Deon Bush Draft Stock Rising

Advertisement
Oh it definitely did. I'm surprised more players didn't try to fight Golden or D'onofrio. Dallas Crawford was a great kid don't get me wrong, but if I saw him miss one more open field tackle during a game, I was going to break everything in my house. I just don't understand how people in the program could watch that and be okay with not playing your best players.

I hate bringing up Golden, but it's embarrassing how much he hurt so many players Draft stock the 5 years he was here.

D$ even brought up the fact that he was constantly rotating in practice w/ less talented guys and I have no doubt that it affected his play. Bush is a player.

Besides playng in a **** defensive scheme and under the worst coaching staff in history, the musical chairs type rotation is the biggest thing that held Deon Bush back in terms of overall production / hard for a safety to ge a feel for the game if ur getting as many reps as Fentress and Crawford smh

Deon was a beast here but still has tons of potential, that's a 1st round talent to me... **** Dorsett was drafted in the 1st bc of his **** 40 time, so its not like the draft is based on an exact science.

Last edited:
I stated he was more injury prone than Cash (which you both confirmed). Ignore the noise guys.

I had Bush 4th-5th. Only becuase of his durability and his play during certain games. He was very inconsistent but great player

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Can you post a picture of your big board, or are you keeping it quiet?
My big picture has nothing to do with Canes board but i will post my draftable Canes player:

Artie 1st-2nd
Deon Bush 4th-5th
Rashawn Scott 5th-7th
Tracy Howard 6th-UDFA
Herb Waters 6th-UDFA
Kumala 5th-7th
Hertalou 7th-UDFA

Alot of these guys got devalued becuase our season. I hope guys get drafted higher then i expect. Btw i love Deon Bush that doesnt change where he is going to get drafted for me though. Got to be real about it.

Advertisement
I had Bush 4th-5th. Only becuase of his durability and his play during certain games. He was very inconsistent but great player

Lets be real. How many players besides maybe duke and perryman has been consistent under the last staff?

They were all consistent......consistent at what is whole different thread

A more injury prone Jeremy Cash. If he can stay healthy he will be one of the best at his position in the league.

I don't think Bush and Cash are the same type of player. Bush is rangier, better in coverage, a more traditional safety. Cash is better in the box, around the line of scrimmage. I'd say Jermaine Grace is closer to Cash than Bush is.

This always happens with canes players, scouts label them by what they see on tape and say he's average but then they go and run 4.64, jump 35 inches and bench 17 reps of 225 and does a good job on the field and it makes them go back and look at the tape. It happened to Anthony Chickillo and Ereck Flowers but even though they know how bad the other staph was they still put these players in the same boat. I saw a lot of Reshad Jones in Deon Bush, he reminds me a lot of him coming out and their strengths and weaknesses are very similar. Maybe they're seeing the same things now too.

My big picture has nothing to do with Canes board but i will post my draftable Canes player:

Artie 1st-2nd
Deon Bush 4th-5th
Rashawn Scott 5th-7th
Tracy Howard 6th-UDFA
Herb Waters 6th-UDFA
Kumala 5th-7th
Hertalou 7th-UDFA

Alot of these guys got devalued becuase our season. I hope guys get drafted higher then i expect. Btw i love Deon Bush that doesnt change where he is going to get drafted for me though. Got to be real about it.

I'm trying to see how you think Burns is 4 rounds better than Bush? Bc you say it like round 4 or 5 is how good Deon Bush has played to you?? When Deon Bush has had a better CFB career than Artie Burns.

Advertisement

Artie 1st-2nd
Deon Bush 4th-5th
Rashawn Scott 5th-7th
Tracy Howard 6th-UDFA
Herb Waters 6th-UDFA
Kumala 5th-7th
Hertalou 7th-UDFA

I'm trying to see how you think Burns is 4 rounds better than Bush? Bc you say it like round 4 or 5 is how good Deon Bush has played to you?? When Deon Bush has had a better CFB career than Artie Burns.
im not going off who had a better career. Im going off where the person may go in the draft according to whats been going on. I can see Bush in the 3rd round the highest other then that he is 4th to 5th. He had great play and he had sh1tty play coaches or not. It is what it is. Is he talented yes, should he had been a 1st rounder i think so but its just not the way its going to happen.

Bush is rangier, better in coverage, a more traditional safety. Cash is better in the box, around the line of scrimmage. I'd say Jermaine Grace is closer to Cash than Bush is.

Well now I feel stupid.

Lets be real. How many players besides maybe duke and perryman has been consistent under the last staff?
I mean yes, every person we had underperformed except the few and those few are the ones that went in the draft high. It is what it is. If you cant make tackles one game and another you make ton of tackles thats inconsistency thats not on coaching.

how is inconsistency not on coaching when Deon Bush is obviously one of the most physically gifted safties that played during his time at UM?

As a freshman there were times when Bush was the best player on the field for our defense. Typical regression under our coaching staff as his ferocity was reigned in as well.

I will be interested to see if he gets a look at Corner.

Advertisement

Artie 1st-2nd
Deon Bush 4th-5th
Rashawn Scott 5th-7th
Tracy Howard 6th-UDFA
Herb Waters 6th-UDFA
Kumala 5th-7th
Hertalou 7th-UDFA

Tracy Howard won't get drafted. Unless the NFL scouts ignore the last 4 years and focus on his high school star ranking. Basically what everyone on this board does.

Advertisement

Artie 1st-2nd
Deon Bush 4th-5th
Rashawn Scott 5th-7th
Tracy Howard 6th-UDFA
Herb Waters 6th-UDFA
Kumala 5th-7th
Hertalou 7th-UDFA

Tracy Howard won't get drafted. Unless the NFL scouts ignore the last 4 years and focus on his high school star ranking. Basically what everyone on this board does.
I agree, he has a slim window becuase i think he will impress in private workouts but his film besides Sophomore yr is awful. Too many big plays given and missed tkls.

I mean yes, every person we had underperformed except the few and those few are the ones that went in the draft high. It is what it is. If you cant make tackles one game and another you make ton of tackles thats inconsistency thats not on coaching.

how is inconsistency not on coaching when Deon Bush is obviously one of the most physically gifted safties that played during his time at UM?

As a freshman there were times when Bush was the best player on the field for our defense. Typical regression under our coaching staff as his ferocity was reigned in as well.

I will be interested to see if he gets a look at Corner.
Yeah Bush is not a thinker and react , he is an agressive player. He is probably better served at CB. His weight is a concerned to me too. He is skinny for safety.

Ppl have this weird ideology about the draft / draft stock.... A player has to be picked in a certain round or its a bad pick??? But if he's a beast at his position though than what's the problem?

I'd take Deon Bush in the 1st, if I need a versatile safety with star potential, and let someone else go draft Jayron Kearse and see how that pans out.

thats why you are not a GM

This always happens with canes players, scouts label them by what they see on tape and say he's average but then they go and run 4.64, jump 35 inches and bench 17 reps of 225 and does a good job on the field and it makes them go back and look at the tape. It happened to Anthony Chickillo and Ereck Flowers but even though they know how bad the other staph was they still put these players in the same boat. I saw a lot of Reshad Jones in Deon Bush, he reminds me a lot of him coming out and their strengths and weaknesses are very similar. Maybe they're seeing the same things now too.

how are you comparing Flowers and Chickillo. One is a fringe roster player, the other is a first rounder.

Advertisement
Back