Deion’s Recruiting

Advertisement
The one thing I will add is What makes him a good coach? What is his specialty, attributes etc.??? Who did he help develop in high school that went on to be a stud in college?

I think he will get a P5 job down the line eventually, but what has he shown or proven that makes him good? Is it just his name?

From what I saw of Sanders team in his bowl game they were a mess. His son the QB was awful. Its a bad situation there. Deon is all flash but no substance. He is also pushing segregation. Imagine if a coach was saying to a white recruit -go to Wisconsin there are more of your kind there.
When Travis Hunter starts seeing the small crowds and long bus rides to games he will start questioning what he did.

I don't think you know what the word "segregation" means.

Didn’t he fail out of FSU after taking an entire semester off and not dropping his classes to stay eligible? Doesn’t he need a degree to coach big boy football?

He didn't fail out, he had to take two classes in the summer to stay eligible in 1988. I believe one was a class on AIDS Awareness and History.

Do you think he'll work the hours guys like Saban and Mario work to win big? Maybe I'm being too dismissive. But he seems more promotional than substantive.
If he did take a power 5 gig I could see him being more John Calipari like than Coach K. Sure he’ll bring in big time recruits but the results on the field won’t match the results on signing day.

Advertisement
Deion Sanders is a ******* moron and no serious coach wants to be on a nonsense staff.

Is FSU going to pay $100 million so that big names will coach under him?
I love Deion, always have. And while he's evolved and become a pretty good mentor (remember he took Hester under his wing, and tried with Noel Devine...), Deion has always been about Deion to a certain extent. I could be wrong but I don't see that as a recipe for success when you talk about trying to resurrect a program like FSU. At JSU it is all love from every direction, but I'm unsure of how he'd do when the heat gets turned up by the media/fans after the honeymoon period ends.

Your point about great coaches being hesitant to work for him goes in parallel

Advertisement
Hes one of the best CBs of all time. His work ethic is most likely better than both of theirs.
Where is the correlation between those two? Ed Reed is one of the best safeties of all time but we learned that his work ethic in the COS position was subpar.

Last edited:
From what I saw of Sanders team in his bowl game they were a mess. His son the QB was awful. Its a bad situation there. Deon is all flash but no substance. He is also pushing segregation. Imagine if a coach was saying to a white recruit -go to Wisconsin there are more of your kind there.
When Travis Hunter starts seeing the small crowds and long bus rides to games he will start questioning what he did.
Segregation? That makes no sense.

He didn't fail out, he had to take two classes in the summer to stay eligible in 1988. I believe one was a class on AIDS Awareness and History.

But once he became eligible he stopped going to school. During the broadcast of whatever all star game they played in back then, the announcer said Sanders participation irked some because he didn't go to a single class his senior year

Advertisement
But once he became eligible he stopped going to school. During the broadcast of whatever all star game they played in back then, the announcer said Sanders participation irked some because he didn't go to a single class his senior year

****e was different back then. He ended up withdrawing from all of his fall semester classes, but he still didn't flunk out.

His DC.
https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/dennis-thurman/158

WR COACH-
https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/jason-phillips/161

RB COACH- Miami Native
https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/gary-harrell/153

OL coach-
https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/mike-markuson/157

https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/jeff-weeks/159

He has some nfl guys on the coaching staff and guys with a lot of years of college coaching experience. I was actually surprised he built that staff like that. I was expecting a bunch of his "friends" type but he really didnt go that route. Not a bad staff for an HBCU.

Gracias, amigo. Totally agree, solid staff.

****e was different back then. He ended up withdrawing from all of his fall semester classes, but he still didn't flunk out.
He did not withdraw from his classes. He remained enrolled so he could play. He flunked all his classes his last semester. Back then they didn’t check your grades until the semester was over.

Advertisement
He did not withdraw from his classes. He remained enrolled so he could play. He flunked all his classes his last semester. Back then they didn’t check your grades until the semester was over.

Agree on the late grade-check (****, they didn't even check attendance), but back then F$U also let people drop classes very late. This was before everything was computerized. I was told by someone at F$U that they let him withdraw from classes in case he ever wanted to come back to finish his degree. Maybe that was just BS and he really does have a semester's worth of failing grades on his transcript. I'm just saying, back in the 80s (and before computers took over the process), the registrar's office at a bunch of schools would "work with" the athletes on any "issues".

****, when I first registered for classes at UM, we used punch cards. You had to go around and collect punch cards for all of your classes and then submit the whole packet of cards. And if someone dropped a class during the registration process, they had to cut a new punch card.

He’s the Greatest CB in history of the NFL & he’s a good coach too.

Won 3 State titles as an OC at Trinity Christian & won a SWAC title last year at JSU.

The hate everyone has for him is irrational & comes from insecurity, he’s a good man & has done great things his entire career. He doesn’t hate Miami & never speaks down on us at all, he doesn’t even love FSU the way yall think he does.

If you question his coaching acumen, you either don’t know what you’re talking about or you’re just blinded with bias

He’s the Greatest CB in history of the NFL & he’s a good coach too.

Won 3 State titles as an OC at Trinity Christian & won a SWAC title last year at JSU.

The hate everyone has for him is irrational & comes from insecurity, he’s a good man & has done great things his entire career. He doesn’t hate Miami & never speaks down on us at all, he doesn’t even love FSU the way yall think he does.

If you question his coaching acumen, you either don’t know what you’re talking about or you’re just blinded with bias

Average fans are real life weirdos.

What you said is all 100.0% accurate. Deion is the GOAT. Period. And he's proving himself to be a pretty good coach too, which I was skeptical of. But he's all-in on it, and he's doing well.

Good to see he's still a pathological liar. I was literally sitting around with a former teammate at his house in Virginia when deion came to see his son...

What’s that watch you got in the picture. I’ve got a few watches. Can’t really see it because the picture is so small. Probably not as nice as that one I’m sure

Advertisement
Back