Dematha vs Miami Central......BTW vs St Thomas

so I've just got done watching, St Thomas v Booker T, Miramar V IMG and the Central game. and well.

- St Thomas is loaded (no surprise) Asante Samuel Jr was impressive, kid's only a Soph and stood out.
- Sam Bruce is Sam Bruce super confident knows what he can do.
- Jake Allen was okay wasn't overly impressed but he did his job got the W.
- St Thomas' RB was killing it very impressed.
- Booker T are young. Enough said. Talented but young.
- The less said about the Central game the better.
- IMG are super loaded as we all know.
- Patterson is a seriously dynamic QB better then Henry imo
- Miramar were mauled but i was impressed with Brian Edwards he had a pick six and almost juggled a pick earlier in the game.

Advertisement
In Florida, the Head coaches have to actually be teachers in the schools first and the after school activities second. At least that's in public schools. Many other states hire and pay actual coaches outside of the education system.

I think there's ways around that.

Probably if the booster club pays the entire salary. I heard Guandolo doesn't teach at CB and they pay him a very good salary for a SFL HS coach.

Well they have the ability to give the coach a cake position at the school where he doesn't really have to do ****. (i.e. Guandolo) They'll label him a "teacher" but most likely he'll be walking around campus randomly throughout the day with little to no responsibility. Or they'll have him monitor the Internal Suspension room.

That's what administrations who truly care about their football programs do.

You get what you pay for.... Head coaches down here get paid what $4200 Assistants less than that...When you add up the mpney for all the things you do for the kids you actually lose money as a coach... For that money you will get **** coaches...... It is what it is..... any security guard or janitor can become a coach....

And majority of the schools that have athletes are ****** coaching jobs. They have poor facilities, limited resources and no booster club. Coaching there is an uphill battle.

That's the conflict that good coaches go through. Take a coaching job at an urban school that has athletes but no booster club, little parent support, no money, etc? Or take a coaching job at a school that's limited athletically but have a ton of resources, great boosters and plenty of money to spend on resources?

When I was coaching at Western we had about $20k-$30k in our booster club budget at any given time. We were taking our kids all over the state for 7-on-7 tournaments. Taking the kids to Busch Gardens. Booster club was putting us in hotels and buying us dinner/drinks. They were paying for us go go to Coaching Clinics in Orlando. It was nice. Same thing when I was coaching at Cooper City. We had roughly $40k-$50k in our budget. Anything you need, you just ask for it, whether it's equipment or clothing.

Schools like that, you're never gonna win a state title but it'll be a good coaching job. It'll never be an uphill battle. You'll have access to everything you need to be a good program. And if you win 6 to 8 games per year at a school like that then you're a god.

Or you can take a job at a school like Boyd Anderson or Ely. You'll have access to the talent you need to win a state title but you'll never have the resources. And good luck getting support from the community. They will be in the stands however, critiquing your every call.

IMO the best [public school] coaching job in Broward County is Cypress Bay. After that it's Cooper City and Western IMO. The "right guy" at HC can win at any one of these schools. Administration at Western is a **** joke though, they could care less about football. Cooper City cares a lot more but they need an innovative Head Coach to capitalize off of their blessings.(which is money and location IMO) However, their administration is iffy about letting urban kids into their school. And Cypress, we've already seen what they're capable of. If I could be a HC anywhere it would be there. Amazing resources, good AD and the best administration you could ask for.

You might have answered this elsewhere but where are you coaching at this year?

You get what you pay for.... Head coaches down here get paid what $4200 Assistants less than that...When you add up the mpney for all the things you do for the kids you actually lose money as a coach... For that money you will get **** coaches...... It is what it is..... any security guard or janitor can become a coach....

And majority of the schools that have athletes are ****** coaching jobs. They have poor facilities, limited resources and no booster club. Coaching there is an uphill battle.

That's the conflict that good coaches go through. Take a coaching job at an urban school that has athletes but no booster club, little parent support, no money, etc? Or take a coaching job at a school that's limited athletically but have a ton of resources, great boosters and plenty of money to spend on resources?

When I was coaching at Western we had about $20k-$30k in our booster club budget at any given time. We were taking our kids all over the state for 7-on-7 tournaments. Taking the kids to Busch Gardens. Booster club was putting us in hotels and buying us dinner/drinks. They were paying for us go go to Coaching Clinics in Orlando. It was nice. Same thing when I was coaching at Cooper City. We had roughly $40k-$50k in our budget. Anything you need, you just ask for it, whether it's equipment or clothing.

Schools like that, you're never gonna win a state title but it'll be a good coaching job. It'll never be an uphill battle. You'll have access to everything you need to be a good program. And if you win 6 to 8 games per year at a school like that then you're a god.

Or you can take a job at a school like Boyd Anderson or Ely. You'll have access to the talent you need to win a state title but you'll never have the resources. And good luck getting support from the community. They will be in the stands however, critiquing your every call.

IMO the best [public school] coaching job in Broward County is Cypress Bay. After that it's Cooper City and Western IMO. The "right guy" at HC can win at any one of these schools. Administration at Western is a **** joke though, they could care less about football. Cooper City cares a lot more but they need an innovative Head Coach to capitalize off of their blessings.(which is money and location IMO) However, their administration is iffy about letting urban kids into their school. And Cypress, we've already seen what they're capable of. If I could be a HC anywhere it would be there. Amazing resources, good AD and the best administration you could ask for.

You might have answered this elsewhere but where are you coaching at this year?

I'm back at Western but in a limited roll for now. I took a new job that doesn't get out until about 5 or 6. I was DC at Cooper City last season.

Advertisement
Back