DeMario Tolan 2022 LB (LSU Commit) Sr Season

Advertisement
Why would anyone want to go to FSU? I don’t get it. Norvell has a six year deal worth $4.4MM per year. He is 6-10 to start his first two years and given the last 4 games, has a good chance to go 6-14. 3 wins a season including the loss to Jax State! With that W they would have 4 wins for this season. What is attractive about this? Next year will be his half way point and they will be talking about ending this disaster when they win a grand total of 4 games.

Taggart got a 6 year $30MM contract. So they hired someone (Norvell) that they think less of financially (who may not be a total snake oil salesman)…2 years later. I cannot understand how this school as ANY commitments outside of the panhandle and surrounding area.

While I understand that Manny looks to be on the ropes (thank goodness) and not having a named successor coach could hurt recruiting, it’s not like we are folding our program up. If Tolan is looking to jump, at least pick a proper dumpster and not one on fire to jump to. We have playing time to offer at one LB spot at the very least.

Advertisement
Why would anyone want to go to FSU? I don’t get it. Norvell has a six year deal worth $4.4MM per year. He is 6-10 to start his first two years and given the last 4 games, has a good chance to go 6-14. 3 wins a season including the loss to Jax State! With that W they would have 4 wins for this season. What is attractive about this? Next year will be his half way point and they will be talking about ending this disaster when they win a grand total of 4 games.

Taggart got a 6 year $30MM contract. So they hired someone (Norvell) that they think less of financially (who may not be a total snake oil salesman)…2 years later. I cannot understand how this school as ANY commitments outside of the panhandle and surrounding area.

While I understand that Manny looks to be on the ropes (thank goodness) and not having a named successor coach could hurt recruiting, it’s not like we are folding our program up. If Tolan is looking to jump, at least pick a proper dumpster and not one on fire to jump to. We have playing time to offer at one LB spot at the very least.

You're thinking of this wayyyyyyyy too much as a Miami fan who, I'm guessing, is north of 18 years old and not a high school kid with no allegiance to a school.

Norvell is doing an excellent job in year 3 at FSU.

I hope he stays there forever.
It’s yr 2, but honestly, FSU has played much better in yr 2 than 1. I don’t like to look at box scores too much b/c they don’t tell the full story. They still have some discipline issues, for sure, but last yr they were lifeless af. This yr they r playing much better. W/ that being said, I fully expect to smoke them by at least 4 tubs.

Advertisement
You're thinking of this wayyyyyyyy too much as a Miami fan who, I'm guessing, is north of 18 years old and not a high school kid with no allegiance to a school.
Yes…well north of 18. But it just doesn’t make any sense anymore. Granted I may be a little too analytical to be relevant as someone making a choice of where to play football next year, but how come the parents can’t point out the obvious, or the handlers. There has to be some common sense to go around.

If this is a competition as to which team was more relevant more recently, sure, they win. But they are substantially further behind us and we haven’t fired the current coach and hired a new staff yet. And it doesn’t appear that they will be further ahead at any point.

FSU is top 10 in recruiting budget, they spend over $1.5mill on average the last 2 years.

That explains why despite them not being a good team they still have #13 ranked class & have the #1 ranked player in the Nation committed in their class in Travis Hunter & have another 5-star S in Sam McCall, plus about 5 more 4-stars in their class.

Recruiting for the most part, is about money, I don’t just mean dropping bags, I mean actual allocation of funds into the football program. Winning on the field does matter a lot (especially for us), but the reason why winning matters so much for us is because we don’t spend, so when you don’t spend money in recruiting you have to win on the field.

FSU doesn’t win on the field, but they spend, therefore they can still manage to snatch up good prospects.

It’s also a fun place to live with great weather for 18 year old D1 football players.

It’s yr 2, but honestly, FSU has played much better in yr 2 than 1. I don’t like to look at box scores too much b/c they don’t tell the full story. They still have some discipline issues, for sure, but last yr they were lifeless af. This yr they r playing much better. W/ that being said, I fully expect to smoke them by at least 4 tubs.
Theyre 3 and 5. Year 2? Good even better.

Are you serious?

Advertisement
Theyre 3 and 5. Year 2? Good even better.

Are you serious?
Yeah man; record aside, they’ve looked way more competent this yr compared to last yr. Actually competitive. FSU was a train wreck job bro. Think about the last part of Jumbo’s career there, and Willie Taggart.

Advertisement
DeMario Tolan 2022 LB who was once a fan favorite as a UM recruit transfered from Tohopekaliga HS to Dr . Phillips HS for his senior season to raise his recruiting profile by playing on bigger stage with DPHS has met with stiff opposition as not only is DP win less; they have been blown out in their first two games (ouch). Good Thing is there is a long season hopefully still yet to play.

On a side note I am thrilled for the those Jones HS kids to experience success on the Gridiron they deserve something. ( because that is straight hood, I am talking these kids literally walk by blocks of trap houses and cracked out hookers to get to school everyday).

Tonight verses Jones HS they lost 48-13 (Tolan is #8 in white on defense, he didn't have a good game to say the least unfortunately)

Go Canes

Your comments about Jones High area are way over blown. There are not blocks of Trap Houses or Crack zho's. For the most part it's older homes and businesses, and some bad elements. Jones High area is a resort compared to any hood in Dade.

Your comments about Jones High area are way over blown. There are not blocks of Trap Houses or Crack zho's. For the most part it's older homes and businesses, and some bad elements. Jones High area is a resort compared to any hood in Dade.

We are not talking about dade county, we are talking about Orlando. An **** yeah the area around the citrus bowl is ghetto, to the point the city put up real time monitored surveillance cameras up and down Rio Grande ave and OBT. **** on Rio Grande about a mile south of citrus bowl there was a drive thru hoe house everyone knew about ( pull up to the front, drive around to the back get served, and drive out the other side. That **** was hilarious. They don't have that level of hoe service in dade county)

Go Canes

That area is so bad criminals use it to dump bodies from other areas in Orlando, figuring they will just blend in. For instance most recently they found the female UCF apartment property manager who was killed by her maintenance guy dumped down by Jones HS at the complex in the video.

Last edited:
FSU is top 10 in recruiting budget, they spend over $1.5mill on average the last 2 years.

That explains why despite them not being a good team they still have #13 ranked class & have the #1 ranked player in the Nation committed in their class in Travis Hunter & have another 5-star S in Sam McCall, plus about 5 more 4-stars in their class.

Recruiting for the most part, is about money, I don’t just mean dropping bags, I mean actual allocation of funds into the football program. Winning on the field does matter a lot (especially for us), but the reason why winning matters so much for us is because we don’t spend, so when you don’t spend money in recruiting you have to win on the field.

FSU doesn’t win on the field, but they spend, therefore they can still manage to snatch up good prospects.
LCE could you explain spending on recruiting other than bags? Do they have better visits, graphics, more coaches visiting more often? Just what could we do better in the non-bag area? Thanks in advance. @Liberty City El

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back