D'Eriq King is returning

Beyond the fact that King is the best QB we’ve had since Toretta, he’s such a strong leader this does nothing but fortify a culture that has long needed a facelift.

Last year, King came here in January in the middle of a pandemic and had to learn everything and everyone. This is his team now. There will be differences in the way he can lead and hold others accountable. It’s not really “culture” when the coaches hold people accountable, it’s authoritarian. Culture comes from peers holding peers accountable in a way that clearly shows “this is how we do things here.” If your players aren’t holding each other accountable and forcing each other to get better, you don’t have a championship culture.

Garcia and Van Dyke learn and develop and you’ve actually got a chance to be old and stay old at the position.

Add to it the fact that Miami could get to 85 schollies for the first time since before Randy Shannon and this is a huge step towards becoming that second tier level of programs. The top tier has three programs right now, so that’s still a ways off, but this development cannot be oversold in my view.

Manny continues to be Sisyphus pushing that **** Boulder back up again and making me believe it might actually stay one of these days.
Deadly accurate with a Sisyphus reference to boot. Doesn’t get better.

Hopefully King can be our Taj Boyd transition to a turnaround. QB is and always will be the most important position in sports. If Manure manages to fck up another year of having an elite QB/elite leader, then he should fire himself.

Advertisement
I legitimately view WR as a weakness on par with CB. The young pups will get there, but it won't be next season. Just my opinion. I know the staff probably feels different.
It is, but King and our TEs have helped to paper over some of the issue. Harley CANNOT do it alone, nor should he be expected to.

Every year, I've poo-pooed those who ignore OL as a yuge weakness. But next year, finally, we will have some OLs. That will help further paper over the WR issue.

As a moderator who is late to this thread, please supply all booty gifs. They are welcome and appropriate for this news

forums GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Beyond the fact that King is the best QB we’ve had since Toretta, he’s such a strong leader this does nothing but fortify a culture that has long needed a facelift.

Last year, King came here in January in the middle of a pandemic and had to learn everything and everyone. This is his team now. There will be differences in the way he can lead and hold others accountable. It’s not really “culture” when the coaches hold people accountable, it’s authoritarian. Culture comes from peers holding peers accountable in a way that clearly shows “this is how we do things here.” If your players aren’t holding each other accountable and forcing each other to get better, you don’t have a championship culture.

Garcia and Van Dyke learn and develop and you’ve actually got a chance to be old and stay old at the position.

Add to it the fact that Miami could get to 85 schollies for the first time since before Randy Shannon and this is a huge step towards becoming that second tier level of programs. The top tier has three programs right now, so that’s still a ways off, but this development cannot be oversold in my view.

Manny continues to be Sisyphus pushing that **** Boulder back up again and making me believe it might actually stay one of these days.
I like King but you gotta put some respect on Dorsey name

Advertisement
I think the pitch I'd make him is he can be anywhere from a 3-5th rounder (never know) this year, or a solid 2nd rounder next year. The differences in $ and security are sizable.
In relation to staying or going- I'd venture to say that Brevin has one of the largest potential differentials in initial NFL money in recent memory of guys in this program.

I can absolutely hear Kiper now mentioning him as one of his "best available" as we hit the 3rd round of this year's Draft but then also immediately hearing the words "injury bug".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back