Defensive target Sherwood with a huge spring game

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_4181.JPG

Jensen Beach athlete Jamien Sherwood is one of the top remaining defensive targets for Miami in the 2018 class. On Friday night in his team's spring game against Treasure Coast, Sherwood did major damage on the offensive side of the ball, with 5 receptions for 219 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Miami's defensive staff views Sherwood as one of the most versatile prospects in the country, and he is likely to play a hybrid linebacker role if he chooses UM.

[HUDL]video/3/4285868/59205bf33863e708c86bd817[/HUDL]

Advertisement
Dude lined up at corner, DE, LB on defense and in the backfield, out wide and at wildcat in one game.

What?!

Give me the guy who performs on the field in actual games over the camp champ are everytime. Course if they kill it in games AND are camp champs, well, Give me those too.

Advertisement
So [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] Are we going for 2 or 3 LBs?
Because clearly we are after Reese and will likely get him.
And you clearly are saying we have Sherwood high on the board.
And it Rousseau is going to be an EDGE/Hybrid LB type of player also.

So Will it just be Reese and Sherwood?
Or are we really going hard for Gainer and Louis too?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Those are big shoes, M-P, virtually impossible to fill. I'd rather not set the kid up. Besides, if Diaz plays him in the rover role like he planned to play Grace, not much need for the distinction in roles.

Gainer, Louis, Reese, Sherwood. I list them alphabetically because they seem like 1a to 1d to me. Just don't see how you choose 2 from that, they're all so valuable. With all due respect to the 3 we took in 2017, these 3 2018 targets seem a step above to me.

View attachment 45366

Jensen Beach athlete Jamien Sherwood is one of the top remaining defensive targets for Miami in the 2018 class. On Friday night in his team's spring game against Treasure Coast, Sherwood did major damage on the offensive side of the ball, with 5 receptions for 219 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Miami's defensive staff views Sherwood as one of the most versatile prospects in the country, and he is likely to play a hybrid linebacker role if he chooses UM.

I'm definitely not a moper, and I don't live in Fla. how's the competition he plays against? That film looks like he's all player. The comp question is the only question, looks like he's moving 3x faster than the other team. Love these clips.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
View attachment 45366

I'm definitely not a moper, and I don't live in Fla. how's the competition he plays against? That film looks like he's all player. The comp question is the only question, looks like he's moving 3x faster than the other team. Love these clips.

Go Canes!

Not that great, I use to live in that area.

I love "capable" versatile athletes like Sherwood that can actually excel at multiple positions. To defend offenses today you need athletic speedy LB'ers that can defend in space, cover TE's and Slot receivers. Sherwood is a great choice by this staff that can do that.

Reminds me of somebody.

[HUDL]video/3/4285868/5842f444dfd8b7230c0b2363[/HUDL]

Alex Figueroa?

no, pete. Another versatile safety from UM that played both sides of the ball in H.S.

Figs was a true LBer. They can say what they want for recruiting purposes, but this kid is a big safety all the way.

If he comes to Miami it won't be as a safety

We got a really nice haul of safety commitments for 2018 and I would sell the "hybrid LBer" thing as well, but this kid has elite safety written all over him and only above average LBer talent IMO.

He's playing WR, RB, S, CB, LBer, and PR, but primarily plays safety and may be the best football player i've ever seen on HUDL. Watch that PR a 52s. He's way too talented to add a bunch of weight for him to only play at 2 levels. This kid is a 3-level game-changing talent at safety.

Advertisement
Back