DeMarcus Van Dyke officially on Staff as Defensive Quality Control...guy

Advertisement
Honestly, he's done very little as a coach to this point. But (speaking only for myself) I am excited for his potential and the contributions I believe he can make to the program in the short term and long term. DVD is a young, local guy who played six seasons in the NFL (recently... not decades ago) and was a dual-sport athlete at UM. He's known in the community, is generally well-liked, and has the sort of personality that I think will resonate with recruits. The coaching resume isn't there yet, granted, but he can learn those skills on the job while working with the coaches and providing a recruiting bump in the secondary (who need all the help they can get) in the meantime.
Franchise, consider this entry-level for a guy they like and whom they think has potential to develop as a coach. The pros have similar entry-level coaching positions. A friend's son spent several years with an NFL team as a "special teams assistant" working with special teams coach. He is now a defensive backfield assistant, working with defensive backfield coach. Probably something of a promotion.

Not true. We took guys who were not elite on the lists and made them into elite

You think Kevin Patrick, Greg Mark, Russ Maryland were big-time recruits? They weren't.
Its my opinion I think this will be a positive, I could be wrong but im confident that we will land a beast on the trail

I’m happy for him, but please explain why this is such a great hire. What has he done as a recruiter or football coach that has people so excited? Before any pvssies think I’m ripping him or the hire, I’m not. I just want to know why this is such a great hire.

So they will tear him down, the minute some south florida sell out leave for alabama or some other crap hole of a place!!!

Advertisement
Kool is no doubt a loss but if you can get a coach who is just under him in the coaching department but is worlds above him in recruiting then it’s not that big of a deal really

Honestly, he's done very little as a coach to this point. But (speaking only for myself) I am excited for his potential and the contributions I believe he can make to the program in the short term and long term. DVD is a young, local guy who played six seasons in the NFL (recently... not decades ago) and was a dual-sport athlete at UM. He's known in the community, is generally well-liked, and has the sort of personality that I think will resonate with recruits. The coaching resume isn't there yet, granted, but he can learn those skills on the job while working with the coaches and providing a recruiting bump in the secondary (who need all the help they can get) in the meantime.
I appreciate the reply. I don't see anything tangible, but I'm happy we hired him. Hopefully, he turns out to be helpful in building relationships locally. I like the long-term vision of hiring a lot of gregarious guys with community ties.

Advertisement
The first step in firing Rumph and replacing him with someone with more recent nfl experience to pass on to the kids.

Bama copied our formula, they out talent people. We should always be that good if not better

We have inherent advantages that Alabama or no other sec school will have. get a guy in there that can recruit and teach like the other coaches are doing, we will continue our ascension to our rightful place, championship level program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back