CFB Deion Sanders [A thread for Deion Sanders lovers across all CIS]

Uhhhhh, JSU has as many NFL HOFers as Alabama LOL.
Bruh, c’mon man… stop it. We’re talking MODERN times. How many big time recruits have they gotten in the last 30 years (other than Travis Hunter)? Besides we talking big time recruits from high school. Not HOFs. Totally different conversation. There are a lot of HOFs from HBCUs… but most are from a time, when blacks couldn’t go to the big universities in the south.

Advertisement
Not part of the back and forth here and don't have an issue with Jackson State or any other program . . . but being televised on the ESPN family of networks isn't really saying much. We're talking a boat load of games streamed on ESPN3 (Hello, Miami!!). Everyone and his brother, from Colgate to St. Francis, pops up Saturdays on streamed games.

I can assure you JSU has been on ESPN more than Miami. If you have something against HBCU just say that instead of making up dumb ****. I'll be here when list drops......
I can assure you that the viewership is terrible and worse than ours on Ballys. they usually put them on espn3 and reruns on espnu just like a whole bunch of other schools. ESPN is just doing it to make themselves feel better and calm down the twitter mob. they are losing money on these games

I can assure you that the viewership is terrible and worse than ours on Ballys. they usually put them on espn3 and reruns on espnu just like a whole bunch of other schools. ESPN is just doing it to make themselves feel better and calm down the twitter mob. they are losing money on these games
K

Not part of the back and forth here and don't have an issue with Jackson State or any other program . . . but being televised on the ESPN family of networks isn't really saying much. We're talking a boat load of games streamed on ESPN3 (Hello, Miami!!). Everyone and his brother, from Colgate to St. Francis, pops up Saturdays on streamed games.

LOL!!!!!!:

Advertisement
We’re talking MODERN times. How many big time recruits have they gotten in the last 30 years (other than Travis Hunter)?

IDK, but MTSU didn't have any big time recruits when they drubbed our star studded asses a few weeks ago, and JSU would've beat MTSU, I know that!!! LOL

Stars only mean something if a player goes on to have a productive College and/or pro career, short of that, they just tell you what a player did in HS.

Last edited:
Can you show me a quote where Deion said He was going to be at an HBCU in perpetuity?
I can't. But by that logic, until the 60 minutes interview, you couldn't give me one where he was alluding to heading to P5 if the chance arises. If anything he made it a point to double down on his presence in the SWAC. Including by repeatedly saying "Who is SWAC, if I aint SWAC?" this past week. The point is he used "why not us?" and "playing in front of and for your people" as a recruiting tactic to deter kids from going to P5 schools and go play for him. Which is fine to me. It's a valid recruiting pitch unlike some of the shady stuff we see all the time.

This may just be my personal opinion, but when you make that your platform and then hightail it for better job in the P5 you look hypocritical. People may not call him out on it because, ultimately, he did a great thing for JSU and their program but it's hypocritical nonetheless.

Advertisement
Yea cause the coffin was REALLY wide open for top recruits going to HBCUs, before Deion, right? I mean I remember before him, their was a lot of big time recruits running to HBCUs in droves..… oh wait. 🙄
Never said it was. But Deion was definitely making that more a possibility. Alot of kids were starting to visit HBCUs, former professional players that played at P5 programs are now pushing HBCUs pretty hard. That all started because of Deion's promotion of the HBCU football system.

Took Tennessee 15 years to beat Saban. I think we can assume that a process like this may take just as long if not longer than that but it was starting to evolve no doubt.

If you refuse to see the reality of the situation, including Travis Hunter flipping an FSU hat off stage to put a JSU hat on national TV making his decsision, thats on you.

IDK, but MTSU didn't have any big time recruits when they drubbed our star studded asses a few weeks ago, and JSU would've beat MTSU, I know that!!! LOL

Stars only mean something if a player goes on to have a productive College and/or pro career, short of that, they just tell you what a player did in HS.
WTAF does us getting *** gaped by MTSU got to do with the conversation? Some of y’all muhfuccas would try to explain what rain clouds has to do with pit bull puppies… which is absolutely nothing….****. The original conversation was that if Deion left JSU, then the doors to HBCUs would be closed off forever from big time recruits. Like them ny99as was running to HBCUs anyways. Hello?! **** Yea JSU would probably boat race the MTSU team that beat a unmotivated Miami team….but WTH that gotta do with HBCUs being closed off from getting 4-5 star recruits? Bruh I seriously read your post like…
1666131345375.gif

Last edited:
I know my dudes @gogeta4 and @Coach Macho and any other of yall that have coached this sport we love at any level have had conversations and speeches to their players...I've had it with mine coaching middle schoolers in pop. More than football, you're raising boys to be men and in Coach Prime's case, teaching men to be men and teaching them values they may not be getting or got at home.

Good video. I know he's Nole trash, but Coach Prime is good people in my book.

Advertisement
Never said it was. But Deion was definitely making that more a possibility. Alot of kids were starting to visit HBCUs, former professional players that played at P5 programs are now pushing HBCUs pretty hard. That all started because of Deion's promotion of the HBCU football system.

Took Tennessee 15 years to beat Saban. I think we can assume that a process like this may take just as long if not longer than that but it was starting to evolve no doubt.

If you refuse to see the reality of the situation, including Travis Hunter flipping an FSU hat off stage to put a JSU hat on national TV making his decsision, thats on you.
Bruh…. He got ONE **** KID (5 star) to select JSU over P5 schools. ONE!!!! The rest were castoffs from various P5 and G5 schools. Good for him, great for JSU and HBCUs. He’s giving kids other options… and that’s always a GOOD THING! I’m not saying JSU is void of talent… But to think that this is gonna start some type of HBCU trend is not being realistic. HBCUs by and large, don’t have the resources readily available to land multiple kids like Hunter in one class. When they do… we can restart this conversation. And WTF does UTenn taking 15 years to beat Saban gotta do with anything? Y’all kill me with dese false equivalencies.

WTAF does us getting *** gaped by MTSU got to do with the conversation? Some of y’all muhfuccas would try to explain what rain clouds has to do with pit bull puppies… which is absolutely nothing….****. The original conversation was that if Deion left JSU, then the doors to HBCUs would be closed off forever from big time recruits. Like them ny99as was running to HBCUs anyways. Hello?! **** Yea JSU would probably boat race the MTSU team that beat a unmotivated Miami team….but WTH that gotta do with HBCUs being closed off from getting 4-5 star recruits? Bruh I seriously read your post like…
View attachment 211665

LOL, who said that 5*s were going to HBCUs in droves before Deion? I don't believe that was the intent of the poster that you were responding to. I think what He was saying, was that if Deion left, it would kill the little momentum that HBCUs ( or at least JSU) do have right now.

Bruh…. He got ONE **** KID (5 star) to select JSU over P5 schools. ONE!!!! The rest were castoffs from various P5 and G5 schools. Good for him, great for JSU and HBCUs. He’s giving kids other options… and that’s always a GOOD THING! I’m not saying JSU is void of talent… But to think that this is gonna start some type of HBCU trend is not being realistic. HBCUs by and large, don’t have the resources readily available to land multiple kids like Hunter in one class. When they do… we can restart this conversation. And WTF does UTenn taking 15 years to beat Saban gotta do with anything? Y’all kill me with dese false equivalencies.
Clearly this is a passionate topic for you. The only point I have ever tried to make, you just tried to use against me. It starts with landing one kid and you continue to push and grow to landing multiple. That's how recruiting works. So having this conversation now, as opposed to whenever you deem it is ready for the docket, is justified because he already landed one. Kinda like Miami landing one 5 star every other class (maybe) and trying to grow that momentum to landing multiple in a class.

Tennessee is an example of how things, in CFB, typically take time. 15 years to beat a team is probably on the high end but it was just an example. So this idea that Deion landing a 5 star kid in 2 years of his tenure at an HBCU that barely had a field isn't huge, is crazy.

The only thing I'm trying to say is that the pitch he used to land that kid (naturally the same pitch for others) will be null and void because he did exactly what he told him (them) not to do. Leave for a P5 school with more resources...bruh.

Advertisement
! **** Yea JSU would probably boat race the MTSU team that beat a unmotivated Miami team….but WTH that gotta do with HBCUs being closed off from getting 4-5 star recruits? Bruh I seriously read your post like…
MTSU would be a 5-7 point favorite on a neutral field over Jax St.

Clearly this is a passionate topic for you. The only point I have ever tried to make, you just tried to use against me. It starts with landing one kid and you continue to push and grow to landing multiple. That's how recruiting works. So having this conversation now, as opposed to whenever you deem it is ready for the docket, is justified because he already landed one. Kinda like Miami landing one 5 star every other class (maybe) and trying to grow that momentum to landing multiple in a class.

Tennessee is an example of how things, in CFB, typically take time. 15 years to beat a team is probably on the high end but it was just an example. So this idea that Deion landing a 5 star kid in 2 years of his tenure at an HBCU that barely had a field isn't huge, is crazy.

The only thing I'm trying to say is that the pitch he used to land that kid (naturally the same pitch for others) will be null and void because he did exactly what he told him (them) not to do. Leave for a P5 school with more resources...bruh.
It’s not a passionate topic for me, I’m just stating facts. Deion leaving would definitely hurt JSU. It would take some attention away from the HBCUs (Which is the best thing about him being there) But it wouldn’t really hurt other HBCUs procurement of top talent overall, because the top talent is not lining up to go there out of high school, anyways. That’s fact.

Advertisement
Back