Deon Bush Career Highlight tape "The Hitman"

Advertisement
This is the man right here: Karl "Zoe" Joseph West Virginia (Orlando, Fl Edgewater HS) Oh yeah, he got dat Sean Taylor in him! We passed on him. You can't deny he hits harder than anybody out there. He's a Florida Boi so I gotta show him some love! We passed on him. Don't hate him hate Coach Dono and Golden! They let another one get away. SMH! Check the hit at 5.08

[video=youtube;DG0p_V13KrA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG0p_V13KrA[/video]

can this guy get banned already? he obviously aint a cane, dude spelled 26s name wrong come now

man i wish deon had one more year with this defense he would kill it, i see him going to a really good team in the mid round and straight kill people in the pros

Advertisement
Deon Bush is going to be sick for a 5th round pick. He will immediately contribute well on special teams and hopefully be able to work into a starting lineup after a year or so.

How would Deon fall to the 5th round??

Very Easily. The best safety in this draft is Karl Joseph, and he's likely not going until at least late 20's at the earliest. Plus Keanu Neal, Vonn Bell, Tj Green, Darian Thompson, Jalen Mills, and Kj Dillon will all go ahead of Deon. And I don't like Jeremy Cash or Jayron Kearse, but they're also very likely going before Deon too. So by my count that would make Deon the 10th safety off the board, and thats counting guys like Killebrew and Cravens as LBs and not Safeties.

So in my opinion the absolute earliest Bush gets drafted is the 4th round. At least Artie might be able to sneak into the 1st round. He's too much of a physical specimen to fall too much.

Deon Bush is going to be sick for a 5th round pick. He will immediately contribute well on special teams and hopefully be able to work into a starting lineup after a year or so.

Very Easily. The best safety in this draft is Karl Joseph, and he's likely not going until at least late 20's at the earliest. Plus Keanu Neal, Vonn Bell, Tj Green, Darian Thompson, Jalen Mills, and Kj Dillon will all go ahead of Deon. And I don't like Jeremy Cash or Jayron Kearse, but they're also very likely going before Deon too. So by my count that would make Deon the 10th safety off the board, and thats counting guys like Killebrew and Cravens as LBs and not Safeties.

So in my opinion the absolute earliest Bush gets drafted is the 4th round. At least Artie might be able to sneak into the 1st round. He's too much of a physical specimen to fall too much.

Nah that's the Mel Kiper list, every team has different opinions on who they think is better... The only name on that list that might be better than Deon is Karl Joseph the rest not close. But we will see I think he goes no later than the 3rd at worst.

Idk what you mean about the "Mel Kiper" list, because he most certainly has not come out with a list of tope 10 safeties in this draft. At most he might have said a top5, but i doubt he has even done that.

And karl joseph is better. Not might be better, just plain better. Highest Deon Bush will go is 4th round.

[MENTION=13136]Dirty Sprite[/MENTION] - tie my ***... lol I get it though you have to stay loyal... Me, I tell the truth even when I'm wrong.

I just dont see how Karl Joseph is better than Bush, they both hit just as hard but Deon has had to play in space while Joseph was usually near the box

Idk what you mean about the "Mel Kiper" list, because he most certainly has not come out with a list of tope 10 safeties in this draft. At most he might have said a top5, but i doubt he has even done that.

And karl joseph is better. Not might be better, just plain better. Highest Deon Bush will go is 4th round.

What I mean by mel kiper list its a made up position ranking usually stems from media hype and nothing else.

And I don't see how Karl is just better than Deon, Deon is just as violent of a hitter but is more versatile of a db. While Karl just seems like more of a in the box safety....

If Karl is the best safety and could go in the 1st, Deon definitely should be a 1st as well. I mean if I was a team that needed a safety late in the 1st I would draft Deon and not think twice about it.

Advertisement
Bush’s diagnostic skills are very much a work in progress. You say Deon plays better in space well that's simply not true. Highlight films are good but when you look at the full game film you can see the flaws. The FSU game will be a film that most scouts are going to look at because of the talent of the opponents on the field. Now take a look at this game and tell me you still feel the same way:

[video=youtube;q-PhsPWfS4s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-PhsPWfS4s[/video]

Last edited:
Bush’s diagnostic skills are very much a work in progress. You say Deon plays better in space well that's simply not true. Highlight films are good but when you look at the full game film you can see the flaws. The FSU game will be a film that most scouts are going to look at because of the talent of the opponents on the field. Now take a look at this game and tell me you still feel the same way:

[video=youtube;q-PhsPWfS4s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-PhsPWfS4s[/video]

That game was Bush's worse game of his career / everyone has had a game like that. But that's not consistent with how he's played though out his career. He's definitely not Ed Reed when it comes to playing the field but I think coaching and scheme is mostly the issue with him / he's done enough to show he can be counted on in that department just needs some fine tuning.

And I'm not saying Karl Joseph can't do that either just saying the two played in two different schemes and had two different respobsibiites.

Had huge hopes for this kid, but he never took that next step from being a good player to being a consistent difference maker. Inability to stay healthy and lack of quality coaching probably had a lot to do with this.

Bush is a beast and very underrated. Kid could've played anywhere in the country but chose to stay home despite poor coaching, his number won't overwhelm you but he's one of the more talented safeties in the draft and his game will translate in the NFL. Another future pro bowler from the U

Advertisement
Had huge hopes for this kid, but he never took that next step from being a good player to being a consistent difference maker. Inability to stay healthy and lack of quality coaching probably had a lot to do with this.

His health issues are over blown imo he should've been redshirted his sophomore year (Al Golden is the only coach that wouldnt have redshirted him) but he was healthy to me his entire junior and senior seasons.

The biggest reason to me he didn't take the next step is bc he didn't get a chance too. The coaches subbed him and the other starters out the game just as much as the 3rd string unit smh his production would've increased if it wasn't for that which boils down to coaching.

I think he's a late second rounder, hopefully my Cowboys can get him in the early third if he's still available.

Advertisement

So, If I'm right, Deon was exactly the 10th Safety off the board. And I think he actually went a little earlier than I thought he would. He'll still be better on the Bears than he was here.

I love me some bush but ill never forget how he went after Golson and left Cook wide open on that option play

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
[MENTION=13136]Dirty Sprite[/MENTION] - tie my ***... lol I get it though you have to stay loyal... Me, I tell the truth even when I'm wrong.

I just dont see how Karl Joseph is better than Bush, they both hit just as hard but Deon has had to play in space while Joseph was usually near the box

What I mean by mel kiper list its a made up position ranking usually stems from media hype and nothing else.

And I don't see how Karl is just better than Deon, Deon is just as violent of a hitter but is more versatile of a db. While Karl just seems like more of a in the box safety....

If Karl is the best safety and could go in the 1st, Deon definitely should be a 1st as well. I mean if I was a team that needed a safety late in the 1st I would draft Deon and not think twice about it.

When you ask for the best and I answer, you can take it to the bank! It wasn't even close #1 Safety overall... Karl "Zoe" Joseph

[video=youtube;A1P-kg0gXIs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1P-kg0gXIs[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back