Dematha vs Miami Central......BTW vs St Thomas

Central beat Don Bosco worse when they went up there.

It's been near even.

SFL is .400 all-time against the state of New Jersey and Ohio.

1939 Miami 13, Garfield 16
2000 Gulliver Prep wins vs St Peters Prep
2012 STA 10, Bosco 20
2013 Miami Central 50, Bosco 21
2014 STA 7, Bosco 24

They played back in 1939? Sheesh.

That Miami High team won multiple national championships, with most of their games being OOS.

Dade county has to lead every county in the nation in teams with national championships. Miami high, Coral Gables, NW, Booker T.

http://jimmychitwood.com/uploads/All-time_National_Champions_H.S..xls

I'm just so surprised that they're were playing out of state all the way to Ohio way back to then. With less games and less transportation, I'd have thought Georgia and Alabama teams were as far North as Florida games would go.

Those local hs games would fill up the orange bowl. Miami High games would sell out the orange bowl in the 40's. Dade has as much, if not more hs football prestige than any area in the country.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Getting dudes from Broward is going way further than Dematha going to Alexandria, Virginia for a kid. dematha is only 15 miles from Virgina. Last I checked Broward County is 30 miles from Miami so you really sound foolish, lmao

Miami central doesn't get broward county kids. Broward and dade county are bordering counties..it isn't 30 miles away.
Central got their **** pushed in which I expected...but they aren't some recruiting juggernaut...like the other guy is arguing most of their kids are from the liberty city/north miami area...they may have at most 5-6 transfer or out of district kids total.

This is why it's so astonishing how good central, mnw, btw are because in that area alone kids are splitting to five diff high schools.

Dematha is a recruiting power...their on st Thomas level people down here just don't know about them...but I do because I go to the dmv a lot. Dematha is akin to a st Thomas ...where they hoard the area or poach the best of the best. I don't take these games serious either way but you gotta be realistic. Dematha will smash heritage as well. They are a match up problem for a.fla teams because they actually have strength in the lines with Solid enough skill players...

Only team that could play with them down here is sta...and sta oline isn't top quality as it usually..sta usually has 3 div1 level ol...this year I didn't see that.

Getting dudes from Broward is going way further than Dematha going to Alexandria, Virginia for a kid. dematha is only 15 miles from Virgina. Last I checked Broward County is 30 miles from Miami so you really sound foolish, lmao

Miami central doesn't get broward county kids. Broward and dade county are bordering counties..it isn't 30 miles away.
Central got their **** pushed in which I expected...but they aren't some recruiting juggernaut...like the other guy is arguing most of their kids are from the liberty city/north miami area...they may have at most 5-6 transfer or out of district kids total.

This is why it's so astonishing how good central, mnw, btw are because in that area alone kids are splitting to five diff high schools.

Dematha is a recruiting power...their on st Thomas level people down here just don't know about them...but I do because I go to the dmv a lot. Dematha is akin to a st Thomas ...where they hoard the area or poach the best of the best. I don't take these games serious either way but you gotta be realistic. Dematha will smash heritage as well. They are a match up problem for a.fla teams because they actually have strength in the lines with Solid enough skill players...

Only team that could play with them down here is sta...and sta oline isn't top quality as it usually..sta usually has 3 div1 level ol...this year I didn't see that.

I totally agree with everything you said. I respect public schools so much more than private schools

I'm
Cornball I'm from Baltimore.. YOu south florida skirts don't put no fear in my heart.. PUnk.. Ran your mouth now you mad.. Juan you soft.. come to baltimore and act like we won't send you home in a bodybag.

I'll come to florida and kick over your buildings like Snoops did to NY.

dont trip homie thats how dade county ppl are they think they super goons

Oh look another fake tough guy. Come down here and talk that **** and you can get it too.

im from south florida

Must be from Broward then because if you knew Dade dudes you would know it's no thinking we're goons at all. Liberty City, Overtown, Carol City dudes would make any hood in the USA wet theirselves.

yeah im from LAUDERDALE and that same attitude that got central blewout is the same attitude that get you dade ****** head bust...

Advertisement
Before game: We gonna show you how south Florida does it.
After *** kicking: It's not fair that we have to play these schools that recruit and that we have to travel to them. Lulz

It is fair.. I mean they scheduled the game. Dematha is one **** of a team. And the reason teams don't come to dade to play is because dade schools don't even have a stadium on their school campus.

I think you missed my point.

Great day for DC area football. Stomped a Mudhole in Miami's best. What's even scarry is y'all didn't even get to see how good the Db's are. One corner is headed to Arizona St and the other is headed to Maryland. Shut down that big wideout from Central all game, but then again their qb had no time to pass. Dematha's D Line would hold the Maryland Terps under 100 yards. Never understood why Terps cant keep DC talent here....But then again we play in a stadium that Texas High Schools would consider too **** small

STA would still crush them, Central will have a down year. Demantha is right up there every year though. I agree with the other poster, Heritage will get stomped too.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can tell a poorly coached or undisciplined team by their special teams. Central's was awful.

Dade doesn't really have private schools to pay for top coaches like that.

That's got little to do with the issue.

These dudes just simply can't coach. South Florida high school ball is infested with "hood cats" who call themselves coaches. Some of the best coaches in South Florida are at public schools, so it has nothing to do with a public money vs. private money thing.

Advertisement
South Florida is the most talented football region in the country. I don't even see how anybody can debate that.

You out-of-towners hate that fact so you thump your chest any time a team from another state beats a South Florida school, as if that suddenly means that yall have equal talent. Yall fail to acknowledge the huge factor that is known as COACHING.

99.9% of the time an out-of-state school is going to have better resources, better facilities, better S&C and better coaching. Those things make a world of a difference. The coaching in South Florida is (most likely) the worst in the country. It's junkyard, hood ****.

Also, I can't speak for other areas in the country, but in South Florida there's so much talent that **** near EVERYBODY has at least some D-1 kids. In other states, certain high schools can basically have a monopoly on the local talent and take anybody/everybody that's worth a ****. Certain schools in South Florida try to do that but there's so much **** talent down here that they can't get everybody. That's why you see D-1 talent at schools/programs that suck. (i.e. Plantation, Boyd Anderson, Ely, Dillard, McArthur, etc) In Broward alone STA, Coconut Creek, Hallandale, American Heritage, Miramar, Flanagan and Deerfield are all loaded with D-1 kids. I'd be willing to bet that those 7 teams have as much D-1 talent as most whole cities do, and some states.

Look at this 8A district in Broward...
*Flanagan (loaded)
*Plantation (always has several D-1 kids)
*Miramar (always loaded)
*Everglades (always has a couple D-1 kids)
*Western (a few D-1 kids)
*Cypress Bay (always has several D-1 kids)
*South Plantation (always has a few D-1 kids)

Then there's the district with American Heritage, Hallandale, Cardinal Gibbons and Coconut Creek. There's D-1 kids all over that district.

And this is just Broward.

The odds of an out-of-state team with only a couple D-1 kids beating a loaded South Florida team = slim.
Add a couple more D-1 kids to that (better coached) out-of-state team and you've got yourself a football game.

A well-coached team with 4 D-1 kids will beat a loaded South Florida team 7 out of 10 times probably. When the South Florida team wins it's usually because their level of talent is simply too overwhelming. When the talent between the SOFLA team and OOS team is almost equal, the OOS team will almost always win cause their coaching is light years better.

This type of crap happens in our own backyard when teams like Coral Springs beat Deerfield (and almost beat Hallandale) or teams like Western beat Plantation. Why wouldn't it also happen across the state lines? There's a little bit of parody in South Florida football and it's due to a lack of quality coaching. I'm willing to bet that in other states like GA and TX, most of the time the more talented team wins, cause more often than not the coaching is equal. Then you come to South Florida and you see big-time stud prospects who play on horrible teams.

South Florida is the most talented football region in the country. I don't even see how anybody can debate that.

You out-of-towners hate that fact so you thump your chest any time a team from another state beats a South Florida school, as if that suddenly means that yall have equal talent. Yall fail to acknowledge the huge factor that is known as COACHING.

99.9% of the time an out-of-state school is going to have better resources, better facilities, better S&C and better coaching. Those things make a world of a difference. The coaching in South Florida is (most likely) the worst in the country. It's junkyard, hood ****.

Also, I can't speak for other areas in the country, but in South Florida there's so much talent that **** near EVERYBODY has at least some D-1 kids. In other states, certain high schools can basically have a monopoly on the local talent and take anybody/everybody that's worth a ****. Certain schools in South Florida try to do that but there's so much **** talent down here that they can't get everybody. That's why you see D-1 talent at schools/programs that suck. (i.e. Plantation, Boyd Anderson, Ely, Dillard, McArthur, etc) In Broward alone STA, Coconut Creek, Hallandale, American Heritage, Miramar, Flanagan and Deerfield are all loaded with D-1 kids. I'd be willing to bet that those 7 teams have as much D-1 talent as most whole cities do, and some states.

Look at this 8A district in Broward...
*Flanagan (loaded)
*Plantation (always has several D-1 kids)
*Miramar (always loaded)
*Everglades (always has a couple D-1 kids)
*Western (a few D-1 kids)
*Cypress Bay (always has several D-1 kids)
*South Plantation (always has a few D-1 kids)

Then there's the district with American Heritage, Hallandale, Cardinal Gibbons and Coconut Creek. There's D-1 kids all over that district.

And this is just Broward.

This can help you overcome talent loaded teams in hs football. Look at the top-100 teams at the end of each year. It's always the same teams, and most are private or 1-team power houses from small cities (EX:Colquitt County Ga.). FL, GA, and Texas are the only states that aren't dominated by private schools. Maybe Bama and Zona, too. D1 talent is nice, but it's tough when you have to face teams that have: money for good coaches, money for coaching equipment, kids always have money and supplements when needed, real S&C coaches, influence over optimist programs (Optimist teams run your system as a feeder program), and just an environment that gives a **** about football. Central looks huge compared to local teams and they didn't appear that way against Dematha, Grayson, Camden County, and Stephenson. They don't have better prospects, but those kids are definitely more developed both physically as well as their technique for what they're asked to do.

Also, in hs, SFL is usually outmatched on the LOS. Helps that the other teams lineman are more developed, too.

Last edited:
The odds of an out-of-state team with only a couple D-1 kids beating a loaded South Florida team = slim.
Add a couple more D-1 kids to that (better coached) out-of-state team and you've got yourself a football game.

A well-coached team with 4 D-1 kids will beat a loaded South Florida team 7 out of 10 times probably. When the South Florida team wins it's usually because their level of talent is simply too overwhelming. When the talent between the SOFLA team and OOS team is almost equal, the OOS team will almost always win cause their coaching is light years better.

This type of crap happens in our own backyard when teams like Coral Springs beat Deerfield (and almost beat Hallandale) or teams like Western beat Plantation. Why wouldn't it also happen across the state lines? There's a little bit of parody in South Florida football and it's due to a lack of quality coaching. I'm willing to bet that in other states like GA and TX, most of the time the more talented team wins, cause more often than not the coaching is equal. Then you come to South Florida and you see big-time stud prospects who play on horrible teams.

Teams like Desoto, Skyline as well as others in S. Dallas get wrecked by the big texas programs. Desoto just got destroyed today, despite being LOADED with BCS kids, by a team that's not as talented. Remember when Cypress Bay went to play Katy (Tx) in 2008. That Cypress Bay team had like 10+ BCS kids. ****, they brought Jason Douglas all the way from Miami Gardens to go play for them. They got destroyed by a Katy team with less D1 kids. GHA has teams with a bunch of talent, but Katy is by far the best coached, so they dominate that area. Same thing when a loaded plant lost to Abiline. Miramar in 2010 also lost to Desoto.

In 2011, a loaded Miami Central went to play a 3-7 Cincinnati Elder (public school that doesn't hoard the areas talent), and they needed a 50yd fg to win at the last second. That Elder team had maybe 2-3 D1 kids and got whooped by every other good team in Cinci, while that Central team lost the state title game. Central's top corner got routinely beat by a kid that went D2-3. Difference was coaching and Central wasn't going to push their lineman around, like they would against a normal SFL school.

The one time I saw a loaded SFL team lose to a Loaded OOS team that actually had worse coaching was when MNW lost 29-7 against Long Beach Poly, at Traz Powell. LBP has been notorious for having an abundance of talent and not winning ****.

Last edited:
Advertisement
People are looking too much into this loss. They aren't the first Dade team to get stomped. They caught central in a year where there offense just isn't there. Make no mistake, south Florida teams have handed out a lot more *** whoopins then they have taken. All you can do is tip your hat to Dematha and wish them luck on the season. Prob the best team they have had in decades.

As far as talent, I see why we didn't offer Keir Thomas although I would love to have him. He's 6'1 240. What position would he play in this scheme? He can't play NG or DT because he's too small. Can't play SDE either. He would get eaten up. Butch passed on a kid one time who was too small but was a local kid and was a menace at Miami Jackson. His name was Elvis dumervil. So it happens. Oh well..

Solomon didn't impress me. Cook should never even think to play DB. Ever. I see why we didn't offer Donovan Thompson. He went up against D1 olineman and was completely taken out of the game. He's no Sean spence. Couldn't shed blockers and couldn't find a way to impact the game. Good luck to the kid.

Donaldson had a good teaching today. Hope he learns from this. It happens. Trevor Darling got schooled against Grayson that year too as a Jr. He disrespected their speed at the line of scrimmage. Didn't think he would see that kind of speed from any team outside of dade. He was wrong and I'm sure he won't make that mistake again.

All in all. Central will still be right there competing hard for the state title. Their defense is too good.

Dumervil would have been part of Coker's second class. Instead, we went after John Wood, who had crazy potential and was kicked out of UM. The other DE was Baraka Atkins.

The kid that I'm not sure if Butch recruited hard or not was Roscoe Parrish. He was part of Coker's first class. The herald had both him and his cousin Frank Gore pegged to go to Ole Miss the week before signing day.

Last edited:
People make too much out of individual games. Coaches inexplicably schedule their teams to be in these showcase games during down years all the time. Several TX teams have signed up for embarrassments over the years in games they have no business playing in and it's a real headscratcher as a fan. South Florida HS football year in and year out takes a backseat to no one.

Advertisement
Teams like Desoto, Skyline as well as others in S. Dallas get wrecked by the big texas programs. Desoto just got destroyed today, despite being LOADED with BCS kids, by a team that's not as talented. Remember when Cypress Bay went to play Katy (Tx) in 2008. That Cypress Bay team had like 10+ BCS kids. ****, they brought Jason Douglas all the way from Miami Gardens to go play for them. They got destroyed by a Katy team with less D1 kids. GHA has teams with a bunch of talent, but Katy is by far the best coached, so they dominate that area. Same thing when a loaded plant lost to Abiline. Miramar in 2010 also lost to Desoto.

I was at the Desoto game yesterday, and it was jaw dropping. That coach's *** is about to be ran out of town after the beatings they're going to take from IMG and Cedar Hill. There was already plenty of discontent when he was hired, lots of parents tried to transfer their kids but the UIL wouldn't let the kids play elsewhere. Race is an issue there and the stands got a little ugly yesterday. That's the worst *** whoopin' Desoto has had in probably 15-20 years and Martin isn't a top 10 TX school.

People are looking too much into this loss. They aren't the first Dade team to get stomped. They caught central in a year where there offense just isn't there. Make no mistake, south Florida teams have handed out a lot more *** whoopins then they have taken. All you can do is tip your hat to Dematha and wish them luck on the season. Prob the best team they have had in decades.

As far as talent, I see why we didn't offer Keir Thomas although I would love to have him. He's 6'1 240. What position would he play in this scheme? He can't play NG or DT because he's too small. Can't play SDE either. He would get eaten up. Butch passed on a kid one time who was too small but was a local kid and was a menace at Miami Jackson. His name was Elvis dumervil. So it happens. Oh well..

Solomon didn't impress me. Cook should never even think to play DB. Ever. I see why we didn't offer Donovan Thompson. He went up against D1 olineman and was completely taken out of the game. He's no Sean spence. Couldn't shed blockers and couldn't find a way to impact the game. Good luck to the kid.

Donaldson had a good teaching today. Hope he learns from this. It happens. Trevor Darling got schooled against Grayson that year too as a Jr. He disrespected their speed at the line of scrimmage. Didn't think he would see that kind of speed from any team outside of dade. He was wrong and I'm sure he won't make that mistake again.

All in all. Central will still be right there competing hard for the state title. Their defense is too good.

Well Said Fam!!

So your thesis is better coaching in other states? So you have statistical data that says that Miami/Broward have the worst HS coaches available to them. Man I've heard it all. There are plenty of ****** coaches in the DC/MD area.. trust and believe. Virginia has solid to good coaching usually from top to bottom. Maryland and DC are still basketball regions, but the quality of football coaching is improving.

So your thesis is better coaching in other states? So you have statistical data that says that Miami/Broward have the worst HS coaches available to them. Man I've heard it all. There are plenty of ****ty coaches in the DC/MD area.. trust and believe. Virginia has solid to good coaching usually from top to bottom. Maryland and DC are still basketball regions, but the quality of football coaching is improving.
A lot of hate & jealousy for Dade County football but we did lose to a good team yesterday.

I think the common sentiment from everyone that's from Miami is that if our public schools had the same resources in terms of strength and conditioning, offseason nutritional program as well as feed all of our talent to one school that's when it would be on equal playing field.

Typically our players on the OL and DL are not well developed due to resources and coaching. Whenever you see us struggle out of state it's usually due to being outmatched on the lines.

And look at where most talent come from in Dade. Mostly concentrated from Miami Gardens down to Allapattah/Overtown. That's a very small radius to recruit compared to these out state schools. Living in Atlanta now it's very comparable to the Dekalb public schools and their radius for recruiting.

Advertisement
Back