Deon Bush Draft Stock Rising

252cane

All-ACC
There is a lot of talk about bush being a 3rd round pick now. He has impressed teams and they like his atheletic ability and range.

Would be a big jump for him because he was being projected in about the 5th round. I think he can be a good safety in the league if he stay healthy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Deon Bush is a great player! Can't wait until he goes to the NFL and shows how good of a player he really is! The scheme and injuries screwed him. One of my favorite players.

I had Bush 4th-5th. Only becuase of his durability and his play during certain games. He was very inconsistent but great player

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I had Bush 4th-5th. Only becuase of his durability and his play during certain games. He was very inconsistent but great player

Lets be real. How many players besides maybe duke and perryman has been consistent under the last staff?

He is a 2nd round talent. I think he can sneak in the late 3rd or early 4th. Wouldnt surprise me to see him make an impact if he goes to the right team.

Advertisement
I hate bringing up Golden, but it's embarrassing how much he hurt so many players Draft stock the 5 years he was here.

Lets be real. How many players besides maybe duke and perryman has been consistent under the last staff?
I mean yes, every person we had underperformed except the few and those few are the ones that went in the draft high. It is what it is. If you cant make tackles one game and another you make ton of tackles thats inconsistency thats not on coaching.

Bush and Stacy Coley should both be 1st or 2nd round picks. They can't stay on the field.

He wasn't very inconsistent and his durability hasn't been an issue since his sophomore year. He had one bad game against FSU last year.

Advertisement
Like I said on this board before Deon Bush's main issue was being subbed in and out of games as much as the 3rd string unit bc Golden was an idiot. By the time the draft comes a smart team is probably going to take him in the early to mid 2nd round.

Lol UM fans try to knock him talking about he's a 5th round pick, compared to who though? Wo are the other "great" safteies you all believe are better that wasnt inconsistent at all?

The funny thing is I'm sure teams already had Deon as one of the best but they just let Mel Kiper make up **** in the mean time.

I hate bringing up Golden, but it's embarrassing how much he hurt so many players Draft stock the 5 years he was here.

D$ even brought up the fact that he was constantly rotating in practice w/ less talented guys and I have no doubt that it affected his play. Bush is a player.

The problem is safety has become a devalued position in the NFL, similar to running back. The absolute best of the best get picked in the first round but if you're not a sure thing, you can easily fall into the fourth or fifth round despite being a much better player than guys drafted ahead of you. Corners are usually valued a lot higher. Which is why I scratch my head my head when people talk about drafting Jalen Ramsey top five and moving him to safety.

I don't see him making it past the fourth round. Could be a surprise 2nd - 3rd round pick. He wasn't perfect, but got very little developmental help from his coaches. He loves to hit, and that can't be taught.

Advertisement

I mean yes, every person we had underperformed except the few and those few are the ones that went in the draft high. It is what it is. If you cant make tackles one game and another you make ton of tackles thats inconsistency thats not on coaching.

how is inconsistency not on coaching when Deon Bush is obviously one of the most physically gifted safties that played during his time at UM?

Ppl have this weird ideology about the draft / draft stock.... A player has to be picked in a certain round or its a bad pick??? But if he's a beast at his position though than what's the problem?

I'd take Deon Bush in the 1st, if I need a versatile safety with star potential, and let someone else go draft Jayron Kearse and see how that pans out.

A more injury prone Jeremy Cash. If he can stay healthy he will be one of the best at his position in the league.

Advertisement
Oh it definitely did. I'm surprised more players didn't try to fight Golden or D'onofrio. Dallas Crawford was a great kid don't get me wrong, but if I saw him miss one more open field tackle during a game, I was going to break everything in my house. I just don't understand how people in the program could watch that and be okay with not playing your best players.

D$ even brought up the fact that he was constantly rotating in practice w/ less talented guys and I have no doubt that it affected his play. Bush is a player.

A more injury prone Jeremy Cash. If he can stay healthy he will be one of the best at his position in the league.

Explain how Deon Bush is injury prone?

Exactly. He got hurt as a true frosh because he was skinny as **** flying around smackin dudes like he was 215. His soph year he had the sports hernia surgery i believe and never got going but missed only about 4 games to start the season.

He missed only one game i think his jr year and i think he played every game last year.

Advertisement
Back