one of those.

Put him in an offense where there are quick reads and quick throws, with the occasional downfield look, and opportunities to either run or pass, while running a ton of plays and tiring the opponent‘s defense out.

I’m looking forward to watching him play.

Advertisement
I looked at his history at Houston and based on that wonder why it is ASSUMED he is the answer. He played in 4 games in 2019 and went 1-3 beating Prairie View. He stopped playing because of an injury and decided to redshirt to get another year. In 2018 he had a fair amount of success but in 4 years at Houston his completion percentage was just okay. With all the hype I didn't investigate but after checking I have concerns. Martell or Kosi just might outperform him.
I guess his main advantage is his playing time. I won't be surprised if Kosi or Martell beat him out.

i-dont-believe-you-gif-anchorman-4.gif

Good to see another person with a sane post, that new transfer in qb touchdown stats dont move me, here's his stats that i saw he's 11 & 8 as a starter, and against similar competition, his stats were mediocre. So i dont get all the hype, but what ****es me off is seeing coach diaz at it again, that **** seems to smart to keep sounding ridiculous:

Miami head coach Manny Diaz praised Martell in February:

"Tate is a person that if he was standing in this room, within 15 minutes there would be 15 people standing around him. He's just got that personality people gravitate to. He's a natural leader of men. He's a guy that, when he was in seventh grade, drew up his own playbook. He just loves ball. He loves playing the position of quarterback.

“Tate Martell, in addition to what he can do on the field with his athleticism and his ability to to make plays with his arm and his feet, we looked at Tate as a gym rat, he’s an excellent X’s and O’s guy, he’s a guy that loves the game and he’s always in his playbook.

We thought he would help change the culture in our quarterback room.

On January 1st we weren’t sure we had a quarterback on our campus we thought we had talented guys like N’Kosi Perry and Jarren Williams were very talented but we just felt like that room lacked the maturity level to really lead a program like the University of Miami.”

Same soup, just reheated:

Diaz is not only excited about the skill set that King brings to the position. The head coach is also impressed by the leadership traits King has shown since arriving at UM in January.

“He is probably the type of quarterback Miami has never had,” Diaz said. “Miami has had some good quarterbacks, but not with the dual threat ability that he possesses. It is exciting because his skill set is exciting, he has been in big games, and he has put up the numbers and it is exciting because of who he is when you get to know D’Eriq and how he ticks and thinks about the game. You hear all these cliches about being a student of the game and being a gym rat, but he is.”

Being a student of the game, being a gym rat. We obviously needed a reboot in our QB room. Not just in terms of on the field production, but the culture in that room. To have a guy like D’Eriq who cannot only put up 50 touchdowns but is off the charts in all those cultural things.

I told D’Eriq I want him to make the team better after he leaves. By his on the field performance and by showing our QBs how to be a big-time college football QB.”
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Coach diaz phucked up last year by handing & naming a crybaby as the starter instead of going with the proven winner and team leader in perry. Now it sounds like coach diaz has already named the starter at qb in the new transfer guy, but once again, like last year, im going with my boy perry, who's never flinched since he's been here, has always been committed to his teammates and is 6 & 3 as a starter. He's not just gone hand over that starting qb job to nobody and if coach diaz wants to lose even more team credibility than he did last year by starting crybaby jarren and than giving transfer tate booku playing time, it wont be long for him here. He better have a True qb competition, one things for certain, the players will once again know who should be starting.

Also, this will be the toughest defense the new transfer qb has gone up against in his career, i dont expect him to be doing to much of nothing. Coach diaz tried to be slick last year during the qb competition by trying to hide who kept turning the ball over, lol, we already knew, let's see what happens this year, cause at 5'10, and coming to play in the ACC, he's no russell wilson. Our d-line and secondary bout to force coach diaz to have to go with the best arm and qb with the most potential and if rhett lashlee goes with his criteria for naming a starter than that'll be this guy:

Kosi completed 50% of his passes last year. Jarren partied and completed 60%+.

Enough said.

I looked at his history at Houston and based on that wonder why it is ASSUMED he is the answer. He played in 4 games in 2019 and went 1-3 beating Prairie View. He stopped playing because of an injury and decided to redshirt to get another year. In 2018 he had a fair amount of success but in 4 years at Houston his completion percentage was just okay. With all the hype I didn't investigate but after checking I have concerns. Martell or Kosi just might outperform him.
I guess his main advantage is his playing time. I won't be surprised if Kosi or Martell beat him out.
No offense but........Are you ******* insane???? What in the **** is the matter with you????

"In 2018 he had a fair amount of success." WTF???? He had 35 pass TDs and 15 rush TDs. He had 50 Phucking TDs!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys! I looked up Dan Marino and in 1984 he threw for 5,000 yards and 48 TDs. I would say he played fairly well. You could say he had a fair amount of success.

Last edited:
Kosi completed 50% of his passes last year. Jarren partied and completed 60%+.

Enough said.

Come on man, learn football, stop being like diaz, praising mediocrity, you trying to exalt the short passing king, over perry, since you like stats, jw15 ended with his 60% comp rate ended the year 4 & 6 as the starter and perry was 2 & 1 and balled against tougher competition. **** he should've been at 70% with all the short passes he threw, **** was scared to throw the deep ball, GTFOH with the 60% non-sense, "jarren partied" and lost 3 straight games is what he did, you are an example of the type of mediocre Canes fan these days, UM fans use to know football, many of you and your kind on this board!

Advertisement
Come on man, learn football, stop being like diaz, praising mediocrity, you trying to exalt the short passing king, over perry, since you like stats, jw15 ended with his 60% comp rate ended the year 4 & 6 as the starter and perry was 2 & 1 and balled against tougher competition. **** he should've been at 70% with all the short passes he threw, **** was scared to throw the deep ball, GTFOH with the 60% non-sense, "jarren partied" and lost 3 straight games is what he did, you are an example of the type of mediocre Canes fan these days, UM fans use to know football, many of you and your kind on this board!
Yeah Jarren partied and Kosi still couldn't take the job from him. All the evidence u need is the Pitt game. We were on our way to a loss until Kosi was benched for Jarren.

U Kosi hive guys need to hang it up. Y'all really looking pathetic out here in these streets.

Keep your ghey *** tendecies to yourself, what i am is loyal to the True Canes, what you and others are, are like prostitutes always running up to the next new car pulling up on the block but dont know WTF is in it. I'd be surprised if transfer tate still has ballz, cause a whole lot of yall same morons was swinging from them as soon as and some before he signed with UM. I said than, he wont beat out perry, and the facts prevailed. What kind of UM fan is rooting for an outsider to just walk in and take a starting job, at UM, that's an insult to the program, those are the ones who know nothing about UM football, but you'd be one of the happy ones. Im sure you were like a pig in slop when crock berlin transfered here to as well, i said basically the same thing back than when it comes to transfers, and crock was the beginning of the end to UM football dominance. Unlike other schools this University never just relied on a qb, the defense and offensive weapons were the stars of the team, not the qb's. So this new notion about "you need a top flight qb to be in the CFP" is non-sense, that **** craig krenzel will never be looked at as a top flight qb, but one things for certain, that **** was tough as they come and laid it all on the line for his teammates, and made plays. The shots he took in that game and kept getting back up to make plays, respect was earned. All we need is a common sense oc and we'll be straight. What's embarrassing are how many people in here who post claiming to be UM fans but dont know **** about em!

What you don't realize is, the main reason Tate Martell was brought in last yr as a transfer was because of how poorly N'Kosi played & his lack of maturity in 18'. The same thing is true this yr as well. If there was a true answer @ QB on the roster, Lashlee wouldn't have felt that it was imperative to go out and recruit a grad transfer QB. That was a result of Williams, N'Kosi, & Martell leaving a lot to be desired, as well as TVD being a true freshmen. Furthermore King doesn't need the position handed to him without competition, because he's a 5th yr Sr who's hungry to prove all skeptics that he can play QB on a P5 team, and ultimately in the NFL. But regardless why does it matter to you if the players were initially recruited or ended up transferring here, as long as they help MIA win games?? Once they put on the orange & green uniform they are Canes, and that's where your loyalty should lie. Finally you do realize that Craig Krenzel played CFB almost 20 yrs ago right? The game has changed a lot in that time period, and to win a NC in this era you have to have a QB who's a prolific passer. I'm not suggesting that Defense doesn't matter, just that Offense matters more

Last edited:
Yeah Jarren partied and Kosi still couldn't take the job from him. All the evidence u need is the Pitt game. We were on our way to a loss until Kosi was benched for Jarren.

U Kosi hive guys need to hang it up. Y'all really looking pathetic out here in these streets.

If you say so, if a 1st time headcoach thinks a losing minded jw15 was the answer and you think the same, i understand why you posting like you do. You bring up the pitt game, who knows what would've happened had perry stayed in the game, yeah j15 came in and mase a nice throw, but if that one throw is your justification for thinking jw15 should've been the starter, have at it. But if you know and understand anything about football, you'd see there has basically been no game that perry has started or played in where he didnt give us a chance to win the game, his resume speaks for itself, the people that look pathetic are the ones who dont post facts, but carry on, you might learn football one day!

Advertisement
Exactly.

Fifty fūckin TDs. 5-0. FIFTY. 50.

Nobody is saying he’s a perfect quarterback, and has the perfect drop back form, but the guy is a **** of an athlete, with a live alarm, looks accurate on a lot of those throws, and is a decisive and extremely fast and elusive runner.

There are some players that just make things happen, and he’s one of those.

Put him in an offense where there are quick reads and quick throws, with the occasional downfield look, and opportunities to either run or pass, while running a ton of plays and tiring the opponent‘s defense out.

I’m looking forward to watching him play.

This ^^ If you does 75% of what he did last year he'll have arguably the greatest statistical season for a Cannes QB and we win at least 10 games

Stood next to him and a few other players along with Lashlee at the Fri night gator game.

My main takeaway was I was shocked how small King is. It was a little alarming. He can’t be more than 5’9”. Listed at 5’11”?? No chance...

Nonetheless the kid seems ready....

If you say so, if a 1st time headcoach thinks a losing minded jw15 was the answer and you think the same, i understand why you posting like you do. You bring up the pitt game, who knows what would've happened had perry stayed in the game, yeah j15 came in and mase a nice throw, but if that one throw is your justification for thinking jw15 should've been the starter, have at it. But if you know and understand anything about football, you'd see there has basically been no game that perry has started or played in where he didnt give us a chance to win the game, his resume speaks for itself, the people that look pathetic are the ones who dont post facts, but carry on, you might learn football one day!
You're right, his resume does speak for itself, and it's says he's a career 50% completion percentage QB.

There's people who know football and then there is people like u who only watch it.

What you don't realize is, the main reason Tate Martell was brought in last yr as a transfer was because of how poorly N'Kosi played & his lack of maturity in 18'. The same thing is true this yr as well. If there was a true answer @ QB on the roster, Lashlee wouldn't have felt that it was imperative to go out and recruit a grad transfer QB. That was a result of Williams, N'Kosi, & Martell leaving a lot to be desired, as well as TVD being a true freshmen. Furthermore King doesn't need the position handed to him without competition, because he's a 5th yr Sr who's hungry to prove all skeptics that he can play QB on a P5 team, and ultimately in the NFL. But regardless why does it matter to you if the players were initially recruited or ended up transferring here, as long as they help MIA win games?? Once they put on the orange & green uniform they are Canes, and that's where your loyalty should lie. Finally you do realize that Craig Krenzel played CFB almost 20 yrs ago right? The game has changed a lot in that time period, and to win a NC in this era you have to have a QB who's a prolific passer. I'm not suggesting that Defense doesn't matter, just that Offense matters more

What you dont realize is common sense football, who cares what qb came in, of course diaz was going to try and bring in another qb, still does not matter or mean perry cant get the job done, again, he's 6 & 3 as a starter, has put several games on tape that showed his True potential, and has already proven himself at this level and conference. When perry has True weapons to throw to, he's proven he can get the job done, the whole offense was immature not just perry, but he's going into his 4th year like several of the offensive guys, its not gone be no cake walk for that new transfer in qb. And the fact that you are asking "why does it matter if players were initially recruited or transfered in" shows you dont have a True Cane mentality, and you are part of the problem and culture that UM has now, to many clueless individuals these days that just spout off with emotions and not facts, ****, you like to support runners and quitters, jw15 put on a UM jersey was he a True Cane, ***** no, and never was, once coach richt found that out he was gone dog walk jarren. You like many have no clue what a True Cane is, and drool over whoever the new transfers that are let in are, or consistently searching the portal like diaz. Shows weakness, that's not UM football, but coach richt did upgrade the talent level and foundation of this program, in the meantime, you carry on!

Advertisement
He had more TD’s in one year that all our qb’s combined for their career.

Also more kick return touchdowns then anyone on our current roster. He’s probably pretty close to having the most receptions and td’s too. Probably in the top three.

You're right, his resume does speak for itself, and it's says he's a career 50% completion percentage QB.

There's people who know football and then there is people like u who only watch it.

The transfer tate fans like yourself are easily recognizable, how did that work out for yall last year. Its obvious you dont know football at all, otherwise you wouldnt be trying to judge perry based off of that high powered enos already offense, if you wont to continue to be a clown have at it, no matter how much you want to talk about perry being a 50% comp percentage qb, 6 & 3, looks a whole lot better than 11 & 8, and running to another team. Coach diaz cant be trying to seriously establish himself as a respected headcoach by consistently grabbing and elevating quitters and runners to starter positions without having True competition for spots coach diaz will continually lose the team, he can talk about culture all he wants, by him doi g what he's doing, talking out of both sides of his neck not gone work.

He better wisen up, and show he can get the most out of the guys that have already been here, trying to hype up quitters and runners and the newest recruiting class is foolish and is not gone save em. Again, the new transfer in qb is shorter than transfer tate, if he's forced to stay in the pocket and make accurate throws, that's going to be his challenge, perry doesnt have that problem, and a motivated perry has that gear thst many qb's willnever be able to get too!

The transfer tate fans like yourself are easily recognizable, how did that work out for yall last year. Its obvious you dont know football at all, otherwise you wouldnt be trying to judge perry based off of that high powered enos already offense, if you wont to continue to be a clown have at it, no matter how much you want to talk about perry being a 50% comp percentage qb, 6 & 3, looks a whole lot better than 11 & 8, and running to another team. Coach diaz cant be trying to seriously establish himself as a respected headcoach by consistently grabbing and elevating quitters and runners to starter positions without having True competition for spots coach diaz will continually lose the team, he can talk about culture all he wants, by him doi g what he's doing, talking out of both sides of his neck not gone work.

He better wisen up, and show he can get the most out of the guys that have already been here, trying to hype up quitters and runners and the newest recruiting class is foolish and is not gone save em. Again, the new transfer in qb is shorter than transfer tate, if he's forced to stay in the pocket and make accurate throws, that's going to be his challenge, perry doesnt have that problem, and a motivated perry has that gear thst many qb's willnever be able to get too!
This is going to be hilarious to revisit this time next year when Perry transfers out. Just another "runner and quitter" added to the list.

Advertisement
What kind of UM fan is rooting for an outsider to just walk in and take a starting job, at UM, that's an insult to the program, those are the ones who know nothing about UM football, but you'd be one of the happy ones...
I’ll address this point - the kind of UM fan who’s seen our QB room, knows it’s limited and wants to upgrade...

MaRtEl tRaNSfEreD heRe aNd He DiDn’T pAn OuT!

Stop comparing King to Martell. King actually started a whole season + and has more than proven his ability. Martell had only played in a few games and most of it was garbage time. He was still a very unproven product.

I don’t care if King didn’t look great against much better competition. No quarterback would. Houston was a garbage team and King had to carry the whole offense. How well do you think Trevor Lawrence would perform in that same scenario? If he was playing against a team where every single opposing player was far better than anybody on his own team?

Advertisement
Back