Deion Sanders candidate for FSU HC per Ian Rapoport

Advertisement
Deion Sanders retired from football almost two decades ago and has never coached a minute in his life. There is zero chance he will be hired as FSU's head coach and has to have been added to this list as some type of courtesy.

IF he somehow got the job—meaning everyone else turned it down—the only "instant energy" would be the rest of the college football world laughing their asses off as the Seminoles making the dumbest hire in the history of college sports.

With the recent Stoops talk and now this—based on fact Briles and Leavitt are staying—it seems FSU is simply looking for a figurehead who can sit atop the program for 2-3 years before they turn the keys over to head coach in waiting, Briles. They simply know they can't promote him yet and need someone to come in and right the ship program-wise before he takes over.

people. read this post. it's what one looks like when the author is making sense.

Interesting especially when you look at a guy like Jimmy Graham. Though in football more so than basketball, you can carve out a specific role or job that the team needs, and you can coach a player that specific role and ignore lots of other things. Idk if that makes it harder or easier though. Like with Graham he didn't need to know much about playing safety at least not at first. In basketball, sure you can specialize in rebounding or 3 pt shooting but all 5 guys play defense together, all guys have to run up and down the court, etc.

Exactly...Erik Swoope never played a lick of football, yet He found Himself in the NFL.

Keep in mind that Sander’s coworkers at NFL Network were the first to report about this.

They probably want to boost the career of Sanders.

I don’t take this seriously at all. It’s still funny though.

Advertisement
Pure stupidity.Who would work for him? Lol who would want to make tons of money coaching football with Deion Sanders. Because you dont like him means nothing. Mothers and fathers of recruits will know who he is. I doubt it makes them a top level program. But it would create hype in their favor. If you cant see that then you tripping. We got got with the new miami bull. If you dont think Deion sanders at fsu would make a significant surge in recruiting for them. you stupid if you think otherwise.

Rapopart’s “source” might be Deion Sanders himself. My suspicion is that Sanders told Rapopart he was a candidate for the FSU job, and Rapopart was stupid enough to believe him.

LOL at the retards on here saying Deion would kill it in recruiting.

What parent with an IQ above room temp would let their kid go to a school that chooses a total inexperienced clown act as their head coach. Literally zero college coaching experience.

The stupidity on this site is mind boggling.

But don’t worry clowns.

The odds of this happening: zero point zero

Advertisement
One of the greatest football players of all time but no experience as a head coach. Sounds like manny Diaz minus being a hall of Famer lol

One of the greatest football players of all time but no experience as a head coach. Sounds like manny Diaz minus being a hall of Famer lol

Manny Diaz never played college football. To be honest, Charlie Weis is the only other coach I’m aware of who didn’t play CFB.

Ask @88. He feels it's imperative...

Nothing to do with Sanders. But the “who cares who our arch rival hires as a coach” bravado is not only a lie, it’s ludicrous. Everyone on this board cares who FSU hires and has more of an effect on the program than the “wut jerseys are we wearing vs Louisville” threads that would take its place.

Advertisement

Not even comparable.

I’m not a Diaz apologist, but he’s been a college coach for 17 years, and a coordinator for 12 years.

Plenty of college coaches with no HC experience have been hired with fewer years experience as a college coach.

When college coaches get hired without HC experience they almost always have extensive college coaching background.

So the two are not comparable at all, unless you’re a simpleton.

Cant wait for Luke's reaction when FSU hires someone with actual HC experince instead of Deion..

I cant see a person as accomplished as deion hitting the recruiting trail and begging teenagers to come to FSU. HOF'ers really make great coaches. They dont understand having to motivate someone to get better at something they 'love'.

Advertisement
Cant wait for Luke's reaction when FSU hires someone with actual HC experince instead of Deion..

I cant see a person as accomplished as deion hitting the recruiting trail and begging teenagers to come to FSU. HOF'ers really make great coaches. They dont understand having to motivate someone to get better at something they 'love'.

Deion coaches HSFB.

How many Natties do they have between em'?...thought so.

You can chop off six of your fingers and still have enough left over to count how many current HCs have Natties. If that’s your criteria, it’s an infinitesimally small pool from which to choose... and two of the guys are super questionable

Advertisement
Back