Defensive line two-deep

Advertisement
Reading draft reports, they often say willis left holes in the defense in run fits actually and that he can get washed down out of the play. Hope that improves on the defense this year. People were skeptical about Gerald Willis last year and acted like it was the end of the world without McIntosh/ norton. People will do the same this year UNTIL the season begins and the dt position as a unit ball out. I ultimately think it will status quo with our dt profuction last 3 years or so. I doubt That anyone will put up the numbers Willis had(18 tfls 4.5 sacks) but we will still be productive imo

It’s not going to be one player who replaces GWIII’s numbers this season but a collection of the whole approach. With a legit 3 deep at DT, plus very good options 1-4, collectively they’ll equal, and surpass Willis’ individual numbers. Which is going to help out young secondary even better until they can stand on their own.

Anybody else ever thought about sliding Rousseau inside on 3rd or 4th and short when slant plays are likely to be the call? I’d love to use his size and see if he can get up in passing lanes and knock down some balls.

This isn’t a video game. He’s not even on campus yet.. has to learn playbook, go through practice, conditioning, etc.. He will play a lot Week 0, but him starting seems unlikely barring injury from Patchan..

You're so nuts it's hilarious. And that's with absolutely no shade at Patchan.

Advertisement
This isn’t a video game. He’s not even on campus yet.. has to learn playbook, go through practice, conditioning, etc.. He will play a lot Week 0, but him starting seems unlikely barring injury from Patchan..
Patchan not starting over this imo

Hill has been up against the best in the ACC and been dominate, while also dominate Rousseau has only been up against our o-line
I’m a hill fan and fully believe he starts but that doesn’t mean a **** thing. Our dline has feasted on competition the last 3 years in season and went against the same oline in practice yet still balled right?

Advertisement
This team needs Silvera to play up to his pedigree.....DESPERATELY.

People forget how much havoc Willis was responsible for last year. The way Manny runs his system, disruption in the backfield is key for this defense to be successful.

Advertisement
Back