Defensive Coordinator candidates.

That is why I laugh at the guys that want Leach. LMFAO.

You think Lil Napoleon Nick Saban "relates to kids"? How about "Old Vodka ****" Orgeron? FOH with that nonsense. Both are unlikable as they come, but have ace recruiters on staff. You think Saban hired Mario Cristobal for his coaching acumen? You know what kids really can't relate to? Coaches who insist on running an offense as old as the kid's parents, and have teams that struggle to make to bowl games.

A CEO HC can be a sh#tty recruiter as long as he hires the best recruiters. Problem with hiring a non recruiter for DC is that Banda is probably leaving. He is a good recruiter, and unless he is replaced by another good recruiter, Miami will be down by two recruiters (although not sure how much Diaz did) and fall even further behind.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don’t know where you got that from but Shoop makes close to a mil now and will probably be bumped to what he was making at UT which was 1.2 mil.

Shannon makes 300k FWIW. That's a pretty good bargain IMO. I could live with Shannon at DC for 600k, then hiring an OC at the top end of the scale (around 1.5 mil).

Shannon makes 300k FWIW. That's a pretty good bargain IMO. I could live with Shannon at DC for 600k, then hiring an OC at the top end of the scale (around 1.5 mil).
If we’re doing that then go to FCS or real low D1 and get a young guy from there with potential.

If we’re doing that then go to FCS or real low D1 and get a young guy from there with potential.

I see what you are saying, but sour grapes aside due to his failure as HC aside- looking at this purely objectively- Shannon is a proven commodity at DC and excellent LB coach (we need one of those too). I'm not saying he is the best choice or in my top 5, only that I could live with Shannon as DC at 500-600k, then giving a raise to Banda to keep him on staff, and hiring an elite OC. Everything is a trade off, I just think we need more help on offense than defense and Shannon can do the DC job for not a lot of money.

Don’t know where you got that from but Shoop makes close to a mil now and will probably be bumped to what he was making at UT which was 1.2 mil.

He does not make the same salary at Miss State that he made at Tennessee.

Attachments

• D33807DB-8B97-45C0-BC1E-16E19804D915.png
    D33807DB-8B97-45C0-BC1E-16E19804D915.png
    294.1 KB · Views: 26
Advertisement
Advertisement
You think Lil Napoleon Nick Saban "relates to kids"? How about "Old Vodka ****" Orgeron? FOH with that nonsense. Both are unlikable as they come, but have ace recruiters on staff. You think Saban hired Mario Cristobal for his coaching acumen? You know what kids really can't relate to? Coaches who insist on running an offense as old as the kid's parents, and have teams that struggle to make to bowl games.

A CEO HC can be a sh#tty recruiter as long as he hires the best recruiters. Problem with hiring a non recruiter for DC is that Banda is probably leaving. He is a good recruiter, and unless he is replaced by another good recruiter, Miami will be down by two recruiters (although not sure how much Diaz did) and fall even further behind.

LMFAO not you again. Ever wonder why big programs avoid the guy like the plague? Coach O actually does relate to the kids in the same way Jimmy Johnson does. First of the family to go to college, grew up not wealthy, etc. Have you never heard recruits talk about coach O?

Saban is a different situation because he is able to drop bags and runs the best program in the country. Even then, he relates to kids better than Leach does. There are videos of him doing some rap dances with the recruits mom and stuff like that.

Leach is going to step into the house. Awkward as ****. Drop a corny *** joke and get laughed out of the house. The guy almost won the Pac12 this year and is still going to have a bunch of 2 stars because he sucks at recruiting. He is a poor-mans Dantonio/Chryst.

Advertisement
LMFAO not you again. Ever wonder why big programs avoid the guy like the plague? Coach O actually does relate to the kids in the same way Jimmy Johnson does. First of the family to go to college, grew up not wealthy, etc. Have you never heard recruits talk about coach O?

Saban is a different situation because he is able to drop bags and runs the best program in the country. Even then, he relates to kids better than Leach does. There are videos of him doing some rap dances with the recruits mom and stuff like that.

Leach is going to step into the house. Awkward as ****. Drop a corny *** joke and get laughed out of the house. The guy almost won the Pac12 this year and is still going to have a bunch of 2 stars because he sucks at recruiting. He is a poor-mans Dantonio/Chryst.

Is Tennessee a big program? Because they were all set to hire Leach last year until the AD got fired by the school Prez for insubordination. Choice had come down to either Dave Doeren from NC St. or Leach, with all indications being that Leach was going to be the next HC. This was just last year. And even if they'd ultimately hired Doeren and not given a formal offer to Leach, to claim that big programs were/are avoiding Leach is demonstrably false.

"Although I have not offered the job or discussed terms with him, he told me that he would take the job if offered," Currie wrote, then added, "He would make an excellent choice."

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/spor...earch-texts-records-phillip-fulmer/454355002/

Yup, people are always referring to plagues as "excellent choices."

You seem like a smart guy. There are legit reasons to think Leach wouldn't work out but you dont need to make up evidence.

Last edited:
Is Tennessee a big program? Because they were all set to hire Leach last year until the AD got fired by the school Prez for insubordination. Choice had come down to either Dave Doeren from NC St. or Leach, with all indications being that Leach was going to be the next HC. This was just last year. And even if they'd ultimately hired Doeren and not given a formal offer to Leach, to claim that big programs were/are avoiding Leach is demonstrably false.

"Although I have not offered the job or discussed terms with him, he told me that he would take the job if offered," Currie wrote, then added, "He would make an excellent choice."

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/spor...earch-texts-records-phillip-fulmer/454355002/

Yup, people are always referring to plagues as "excellent choices."

You seem like a smart guy. There are legit reasons to think Leach wouldn't work out but you dont need to make up evidence.

Come on you are bringing up an AD that never hired a single football coach in his entire career and the one coaching search he has done he screwed up so badly he got fired because of it. If he like Leach so much why did he try so hard to hire Schiano? And that article literally states he had to go behind the BOTs and the rest of the administrations back to meet with Leach? That is most likely due to everyone on the staff with any experience in hiring a coach would not have let him waste his time interviewing someone like Leach.

Advertisement
Mike Macdonald - LB coach for the Ravens, was with Richt at UGA as a GA from 2011-13. Is from Roswell Georgia & coached HS at Cedar Shoals. Don't even think he's interested in going back to college, but Richt gave him his first job as a Grad assistant maybe he'll offer him a pay raise & a chance to be a DC (if interested). And as a Ravens fan I would love to see it happen, but I don't actually believe it will.

You’re welcome Harbaugh!

Advertisement
Back