Deon Bush should be moved to cornerback

Deon Bush is the best player on the Miami Hurricanes. Late first round-Second round pick in 2016. If he played for Nick Saban at Bama, he would be a star.

Advertisement
Deon Bush is the best player on the Miami Hurricanes. Late first round-Second round pick in 2016. If he played for Nick Saban at Bama, he would be a star.

I like him and Tyriq both. They don't let our line get loose though.

Leave Bush at safety. I'm down with moving Burns to safety. While we are at it, move Carter to linebacker.

Lol at the Tracy Howard hate. When allowed to play he was a blanket on WR's. They took his snaps after his sophomore season for a reason I'd like to keep to myself because it's my opinion.

Don't choke on it lets here what you have to say....??

Advertisement
Would never use the word "freak" to describe Rolle. Bush is a better athlete than Rolle IMO.

Agreed. But in terms of being a pure football player, Rolle is one of the best we've had IMO.

He could play close to the line, played corner, was always a threat to score with the ball in his hands, excellent tackler. Did everything well. Kind of like Honey Badger but bigger and stronger.

Would never use the word "freak" to describe Rolle. Bush is a better athlete than Rolle IMO.

Agreed. But in terms of being a pure football player, Rolle is one of the best we've had IMO.

He could play close to the line, played corner, was always a threat to score with the ball in his hands, excellent tackler. Did everything well. Kind of like Honey Badger but bigger and stronger.

Maybe I was off calling him a "freak" in that he was no Sean Taylor or Calvin Johnson, but the dude was well over 200 pounds and I seem to recall him running a high 4.3 40 during the run up to his getting drafted in addition to a 35+ inch vert...was able to run and jump with Larry Fitzgerald when we played them...thats pretty freakish to me.

You guys think Deon Bush would be able to stick with Tyler Boyd or Devante Parker in man on man coverage if we ever asked him to? I have my doubts.

I think he is a very good safety, an explosive hitter and a pretty good centerfielder who has bucked the trend and actually produced for this coaching staff, and now that we lost all those NFL guys he is one of the best players we have left on the roster and therefore is being overhyped.

Maybe I am under-valuing him. Would be the first time in recent memory I thought a player on our team was WORSE than the board consensus, I will tell you that.

Maybe I was off calling him a "freak" in that he was no Sean Taylor or Calvin Johnson, but the dude was well over 200 pounds and I seem to recall him running a high 4.3 40 during the run up to his getting drafted in addition to a 35+ inch vert...was able to run and jump with Larry Fitzgerald when we played them...thats pretty freakish to me.

You guys think Deon Bush would be able to stick with Tyler Boyd or Devante Parker in man on man coverage if we ever asked him to? I have my doubts.

I think he is a very good safety, an explosive hitter and a pretty good centerfielder who has bucked the trend and actually produced for this coaching staff, and now that we lost all those NFL guys he is one of the best players we have left on the roster and therefore is being overhyped.

Maybe I am under-valuing him. Would be the first time in recent memory I thought a player on our team was WORSE than the board consensus, I will tell you that.

Or I maybe over-valuing him...but I think he's got pretty good measureables.

Advertisement
******' crown my ***

Here is some news that is intriguing in my opinion�I spoke to a local high school coach who recently had a conversation with Mark D�Onofrio. This coach told me that D�Onofrio plans on utilizing Deon Bush as a corner at times this season in an effort to get the most talented defensive backs on the field. Coming out of high school, I was a huge fan of Bush as a corner and thought that was potentially his money position for the NFL due to his unique size/speed/physicality combination at the position. Bush has obviously shown flashes of his ability at safety in his first three seasons, but this could be something that I believe could benefit the defense�especially if D�Onofrio employs a more aggressive approach this season (I�ll believe it when I see it).

****in' crown my ***

Here is some news that is intriguing in my opinion�I spoke to a local high school coach who recently had a conversation with Mark D�Onofrio. This coach told me that D�Onofrio plans on utilizing Deon Bush as a corner at times this season in an effort to get the most talented defensive backs on the field. Coming out of high school, I was a huge fan of Bush as a corner and thought that was potentially his money position for the NFL due to his unique size/speed/physicality combination at the position. Bush has obviously shown flashes of his ability at safety in his first three seasons, but this could be something that I believe could benefit the defense�especially if D�Onofrio employs a more aggressive approach this season (I�ll believe it when I see it).

Wow you're as smart as Dorito!

Congratz! (I think)

bow down to the GOAT

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 11m11 minutes ago

Golden expects safety Deon Bush to play some corner. "We'll treat him like [Ladarius] Gunter" last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back