Deon Bush Draft Stock Rising

This always happens with canes players, scouts label them by what they see on tape and say he's average but then they go and run 4.64, jump 35 inches and bench 17 reps of 225 and does a good job on the field and it makes them go back and look at the tape. It happened to Anthony Chickillo and Ereck Flowers but even though they know how bad the other staph was they still put these players in the same boat. I saw a lot of Reshad Jones in Deon Bush, he reminds me a lot of him coming out and their strengths and weaknesses are very similar. Maybe they're seeing the same things now too.

how are you comparing Flowers and Chickillo. One is a fringe roster player, the other is a first rounder.
because one was about to go Undrafted and the other was going to be a mid round pick and they both elevated their draft status...was that so hard to comprehend when the the whole comment was about our players raising their draft status once they got to the combine and force scouts to reevaluate them?

Last edited:
Advertisement
This always happens with canes players, scouts label them by what they see on tape and say he's average but then they go and run 4.64, jump 35 inches and bench 17 reps of 225 and does a good job on the field and it makes them go back and look at the tape. It happened to Anthony Chickillo and Ereck Flowers but even though they know how bad the other staph was they still put these players in the same boat. I saw a lot of Reshad Jones in Deon Bush, he reminds me a lot of him coming out and their strengths and weaknesses are very similar. Maybe they're seeing the same things now too.

how are you comparing Flowers and Chickillo. One is a fringe roster player, the other is a first rounder.
because one was about to go Undrafted and the other was going to be a mid round pick and they both elevated their draft status...was that so hard to comprehend when the the whole comment was about our players raising their draft status once they got to the combine??

comprehension is fine. You are comparing two guys who's NFL futures are completely different, no matter who their college coach was. Flowers was always a high valued target coming out. Chickillo was a good college football player that was great at nothing. He was a grinder and a brawler, one who I have much respect for and appreciate. Lets be real though, no matter where he played or who he played for he would be in the same position where he is in the NFL. Fringe player, probably wont be in the league much longer. Flowers is an anchor on an NFL offensive line for years to come.

because one was about to go Undrafted and the other was going to be a mid round pick and they both elevated their draft status...was that so hard to comprehend when the the whole comment was about our players raising their draft status once they got to the combine??

comprehension is fine. You are comparing two guys who's NFL futures are completely different, no matter who their college coach was. Flowers was always a high valued target coming out. Chickillo was a good college football player that was great at nothing. He was a grinder and a brawler, one who I have much respect for and appreciate. Lets be real though, no matter where he played or who he played for he would be in the same position where he is in the NFL. Fringe player, probably wont be in the league much longer. Flowers is an anchor on an NFL offensive line for years to come.
.. Dude I wasn't talking about the players, I was talking how the staphs schemes hindered scouts from seeing prospects in a different light until they saw something they didn't do on film...they were the ones that made massive jumps on boards...it didn't matter about what their NFL future is

.. Dude I wasn't talking about the players, I was talking how the staphs schemes hindered scouts from seeing prospects in a different light until they saw something they didn't do on film...they were the ones that made massive jumps on boards...it didn't matter about their NFL future is.

So you are saying you are 100% wrong about Chickillo? His draft stock was never going to be more than what it was.........so what are we debating? Golden's scheme did not hurt his draft status IMO for the reasons I stated above.

.. Dude I wasn't talking about the players, I was talking how the staphs schemes hindered scouts from seeing prospects in a different light until they saw something they didn't do on film...they were the ones that made massive jumps on boards...it didn't matter about their NFL future is.

So you are saying you are 100% wrong about Chickillo? His draft stock was never going to be more than what it was.........so what are we debating? Golden's scheme did not hurt his draft status IMO for the reasons I stated above.
you're right, he just dropped 40 pounds and became a OLB for the steelers in the same defense alignment that he played in college because he was correctly as a 3-4 end by the staph

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm looking forward to watching Bush play with real coaches. He'll most definitely get better.

This is great news.

The NFL Les not care about team win losses. They break it down to how your game will translate to the NFL. They draft on potential. Burns was not that good at Miami. Consistently missed tackles and consistently got beat on double moves. He will be drafted high because he is a freak athlete. Not because of what he did at Miami.

I can only remember 1 play Bush made his entire career. The Int vs FSU.

Deon Bush had the potential to be a first round pick but he had the misfortune of playing under the biggest group of imbeciles in the modern era. He should have developed so much more than he did in college. He will get that coaching in the NFL and I would not be the least bit surprised if he turns into a Pro Bowl caliber safety. As it stands now he is a second round talent that may not be selected until the 4th round thanks to Dildonofrio.

The NFL Les not care about team win losses. They break it down to how your game will translate to the NFL. They draft on potential. Burns was not that good at Miami. Consistently missed tackles and consistently got beat on double moves. He will be drafted high because he is a freak athlete. Not because of what he did at Miami.

I can only remember 1 play Bush made his entire career. The Int vs FSU.

Lol u can only remember one play Bush made?? Where u really watching the games?

Advertisement
Ppl have this weird ideology about the draft / draft stock.... A player has to be picked in a certain round or its a bad pick??? But if he's a beast at his position though than what's the problem?

I'd take Deon Bush in the 1st, if I need a versatile safety with star potential, and let someone else go draft Jayron Kearse and see how that pans out.

I am so thankful YOU are not in the Steelers FO..
If I own the team and you draft Bush with our first pick.. You'd be FIRED!

Advertisement
Ppl have this weird ideology about the draft / draft stock.... A player has to be picked in a certain round or its a bad pick??? But if he's a beast at his position though than what's the problem?

I'd take Deon Bush in the 1st, if I need a versatile safety with star potential, and let someone else go draft Jayron Kearse and see how that pans out.

Don't worry my dude, they'll probably end up taking Vonn Bell, William Jackson, or Artie

Don't worry my dude, they'll probably end up taking Vonn Bell, William Jackson, or Artie

I don't want none of them with our 1st pick...

Steelers have NOT drafted a CB in the 1st rd since 1997 Chad Scott.. Mega bust..
We need DL help much more ..Id take DT-Sheldon Rankins or Andrew Billings Over Burns,Bell,Apple and Jackson
We can get a solid CB in the 2nd or 3rd

Steelers have NOT drafted a CB in the 1st rd since 1997 Chad Scott.. Mega bust..
We need DL help much more ..Id take DT-Sheldon Rankins or Andrew Billings Over Burns,Bell,Apple and Jackson
I don't think Rankins would be there but Billings will but if you tracked their visits you'll see not a lot of D-linemen have visited them but A LOT of DBs have so it appears that's where they're leaning but it's the draft anything can happen

Advertisement

I don't think Rankins would be there but Billings will but if you tracked their visits you'll see not a lot of D-linemen have visited them but A LOT of DBs have so it appears that's where they're leaning but it's the draft anything can happen

Yea I have been tracking visits,If Billings is there at 25..I hope we take him over any DB.. S K.Joseph of WVU could be the pick too

Yea I have been tracking visits,If Billings is there at 25..I hope we take him over any DB.. S K.Joseph of WVU could be the pick too
if they feel comfortable with his knee then yea. Everybody says if he would've played this year he would be the best safety in this draft class by a long shot.

If u owned the team you would have no clue what talent looks like, and you still don't if u think Bush isn't a 1st round talent.

Advertisement
Back