Depth Chart

Advertisement
Hillery and Herbert gotta both be transferring now. Good sign that Chris Washington beat them out though

Gurvan as backup PR is interesting. Hopefully we see some pick 6s from him this year

LB/DT/DE depth is legit

CB depth is not but hopefully Williams and Couch take a leap, sounds like they have

Really hope Mark Pope has a huge year
Herbert is quite honestly the worst OT I've ever seen in my life...

Advertisement
I been telling yall all offseason Huff missed a shìt ton of reps.

He was a late add in Fall camp last year, he enrolled literally the last 2 days of Fall camp, which means he missed Spring camp, Summer workouts, the majority of Fall & wound up an academic redshirt his TF season, then coming into this year only got 5 days of Spring.

There was just no way he was going to be contending for a starting spot, especially will Jennings & Steed getting back healthy.

But one thing fans should understand by now is that Depth charts are not permanently set in stone, they fluctuate throughout the year & we also rotate guys in a lot, so just because you don't crack the 2 deep doesn't mean you're never going to play... Huff will get snaps this year.

Of course. And to be fair, I did say this was essentially meaningless. I think I was just more surprised to see him behind Steed, not necessarily starting. Yes, Steed has been here a few years but he’s been injured literally his entire career thus far. But you’re right, we’ll see how it looks by midseason.

Advertisement

Old enough to remember a Miami Coach saying we didnt need explosive plays.

This is encouraging considering the fact that, statistically speaking, we were actually quite an explosive team despite Enos putting our personnel in the absolute worst spots and just being an asshat in general.

I’m excited to see Lashlee, King and the rest of this offense work this season man it’s gonna be different in the absolute best way possible.

I been telling yall all offseason Huff missed a shìt ton of reps.

He was a late add in Fall camp last year, he enrolled literally the last 2 days of Fall camp, which means he missed Spring camp, Summer workouts, the majority of Fall & wound up an academic redshirt his TF season, then coming into this year only got 5 days of Spring.

There was just no way he was going to be contending for a starting spot, especially will Jennings & Steed getting back healthy.

But one thing fans should understand by now is that Depth charts are not permanently set in stone, they fluctuate throughout the year & we also rotate guys in a lot, so just because you don't crack the 2 deep doesn't mean you're never going to play... Huff will get snaps this year.

looking forward to seeing guys like brooks and huff on special teams coverage units. They are the prototype of what you want to field on those units - super athletic 210-215 pound LBs.

Herbert is quite honestly the worst OT I've ever seen in my life...
Not possible we had a guy from California on roster for about the last 7 seasons. Name escapes me but he was a Kaaya tag along that saw no reps for 6 seasons.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Zach McCloud starting at WLB bc he got beat out by Jennings at MLB is just a fail by the staff. If he’s better than the WLBs behind him then I’ll gladly say I was wrong but I doubt he gets the majority of the reps all season.

I wonder who is going to be the first true freshman safety to see the field on defense?... I hope it’s only after the game has already been decided.

Of course. And to be fair, I did say this was essentially meaningless. I think I was just more surprised to see him behind Steed, not necessarily starting. Yes, Steed has been here a few years but he’s been injured literally his entire career thus far. But you’re right, we’ll see how it looks by midseason.
I feel you, I’m excited about Huff but I understand the decision especially early on as UAB has size at RB. Jennings and Steed are stout against the run and have the lower bodies to mix it up with senior laden teams upfront. Huff is still a little lightweight as is Brooks, I think that’s the difference. I think while Steed and Brooks are not as athletic and fast, they are making up for it with knowledge (quicker reads) and bringing the lumber necessary to impact a power rushing attack.

UAB is gonna try to run it down our throats, I guarantee it. They are not gonna abandon the run unless we are up big, and that’s where we’ll feast.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back