DT: Ford
DT: Nesta
DE: Rousseau

DE: Patchan
DT: Nnoruka
DT: Bethel
DE: Hill

Advertisement
McIntosh and Norton, to me anyway, were nowhere near as good as Willis was last year.

What I would like to see like you mentioned is a better effort in the run game collectively. Take some heat off the LBs and let them do their thing.
True. I think With guys like Nesta, ford , chigozie we will see an increase in pass rush productivity than the combo we had with McIntosh and norton. Chigozie is quick as **** with a great first step. Intriguing dt group this year imo

Bethel should not be a starting DT. He has proven he cant hold up against the run inside. He should be a rotational player used at both DT and DE.

True. I think With guys like Nesta, ford , chigozie we will see an increase in pass rush productivity than the combo we had with McIntosh and norton. Chigozie is quick as **** with a great first step. Intriguing dt group this year imo
I am looking forward to him getting here for sure. It’s not like a Kennedy thing where we are sort of basing our hopes on heresay, he looks pretty good.

Bethel needs to step up and fill Tito’s role from last year. I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

Advertisement
Hill has as many career sacks (11.5) as the entire DL put together. He's going to start. Anyone who thinks a RS Senior (Patchan) with 1 career sack or a RS Frosh (Rousseau) will start over Hill needs their head examined. Hill is a beast that's proven himself.

Career Sacks
Hill 11.5
Garvin 7.5
Bethel 3
Patchan 1
Nesta 0
Ford 0
Rouseau 0
Miller 0
Martin 0

Advertisement
Hill will not have played with pads on for close to a year when camp begins in late July. A return to form may take a minute.

People on here are making asinine assumptions of who should play where SDE/WDE based on measurables.
All of these guys are about the same size...

LISTED Height/Weight PER UM
6'4 250 Garvin
6'6 255 Patchan
6'6 250 Rousseau
6'5 245 Hill

Hill/Garvin
Patchan/Rousseau
Harvey/ Williams

Bethel/Silvera
Ford/UCLA Dude
Blissett/Miller
Harrison-Hunte/Holly

Martin (No shade thrown)

Advertisement
Hill has as many career sacks (11.5) as the entire DL put together. He's going to start. Anyone who thinks a RS Senior (Patchan) with 1 career sack or a RS Frosh (Rousseau) will start over Hill needs their head examined. Hill is a beast that's proven himself.

Career Sacks
Hill 11.5
Garvin 7.5
Bethel 3
Patchan 1
Nesta 0
Ford 0
Rouseau 0
Miller 0
Martin 0
Facts

Career Sacks
Hill 11.5
Garvin 7.5
Bethel 3
Patchan 1
Nesta 0
Ford 0
Rouseau 0
Miller 0
Martin 0
And that's with being booted at the beginning of last season.

Advertisement
Krazy, get off crack.
Ford and bethel are starting. Garvin and Patchan will start w hill getting a ton of reps.

If you honestly think Rousseau is not going to see a lot of meaningful reps you need to stop calling yourself an expert on all things football as soon as humanly possible. It is comical to think that kid will not play a lot. 5th DE? Stop

People on here are making asinine assumptions of who should play where SDE/WDE based on measurables.
All of these guys are about the same size...

LISTED Height/Weight PER UM
6'4 250 Garvin
6'6 255 Patchan
6'6 250 Rousseau
6'5 245 Hill
Totally agree, we will just have to see which directions the coach will go. That being do you a prediction on who will play WDE and SDE. If I have to predict I would say Patchan and Garvin will play SDE' while hill and Rousseau play WDE.

Willis was a beast but what we had behind him was inexperienced and unproven..now a year later can one guy replace his production, no. But can they collectively play better, yes. The light should be on for Ford. The UCLA guy is grown and has produced in college. Bethel is dependable. Nesta in his own right was the best DT prospect of his Cycle and will flash that this year. Maybe we get some quality reps from Martin and miller but at least those 2 have been around ...the depth is much better than it was last year. We just had gwill and bethel, Tito came on the mid of the season.

THIS. Yeah, we don't have one outright stud this year like Willis. But what we do have is a very good 2-deep plus Miller AND... the 3 Freshman DTs who may be able to get some mop up duty. Last year, it was the Gerald Willis show with Tito contributing and Bethel just holding his own.

I like what we are building with our DT unit, and I have not been able to say that in a long time.

Advertisement
Back