D'Eriq King is returning

Wayyyyyy to early to be calling TVD a bust. King coming back will only help his development. Burrow and Jones come to mind when considering late bloomers or QB’s that waited on their chance to shine.

Advertisement
Really? I feel like everytime i watch they beat Central, Carol City, and MNW by atleast 20.

I may be wrong though.
The thing with the IMG's of the world is those kids are only their for 1, maybe 2 years tops...whereas the schools that you mentioned, are together for 3-4 years, have developed chemistry, and have just enough talent to beat or compete against the IMG's of the world. Same thing with the Dukes & Kentuckys of the world with all their 1 & done players.

I am really glad he's coming back, but as we all saw this year, he can not do it alone. He's going to need a lot of people to step up on O, because I have serious doubts about the D being any better next year. In all honesty, I think the D will be worse. Our O is going to have to take a major step up.

I am glad our O looked better this year than the previous few, but I'd by a liar if I said I wasn't a bit underwhelmed by it. Lashlee must find a way to help King get the ball in the hands of his playmakers. King is VERY talented, but something just looked off with our O most of the season. Here's hoping more practices for the bowl, and a full offseason in what I hope is an evolving system will do the O wonders.

Wayyyyyy to early to be calling TVD a bust. King coming back will only help his development. Burrow and Jones come to mind when considering late bloomers or QB’s that waited on their chance to shine.

king coming back was best case scenario for our QB room as non of the backups are ready. Now we need to get TVD or Garcia garbage time snaps in 2021. Time to move on from Kosi in my opinion..

Advertisement
king coming back was best case scenario for our QB room as non of the backups are ready. Now we need to get TVD or Garcia garbage time snaps in 2021. Time to move on from Kosi in my opinion..

And we still need to land a top tier '22 QB on top of that ....

The Lord of the [Touchdown] Rings: The Return of the King
01.jpg

I still think that 2019 is indicative of how Manny will do without King.

I guess this means that Manny will have 2 okayish (not great or even that good) seasons before he goes back to being a total flop as coach, rather than just one season.

Advertisement
King interviewing now . Said NFL gave him a 4-6th rd grade
the way he explained it inferred it is not a single grade, but numerous grades by different individuals. (didn't know this). clearly not a high draft choice. he is a very intelligent and grounded kid, very evident by watching the interview.

Great news for all the reasons mentioned above. For me defensive coaching upgrades are just as important so then would I really be excited.

-Ol by default has to keep getting better
-Chaney and knighton should take bigger jumps
-Te should be strong as usual
-throwing brinson, George and Smith to this years freshmen and upperclassmen some more wrs have to be hits. There is enough talent on paper and competition that one or two guys should be able to supplant Wiggins
-offense should overall be top 10-15 in the country.

-please upgrade the new defensive staff and a legitimate coastal/acc threat will be possible. Clemson will have stud replacements and unc will likely still be strong but a lot more youth in both programs. The defensive upgrades could have us make some real noise.

Advertisement
That’s not a logical connection. No one is coming in here and beating King out. Maybe King is just that good in this system?

And I think it’s possible that TVD could be a bust but not because he can’t beat out King.

There’s another agenda playing here. I’m not quite sure what it is.

But to say TVD is a bust, because he can’t beat out King? Find me any freshman or redshirt freshman that could beat out King.

I have no idea how good TVD is or isn’t, but he would have to be hands down All-American phenomenal to beat out King.

Not beating him out doesn’t mean he’s a bust. It just means that this poster had some kind of a weird psychotic agenda

Amen. We were much improved from 6-7 but we need to show we can beat a team with a pulse. I never shiit on beating teams like VT but when you look back at the season we played a terrible schedule outside of NC state, Clemson and UNC. A win against a quality cowboy team would be very good for the program.

What teams didn't play a terrible schedule outside of their 3 best opponents? Our SOS was ranked 32. Not amazing but far from terrible. Terrible is Ohio St with a SOS of 70.

And what makes Okla St a team with a pulse but somehow NC St isn't? I'd love to hear the mental gymnastics there.

Advertisement
OG? 62-26. How soon they forget.

I haven't forgotten.

Yah. Calling Manny OG. What the heck is that all about. To be an OG Cane is to be or resemble what our glory days looked like. We are far from tha

There's a difference in wanting and/or wishing Manny well and calling him "OG" as the "OP" did. There's nothing gangster about loosing to FIU, Duke, and La Tech, then getting clowned on by UNC with the Orange Bowl on the line.

Getting good recruiting classes and winning the offseason is nice, but show me you can coach. Show me you can establish a culture that players will follow. Show me you can lead. That's "OG."

This is patently obvious. I was celebrating. Instead of attaching videos of big-bootied women or a guy *********ing at his keyboard, I called Manny an "OG". I should have just said "FVCK Yeah" instead so you wouldn't try to psychoanalyze my post.

You’re taking it too seriously and encouraging the trolls. Anyone who actually believes that Manny is an OG has one ********. But I do think the guy will legit try to succeed. If he’s serious, he’ll make some needed changes.

Stop fantasizing about my one remaining ********, RVA.

What teams didn't play a terrible schedule outside of their 3 best opponents? Our SOS was ranked 32. Not amazing but far from terrible. Terrible is Ohio St with a SOS of 70.

And what makes Okla St a team with a pulse but somehow NC St isn't? I'd love to hear the mental gymnastics there.
I don’t mind our schedule. I mind that the two toughest teams we faced boat raced us and we won a dog fight against the third Team which wasn’t exactly Alabama.

Advertisement
Back