Deon Bush Career Highlight tape "The Hitman"

Advertisement
I always liked Deon Bush. One of the few difference makers on defense in the last few years. Athletic and versatile, he plays both the run and the pass. If I HAD to pick a negative, it's that he occasionally tries too hard for the knockout hit instead of making the correct play. We saw that against FSU when his assignment on the option was Dalvin Cook and he left him to clock Everett Golston. He decked Golston but Cook took the pitch to the house.

I think Deon Bush, like 95% of Miami Hurricanes under Golden/Shannon, will be better in the NFL than college.

Picked off Crab Legs in back-to-back games.

I will always be thankful for a handful of players that gave me good memories during the golden era, albeit few and far between. Bush is definitely in there, and will not be lost among the dumpster years when I look back at our 15 year slump. Hope he stays healthy and kills it in the league.

I could see a team like the Seahawks take him and turn him into a stud. Or Denver, wouldnt be suprised to see the Jaguars draft him. Seems they have a couple Canes

Advertisement
I think Deon Bush, like 95% of Miami Hurricanes under Golden/Shannon, will be better in the NFL than college.

Picked off Crab Legs in back-to-back games.

Lol itd be sweet if the Panthers drafted him and he could continue picking off Crab Legs

My only concern about Bush is that he picked up a lot of stingers in college. I'm not sure if he's durable enough for the next level.

Still I'd take him on my Panthers in a heartbeat.

Stingers are the result of technique and equipment. There are two main causes of this type of injury. The first being that the athlete's head is pulled away from his shoulder and causes a stretching of the nerves. The second being that the athlete's head is forced toward the shoulder and causes a pinching of the nerves.

Proper fitting equipment and knowing the proper tackling techniques can go a long way into preventing this type of injury from occurring.

Last edited:
[MENTION=14310]Moro[/MENTION] Bro, this is a cane thread about a cane player on a cane website. Why would you think he seriously wanted an answer to that question?
The fact that you answered the question and had the nerve to post a west Virginia player on a thread praising a cane is just disrespectful. And arguing I defense of your stupidity is a fireable offense.

Dismiss yourself. Leave your cane card at the door.

Lil bish

Advertisement
If that shoulder holds up he's going to be the next Canes NFL superstar. Very talented guy who will stick his nose in there. Our defense sucked, but it always sucked a lot less when Bush was on the field.

Deon fought through lots of adversity and is a quality young man. It's in his best interest to become more equipped to accept coaching at the next level and I'm confident he will do so.

I gotta admit, that dude Joseph had more highlights as a freshman! Say what you will but you cannot deny how good that dude is and will be. He actually may not last in the NFL, he's gonna get the Merriweather treatment! Dudes gonna lose all his money on fines!

Bush is one heck of a player in his right as well. The scheme was hot garbage and someone will definitely get a good player with him. Its not a knock on Bush, just because some other dude is also a really good player. Its not like we should be mad at the dude who went to WV, its not like he spurned us for them. We never went after him. Best of luck to them both.

Advertisement
[MENTION=10677]Canezum5[/MENTION] First off, I've earned my stripes monetarily and not getting a return on my investment over the past 10 years. So I consider myself a shareholder and I have stake in this "company" so you can't fire me. Secondly, if I put any Canes player up and dared anybody to find another better in that draft class you can bet my guy would be the best hands down. ie "Frank Gore" when someone asked who was the best RB.

So bottom line don't ask a question if you don't want the real answer. Besides, I cut him some slack. At least I didn't put up a player from another state. Now, that would be grounds for dismissal.

Last edited:
This is the man right here: Karl "Zoe" Joseph West Virginia (Orlando, Fl Edgewater HS) Oh yeah, he got dat Sean Taylor in him! We passed on him. You can't deny he hits harder than anybody out there. He's a Florida Boi so I gotta show him some love! We passed on him. Don't hate him hate Coach Dono and Golden! They let another one get away. SMH! Check the hit at 5.08

[video=youtube;DG0p_V13KrA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG0p_V13KrA[/video]

Yeah Zoe is a beast too.... I remember he caught my attention watching one West Virginia's games. Definitely can't take anything from dude is a freak when it comes to his hitting ability.

Want the Falcons to get both, but I can't say he's better than Deon maybe a tie.

[MENTION=10677]Canezum5[/MENTION] First off, I've earned my stripes monetarily and not getting a return on my investment over the past 10 years. So I consider myself a shareholder and I have stake in this "company" so you can't fire me. Secondly, if I put any Canes player up and dared anybody to find another better in that draft class you can bet my guy would be the best hands down. ie "Frank Gore" win someone asked who was the best RB.

So bottom line don't ask a question if you don't want the real answer. Besides, I cut him some slack. At least I didn't put up a player from another state. Now, that would be grounds for dismissal.

Touche' :chuncky:

Advertisement
[MENTION=13136]Dirty Sprite[/MENTION] - tie my ***... lol I get it though you have to stay loyal... Me, I tell the truth even when I'm wrong.

Even in a defense that was pretty much designed to not have players make plays, Bush always seemed to flash.

Wherever he goes in the draft, it's gonna be a steal for that team. Like another poster said, as long as that shoulder holds up.

Deon Bush is going to be sick for a 5th round pick. He will immediately contribute well on special teams and hopefully be able to work into a starting lineup after a year or so.

Deon Bush is going to be sick for a 5th round pick. He will immediately contribute well on special teams and hopefully be able to work into a starting lineup after a year or so.

I really think he'll be starting as a rookie. Maybe not right away, but he'll earn a starting job.

Advertisement
Back