D'Eriq King is returning

There’s another agenda playing here. I’m not quite sure what it is.

But to say TVD is a bust, because he can’t beat out King? Find me any freshman or redshirt freshman that could beat out King.

I have no idea how good TVD is or isn’t, but he would have to be hands down All-American phenomenal to beat out King.

Not beating him out doesn’t mean he’s a bust. It just means that this poster had some kind of a weird psychotic agenda
Well doesn't every other D1P5 program have a freshman QB saviour arrive on campus each year?

Who then proceeds to beat out the previous freshman saviour.

Of course.

🙄🙄🙄🙄

Advertisement
I haven't forgotten.

This is patently obvious. I was celebrating. Instead of attaching videos of big-bootied women or a guy *********ing at his keyboard, I called Manny an "OG". I should have just said "FVCK Yeah" instead so you wouldn't try to psychoanalyze my post.

Stop fantasizing about my one remaining ********, RVA.
Everyone is happy King is returning. That had zero to do with Manny. So, I fail to understand why you even mentioned him let one send him praises about King's return. Lashlee is the one who got King here in the first place.

Last edited:
Everyone is happy King is returning. That had zero to do with Manny. So, I fail to understand why you even mentioned him let one send him praises about King's return. Lashlee is the one who got King here in the first place.
Wrong..King or Lashlee would not be here in the first place without Diaz. Certainly would not be returning if the environment was toxic. Hence the last 15 years of people jumping ship that had no business even thinking about the NFL. Diaz is 100% responsible for the environment. All the moves up today leads for players having faith in the program.

Advertisement
Wrong..King or Lashlee would not be here in the first place without Diaz. Certainly would not be returning if the environment was toxic. Hence the last 15 years of people jumping ship that had no business even thinking about the NFL. Diaz is 100% responsible for the environment. All the moves up today leads for players having faith in the program.
lashlee attracted king. Manny sealed the deal both times

You're just phucking silly. Based on your analogy, you can give Diaz credit for every player recruited since he's the HC and hired his assistants. I guess you can also blame Diaz for the lack of CB recruits as well.

Diaz getting Lashlee was a really good hire, but who Lashlee brought in at QB had nothing to do with the HC. King didn't come here to run the Diaz offense. He came here to run the Lashlee offense and Lashlee recruited him for it.

You're just phucking silly. Based on your analogy, you can give Diaz credit for every player recruited since he's the HC and hired his assistants. I guess you can also blame Diaz for the lack of CB recruits as well.

Diaz getting Lashlee was a really good hire, but who Lashlee brought in at QB had nothing to do with the HC. King didn't come here to run the Diaz offense. He came here to run the Lashlee offense and Lashlee recruited him for it.

You're engaging in some weird semantics.

Diaz gets credit for King and Lashlee.

He also gets credit or blame for everything. He’s the head coach.

CB recruiting situation. On Diaz.

LBs - on Diaz.

UNC fiasco - 100% on Diaz and 100% on him to fix.

6-7 - on Diaz. 8-2 - on Diaz.

Win or lose bowl - on Diaz.

Good or bad, as far as I’m concerned, it’s on him.

Exactly. Diaz has a gimmicky defense and a used-car-salesman promoter personality. Clemson and UNC trounced us, and other than Notre Dame and Va Tech in 2017, we really haven't played good defense against good teams in his era. He's flawed, and I'm not certain he gets us back to BCS championships.

But the guy also fired everyone on the offense under Richt, hired Enos on the DL from Saban, fired the guy and all his staff around him when he failed to deliver, exploited the portal better than anyone else in the business, brought in Lashlee who brought in a deep and experienced staff, created a team culture where a kid like King not only wants to transfer in but wants to stay, and landed our best class in over 15 years loaded with south Florida talent.

You can parse my words and take offense to calling him a Gangster. Maybe he's Fredo or A.J. Soprano, not the real deal. But the above are facts. Manny's done some great things at Miami, and when our MVP decides to come back, it's worth celebrating and giving him some credit.

Advertisement

Remember your statement..."That had zero to do with Manny". You think Lashlee was begging to come here without Manny input and direction after the crap year. So if manny higher lashlee and king comes because of him Manny gets credit for that good or bad. No matter what king does not come back if Lashlee is not commiting to returning. To make that happen manny needs to give him a raise. I will again end with that if the environment is toxic...king does not come back. All on diaz succeed or failure.

You're engaging in some weird semantics.

Diaz gets credit for King and Lashlee.

He also gets credit or blame for everything. He’s the head coach.

CB recruiting situation. On Diaz.

LBs - on Diaz.

UNC fiasco - 100% on Diaz and 100% on him to fix.

6-7 - on Diaz. 8-2 - on Diaz.

Win or lose bowl - on Diaz.

Good or bad, as far as I’m concerned, it’s on him.
Not weird. Just pointing out how dumb it is say the HC gets credit for a player that the OC recruited to run his offense just because he hired him. Just as it is to say Diaz is responsible for the lack of CB recruits. Yep, Diaz failed to get Jason Marshall. Failed to get Patrick Surtain Jr. Failed to get Tyson Campbell. Might as well ad in Safeties Josh Jobe and Tyrique Stevenson.

So, according to you and @grover, if Lashlee develops King into a Heisman winner, then Diaz should get the credit?

Remember your statement..."That had zero to do with Manny". You think Lashlee was begging to come here without Manny input and direction after the crap year. So if manny higher lashlee and king comes because of him Manny gets credit for that good or bad. No matter what king does not come back if Lashlee is not commiting to returning. To make that happen manny needs to give him a raise. I will again end with that if the environment is toxic...king does not come back. All on diaz succeed or failure.
Diaz is responsible for the overall success of the program. He's responsible for his staff hires. Those that recruit are responsible for recruiting.

Does King come here if Lashlee isn't here and Diaz asks him to come anyway? NO!!!

Advertisement
Diaz is responsible for the overall success of the program. He's responsible for his staff hires. Those that recruit are responsible for recruiting.

Does King come here if Lashlee isn't here and Diaz asks him to come anyway? NO!!!

You’re just arguing to argue. I get it, you don’t like Diaz. But of course he deserves credit for King coming back. No OOS kid would come back if they felt the head coach was a moron and the culture was toxic, which is what we had for the past 15+ years.

You’re just arguing to argue. I get it, you don’t like Diaz. But of course he deserves credit for King coming back. No OOS kid would come back if they felt the head coach was a moron and the culture was toxic, which is what we had for the past 15+ years.
Completely agree with this. It’s a tell of where our culture is at right now. Getting guys like King to stay an extra year is partially a reason why teams like Bama and Clemson are as loaded as they are.

Completely agree with this. It’s a tell of where our culture is at right now. Getting guys like King to stay an extra year is partially a reason why teams like Bama and Clemson are as loaded as they are.

I mean, Dabo gets his round 1 DL to come back, or gets his 1st-pick-first-rounder not to sit out and he (rightly) gets credit. Manny is no Dabo, his defense is dogt **** against good teams. But he deserves credit where credit is due.

Advertisement
Not weird. Just pointing out how dumb it is say the HC gets credit for a player that the OC recruited to run his offense just because he hired him. Just as it is to say Diaz is responsible for the lack of CB recruits. Yep, Diaz failed to get Jason Marshall. Failed to get Patrick Surtain Jr. Failed to get Tyson Campbell. Might as well ad in Safeties Josh Jobe and Tyrique Stevenson.

So, according to you and @grover, if Lashlee develops King into a Heisman winner, then Diaz should get the credit?

Diaz is 100% responsible for the CB and LB situation. That’s how it works when you’re the head guy.

Violated the no mope order
What teams didn't play a terrible schedule outside of their 3 best opponents? Our SOS was ranked 32. Not amazing but far from terrible. Terrible is Ohio St with a SOS of 70.

And what makes Okla St a team with a pulse but somehow NC St isn't? I'd love to hear the mental gymnastics there.

NCSU is a decent team. We went 1-2 against teams with a pulse this year, and got out scored by 56 points. Wonderful.

NCSU is a decent team. We went 1-2 against teams with a pulse this year, and got out scored by 56 points. Wonderful.
200.gif

Advertisement
Back