Deion’s Recruiting

dude formed a better coaching staff at Jackson State than Manny Diaz had at Miami.

He'll get a power 5 job when he wants one to be honest.
The same way he can recruit players...will be the same way he can pull legit coaches. Also his rolodez is a lot bigger than most being a hall of famer..and his tv work.
As you said, his rolodex is bigger so pulling some names shouldn't be too hard when you know you're coming out looking great against lesser talent since somehow no one is really talking about that. How many big names will he get to be under him at a P5 school though where the talent advantage is taken away? I'm not saying he can't succeed. I just don't believe he has proven anything as a coach against high talent or even equal talent yet to think he just deserves to get a job at a premier program.

Advertisement
I think it's laughable when he talks about 3 P5 jobs he believes he should have gotten. He hasn't proven he has any actual coaching skills. He's riding on superior talent that comes due to NIL and his name. I'd love for him to get a P5 job and prove he's worth half of what he thinks he is.
He's a salesman. He doesn't deserve any P5 jobs, but he knows how to sell himself.

Advertisement
From what I saw of Sanders team in his bowl game they were a mess. His son the QB was awful. Its a bad situation there. Deon is all flash but no substance. He is also pushing segregation. Imagine if a coach was saying to a white recruit -go to Wisconsin there are more of your kind there.
When Travis Hunter starts seeing the small crowds and long bus rides to games he will start questioning what he did.

I think it's something that probably benefits him. Let's say you're kid is a prospect, you know him as an NFL HOF and CFB, you don't know much about him coaching wise most likely, but moms doesn't know him at all aside from what you and the kid tell her (usually, not always, some moms are that into football). He doesn't do an in home visit so she can't ask about anything, dad already is like **** yeah my kid can play for a HOF anytime. No questions asked about the life on campus, facilities, nothing until they are on campus for an official/unofficial and Deion sells the "future" for JSU he has.

Advertisement
dude formed a better coaching staff at Jackson State than Manny Diaz had at Miami.

The same way he can recruit players...will be the same way he can pull legit coaches. Also his rolodez is a lot bigger than most being a hall of famer..and his tv work.
If "he'll get a Power 5 job when he wants one to be honest", why didn't he get any of the three he just interviewed for and wanted?

From what I saw of Sanders team in his bowl game they were a mess. His son the QB was awful. Its a bad situation there. Deon is all flash but no substance. He is also pushing segregation. Imagine if a coach was saying to a white recruit -go to Wisconsin there are more of your kind there.
When Travis Hunter starts seeing the small crowds and long bus rides to games he will start questioning what he did.
Segregation?! Bruh.... c'mon now. I can't buy that. Deion ain't no **** Marcus Garvey. He is a salesman, that's trying to sell his product. That's it. He's doing a dang good job of it, too. He's probably lying like ****, trying to try and sell said product, though. Some kids will buy it, but most won't. For better of worse, he's giving young kids another option to consider. Travis Hunter is the exception. He isn't, nor will he become, the norm. Most kids will not fall for Deion's "charms". Besides, Deion will probably end up talking himself into some trouble with the NCAA, before long. But in the meanwhile, Travis ain't worried about no long bu$ ride$, nor empty $tadium$. He'$ got enough bag$ to keep him company.

Can you talk about him staff some more? Honestly I have no idea who is there or what their credentials are.

Didn’t he fail out of FSU after taking an entire semester off and not dropping his classes to stay eligible? Doesn’t he need a degree to coach big boy football?

Advertisement
Can you talk about him staff some more? Honestly I have no idea who is there or what their credentials are.

His DC.
https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/dennis-thurman/158

WR COACH-
https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/jason-phillips/161

RB COACH- Miami Native
https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/gary-harrell/153

OL coach-
https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/mike-markuson/157

https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/jeff-weeks/159

He has some nfl guys on the coaching staff and guys with a lot of years of college coaching experience. I was actually surprised he built that staff like that. I was expecting a bunch of his "friends" type but he really didnt go that route. Not a bad staff for an HBCU.

NIL got Travis Hunter. Other than that he gets a lot of good Juco guys and Kevin Coleman. Guys wanna play for him because of who he is. He’s one Nole that I wish was a Cane. Not to many others I can say that about.

Marvin Jones for me although we had the bermuda triangle so we didn't need him.

Advertisement
There are like 3 white coaches on his staff.

And jsu typically looks like they are getting 30k to games....it aint that small of crowds they are having there.

If "he'll get a Power 5 job when he wants one to be honest", why didn't he get any of the three he just interviewed for and wanted?
Probably the same reason Ed Reed isnt a position coach or a coach here.

But I didnt see where he interviewed for 3 jobs where you got that info?. Im just repeating what he said in an interview about power 5 jobs.

Hes one of the best CBs of all time. His work ethic is most likely better than both of theirs.
A joke, right? Arguably the best cover corner of all-time, though when it came to physicality it was touch rather than tackle football. Maybe the most disinterested tackler of all-time. The joke part is his work ethic & attention to detail as a coach. He's smoke and mirrors, so better have a helluva staff behind him.

Advertisement
Back