DeMarcus Van Dyke officially on Staff as Defensive Quality Control...guy

Advertisement
Advertisement
This cat and his family are top notch. Remember tailgating w/them when he played at UM...very very happy for DVD, he's a smart guy and will do really well in this role.

Advertisement
Good dude...saw him at the Va.Tech game in the crowd. Let's get it.

Once Kul left it prob freed up plenty of money to finally offer him a spot.

Everybody makes a huge issue about money. Kul was making over $200K more at Miami than the guy he is replacing at Alabama. I'm assuming he is making the same or got a raise to come to Alabama and I'm not convinced that his move wasn't mutually agreed to after the signing period ended. Patke's promotion opened up the QC job. Glad to have DeMarcus back on campus. He worked hard as a player and got better each year. He rolled into Coral Gables maybe a buck fifty as a true freshman.

Advertisement
So I know he isn't allowed to go off campus and recruit kids. Is he still allowed to go be a face at local high schools and develop relationships with coaches and such? What are the limitations of Quality Control? Is he limited to STRICTLY Miami campus contact only?
They must abide by rules barring them from activities only coaches may perform, including coaching athletes, actively coaching during games or practices, and recruiting off campus.

Anything else is fair game. Another reason why OVs are so big. QCs can seal things. Another reason why OUR OVs are so big. We aren't into the big Junior Days anymore. We've personalized things to give recruits more one on one time. More star coaches for one on ones equals much better recruiting. Bama has five of these kinds of coaches.

Chess.

Advertisement
It’s buffoons like you who propagate these idiotic myths about UM being unable to compete. UM can find DVD’s salary under the couch cushions in Rick’s palatial office.

YEA... COMPLETE myth the 15 years prior to Richt we wouldn't pony up for Coaching and Facilities.

Advertisement
Back