Defense sucked so badly...

Advertisement
popcorn-chewing.gif

The defensive staff must think that passes in the flat to tight ends and running backs are illegal so they don't cover them nor do they plan for them

Advertisement
People can harp on Mario blah blah or Dawson, but the defense and throw in refs cost us this game as much as anyone. Take that TD off before half for Louisville, and Miami kicks game tying FG late.

Defense was horrendous though. Just terrible. Worst game all season. 3 TFL and no sacks. Too many injuries on that side. Lichtenstein, Gore. Chantz having to play waay too much. No pressure. Bad tackling.
So what they are due for a bad game especially after playing so good majority of the season

Advertisement
Constantly don’t cover rbs and the te. Either blown coverage by our lbs or safety or guys freelancing

Advertisement
Guidry got completely schooled.

Our lack of depth showed. Losing Taylor left a huge hole in the middle. Our tackling had gotten so much better this year but was dog 💩 today.

Our pass rush is awful without blitzing. Our LBs couldnt cover a TE to save their life.

Just an all out terrible game for the D today.
Yeah Guidry got beat up and also it highlighted how poor our talent actually is on defense as well

They came back to earth today bigtime but unlike the offense, I think our defensive recruiting has been good other than needing a CB to match with Damari

Advertisement
Injuries caught up to the defense. I’m confident in Guidry
Yeah, I think Porter being out at CB really hurt the baxk end of the D. Brown still needs a lot of development and Jadais Richard does too, but both had to play a lot of snaps. However, Guidry should have figured out an adjustment to deal with the TEs by the 2nd qrtr. We let them get wide open all game.

Injuries, lack of depth, and poor top end talent caught up with us. The smoke blew away and the mirrors cracked.

Advertisement
Back