DeMarcus Van Dyke officially on Staff as Defensive Quality Control...guy

Advertisement
It’s buffoons like you who propagate these idiotic myths about UM being unable to compete. UM can find DVD’s salary under the couch cushions in Rick’s palatial office.
Agree chise, MIAMI GOT BREAD. If they wanted to pay bama money they can

I’m happy for him, but please explain why this is such a great hire. What has he done as a recruiter or football coach that has people so excited? Before any pvssies think I’m ripping him or the hire, I’m not. I just want to know why this is such a great hire.

Honestly, he's done very little as a coach to this point. But (speaking only for myself) I am excited for his potential and the contributions I believe he can make to the program in the short term and long term. DVD is a young, local guy who played six seasons in the NFL (recently... not decades ago) and was a dual-sport athlete at UM. He's known in the community, is generally well-liked, and has the sort of personality that I think will resonate with recruits. The coaching resume isn't there yet, granted, but he can learn those skills on the job while working with the coaches and providing a recruiting bump in the secondary (who need all the help they can get) in the meantime.

Agree chise, MIAMI GOT BREAD. If they wanted to pay bama money they can

I read that Karl Dunbar was the lowest paid coach at Alabama at $275K. Kul was making well north of that at Miami, in the neighborhood of $500K. It's nonsense that Miami doesn't pay or won't pay for its assistants. Now granted Miami isn't paying Alabama salaries. For instance Tosh Lupai was making $500K as a linebacker coach. He got a $400K bump....lol. At a place like LSU, Corey Raymond makes $375K and he is underpaid considering how he recruits. Other than Aranda, Craig makes about $575K. Most of their position coaches are below $400k per.

Again, I content that Kul left Miami as a mutual agreement between Richt and he. Master technician or not he had less than to be desired as a recruiter and we should not have been scrambling losing our top 3 guys (McIntosh, Norton and Moten) at the 11th hour.

Bottomline, we haven't lost too many assistants due to salary. Stoutland and Pannunzio got canned with Shannon. Coley and Scott got canned with Golden. Cristobal did a drive-by and probably got paid reasonably well as associate head coach. Got to believe he saw 5 weeks of the ***** show and Saban bailed him out.

Advertisement
Someone asked about duties. I'm guessing QC coaches do a lot of film work--breaking down film of opponents, analyzing our own game and practice films, etc. Just a guess.

Is he allowed to contact kids....or is he strictly an on campus type guy when it comes to recruiting...

I read that Karl Dunbar was the lowest paid coach at Alabama at $275K. Kul was making well north of that at Miami, in the neighborhood of $500K. It's nonsense that Miami doesn't pay or won't pay for its assistants. Now granted Miami isn't paying Alabama salaries. For instance Tosh Lupai was making $500K as a linebacker coach. He got a $400K bump....lol. At a place like LSU, Corey Raymond makes $375K and he is underpaid considering how he recruits. Other than Aranda, Craig makes about $575K. Most of their position coaches are below $400k per.

Again, I content that Kul left Miami as a mutual agreement between Richt and he. Master technician or not he had less than to be desired as a recruiter and we should not have been scrambling losing our top 3 guys (McIntosh, Norton and Moten) at the 11th hour.

Bottomline, we haven't lost too many assistants due to salary. Stoutland and Pannunzio got canned with Shannon. Coley and Scott got canned with Golden. Cristobal did a drive-by and probably got paid reasonably well as associate head coach. Got to believe he saw 5 weeks of the ***** show and Saban bailed him out.
Im glad Kul is gone he was a weakness, people wont realize it now but in the long run they will. Great teacher but u have to recruit at UM, its how we always won with elite players.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I think Soutland was retained by Golden but snatched away by Saban.

Safe to say DVD is the fastest coach on the staff. Probably on the team too.

Advertisement
Im glad Kul is gone he was a weakness, people wont realize it now but in the long run they will. Great teacher but u have to recruit at UM, its how we always won with elite players.

Not true. We took guys who were not elite on the lists and made them into elite

You think Kevin Patrick, Greg Mark, Russ Maryland were big-time recruits? They weren't.

Advertisement
Back