D'Eriq King lost his Father

Advertisement
Young man, I hope you see this. You are part of a new family now. Not one that can compare to your blood and bone, but one that you can confide in, grow with, build memories with and contribute your part to the legend of.
It's all brand new right now, all of it. This moment, is all brand new.
Accept this, take this in...remember this
Try to understand that these things are a part of life, and in this particular moment you are in this situation and in this place, for a reason. You have strength, you have always had strength.

This nation, This CANE NATION is here to support you and be a part of your backbone. To provide you with something...something else. Something that only you can make of it.

We got your back, we always will, now go and do you, and despite all of the many obstacles you will face, never forget that today you have one that will never go away, and never be erased. Yet you have benn challenged with life, and you must endure and take advantage of every opportunity to continue to make your father proud, because like THIS CANE NATION, he will ALWAYS be there for you!

Advertisement
Thoughts and prayers for the King family in this incredibly trying time. I offer my most sincere and heartfelt condolences to D'eriq, his family and anyone else affected by this terrible loss.

I cannot speak from experience as I still have my father but I can imagine how excruciatingly painful this must be for a young man D'eriq's age. When the father and son relationship is as articulated in D'eriq's eulogy it must be even more painful still. For any young man, that type of relationship with a true father/father figure is a blessing that sadly, millions of men all over this world have never had the opportunity to experience. For those men who have had that strong and positive father figure, losing that parent can be emotionally devastating. I have seen many friends go through it. RIP Mr. King.

****! That’s rough. Couldn’t imagine the sadness he’s probably feeling.

Does anyone know if this was unexpected?

Advertisement
Advertisement
What is so sad.................. is that....... this is the time frame that any father would have enjoyed more than ever......... when his son steps up and plays College football.

This kid is hurting more than anyone could imagine.

Happiest time for D'Eriq at the Miami opportunity, and mourning now for his departed Dad.

D'Eriq we want you to know, that As a Cane Family we got your back,..................... and May your Dad rest in peace, cheering and looking down for you on that football field as you rep our Canes..........
Be strong, and may your Dad RIP.............
From all Canes to you......we got you...

The chip on D'Eriq King's shoulder is about to turn into a boulder. You heard it here first, and I stand firm in what I said. D'Eriq King this yr will be a Heisman trophy finalist. Believe that

R.I.P Coach King.

Last edited:
We feel for you young man.

i was 38 when my father died and I still felt like it was too soon.

Advertisement
Does anyone on here know the cause of death? I lost my father suddenly after hurricane Andrew and it’s still difficult. No chance to say goodbye. I hope he had a chance to express these thoughts to his father.

Man with this and after watching Rock's speech about his dad it makes me appreciate that my father is still around .

Sadly, this team seems to have had a disproportionate amount of these type of losses in the last handful of years. Hopefully at least those previous experiences will have prepared them to be there for their new brother in the way he'll need.

Advertisement
Back