Defense!!

Advertisement
I gotta be honest...
I'm tired of us constantly promoting this stupid fvckin' stat while simultaneously getting our **** pushed in for 300 yards rushing.

We blitz and run a lot of D-Line movement. That's gonna lead to high TFL's. It also often leads to us getting gashed.

Here's a stat I want them to promote...

WTF have we done against offenses that AREN'T ranked outside the top-50? Tweet that stat.

What do you honestly expect? It's marketing and shameless self-promotion. And anyone selling anything does it to some extent.

When you meet a new lady you're interested in do you immediately tell her all your worst attributes and personality quirks? Of course not, let her figure it out as you're rushing her out the door because your wife's coming back from visiting your mother-in-law at the hospital.

Advertisement
I gotta be honest...
I'm tired of us constantly promoting this stupid fvckin' stat while simultaneously getting our **** pushed in for 300 yards rushing.

We blitz and run a lot of D-Line movement. That's gonna lead to high TFL's. It also often leads to us getting gashed.

WTF have we done against offenses that AREN'T ranked outside the top-50? Tweet that stat.

They wont be as gassed when we have better offense to keep the defense off the field.

You people need to be putting some respek on Corch Macheaux’s name.

I’m sure he can show stats which show at least 95% of the top 50 ranked defenses were far superior to Miami. That they never allowed any P5 team to march down the field against them. Ever. I guarantee pretty much every defensive metric of these teams is far superior to Miami’s.

In a Corch Macheaux run defense no team would even think of crossing the 50 yard line against his defensive brilliance.

Also our beloved Corch Macheaux is right. How dare we promote and create a positive vibe regarding some of our defensive stats, even if they put us in a positive light to potential recruits and transfers. Fūck that. How dare we.

I mean how stupid can we be?

Never change, Corch Macheaux!

Guys, pay no mind to Macho, dude spoke highly of D'Nofrio.

MARK F*CKING D'NOFRIO

facepalm.gif

Advertisement
Just waiting on y’all to @ the person lol.
It’s just the internet don’t be scurred :kypowcc:

The defense in 2018 was fine, an average offense would had placed us comfortably on the ACCCG, but I wish I could buy this narrative as some of my fellow canes have. Unfortunately that is how you end up being surprised of how abysmal your offense is when the signs were there the previous year.

EDIT- Miami finished 14th in the S&P+ ranking on Defense, wich looks fair to me, good, but not great
This is a fair argument, defenses can look awful depending of the matchup, but it's also thruth that the defense caved when faced the two competent offenses in the year, they faced 3 offenses on the top 50 of S&P+ and in two of these games they were throughly outplayed.
Did you watched the game? LSU O ran laps on our D in the first half and pretty much punted on the second half

I hear ya. By no means am I saying that the defense was flawless. I think our ranking was slightly overrated because of our schedule. But I also think some people are waiting for things to unravel because they believe the defense is still Golden-esque. They expect to win every game 34-3 but that just won't happen anymore in the modern day game.

To be honest, I think we will have games like Wisconsin every year. The opponent matches up well, executes and makes our defense look elementary. It'll be up to our offense to step up and take over for that game.

I mean it ain't like we get our **** pushed in for 300 rushing too often?? Besides Wisconsin no show (and no G Will, and JJ for one series certainly didn't help) we were stout against run...We are however (much like Ohio St who does a lot of the same things with an athletic, active DL) susceptible to the BIG RUN at times (although the big Duke run was kinda flukey as the whole team appeared to quit because they thought the kid was down in the pile). The Wisky run game in OB 2 years ago we really made em earn it on the ground, that was one of the 4-5 best running teams in nation and we made them earn every inch. I looked at their game log that year and it was the 2nd or 3rd worst output of the season...Now Hornibrook throwing picture perfect back shoulder fades all game better like Tom ****** Brady didn't help our fate, but still...We banged with em.

Overall I agree with you about the slate of offenses we played being weak...We need to take the next step no doubt... But with so few cfb teams playing defense (some honestly don't seem like they practice it) to begin with, it is nice that we have one, and with Diaz and Simpson it seems to only be ready to get even better.
Who do you think is buying the bs you are selling? We all saw the games. We saw the sucking.

I mean it ain't like we get our **** pushed in for 300 rushing too often?? Besides Wisconsin no show (and no G Will, and JJ for one series certainly didn't help) we were stout against run...We are however (much like Ohio St who does a lot of the same things with an athletic, active DL) susceptible to the BIG RUN at times (although the big Duke run was kinda flukey as the whole team appeared to quit because they thought the kid was down in the pile). The Wisky run game in OB 2 years ago we really made em earn it on the ground, that was one of the 4-5 best running teams in nation and we made them earn every inch. I looked at their game log that year and it was the 2nd or 3rd worst output of the season...Now Hornibrook throwing picture perfect back shoulder fades all game better like Tom "******" Brady didn't help our fate, but still...We banged with em.

Overall I agree with you about the slate of offenses we played being weak...We need to take the next step no doubt... But with so few cfb teams playing defense (some honestly don't seem like they practice it) to begin with, it is nice that we have one, and with Diaz and Simpson it seems to only be ready to get even better.
Who do you think is buying the bs you are selling? We all saw the games. We saw the sucking.

You don't know what you are looking at though? You seem like an idiot to begin with. Give a f**k what an idiot see?

Advertisement
Our defense will be good but those some of the numbers are definitely misleading. Plus I always worry against a team with a power scheme. The defense will always get a lot of TFL but it also needs to focus on stopping the run. Obviously our defense hasn’t been the issue the past few years but it’s still not elite in my mind.

BS excuse, especially when we often give up a score on the first drive of every game. Fvckin' Wisky marched right down the field on the first drive. And they were up 14-0 before anybody even broke a sweat.
Besides, elite defenses step up to the plate.
I didn’t know teams scoring on their first drive was an indicator of such things.

But if you want real “excuses” I’m here for it.

Wisconsin vs Miami 2018

• 5 turnovers for UM
  • 14 points from Turnovers
  • other than your opening drive, Wisconsin scored every touchdown on drives starting at their 40.
  • they had the ball for 40 minutes
  • Wisconsin ran for 333 100 of which basically running the clock out and another chunk 100 from the end of the 3rd.
  • Going back to TOP our offense only held the ball for 20 minutes highlighted by NINE drives of 20 or less yards, FIVE under 10 yards, SEVEN under one minute and three momentum killing interceptions that resulted in 2 1 play drives, and 1 3 play drive.
  • back to field position, we had punts of 37, 43, 47, 39, and 37 respectively.

So as a defense, that’s been under similar conditions as these for an entire season, is missing its best defensive player, best player against the run and best player OVERALL, they shouldn’t faulter whatsoever?

That’s just not how football, teams sports, or any profession or even physics works friend.

You sit a fat man on a branch for too long it’s gonna break.

Last I looked season stats for all teams are for all games played. Our peers in the ACCt played basically same caliber teams we did. . Defense overall was no worse than 2nd in ACCt. All teams play patsies that are included in season stats. . Singling out a few games for us and not for all teams is not a true picture. Would@d I like to see our overall run defense improve ? Yes. Do I like the direction our defense is taking? Yes.

Advertisement
I gotta be honest...

Ever heard of TOLEDO??????

They were won of the greatest offenses in the history of the game (including college and pro). And we shut them down

Last I looked season stats for all teams are for all games played. Our peers in the ACCt played basically same caliber teams we did. . Defense overall was no worse than 2nd in ACCt. All teams play patsies that are included in season stats. . Singling out a few games for us and not for all teams is not a true picture. Would@d I like to see our overall run defense improve ? Yes. Do I like the direction our defense is taking? Yes.
This is why when Roffers does a breakdown he compares it to similar teams and circumstances so we don't get these arguments, but CIS will CIS lol.

Man the best thing about our squad the past two years has been our defense. You have to equate the human factor into this argument. You know how much it sucks to be on defense creating turnovers and three and outs, and then a couple minutes later before you get a chance to even get a Gatorade or wink at your groupies, you are out on the field again. Turnovers on offense killed us this year. The thing that sucked the most was that this turnovers seem to come at the worst time man. They would come right after a three and out when we had momentum. It’s hard to stay motivated through four quarters with that wreck of an offense.

Advertisement
Back