Defense sucked so badly...

defense wasn’t that bad they held trash to 1 catch for 7 yrds
He has a hand injury and yes the defense was bad. Wide open WRs and TEs with at least 5 RAC yards before contact. The worst tackling of the entire season. Something we hadn't seen since last year.

The defense was likely tired after laying all out against FSU, but we got schematically exposed by Brohm.

It is what it is. Need to win the next 2 games to have some positive momentum to close out recruiting and for the team going moving forward towards next year.

Advertisement
The ACC referees completely engineered the TD drive right before the half. Aside from that, the D gave up 24 points. It wasnt their best effort and the lack of starters made a difference, but the D did not "suck so badly" today.

The ACC referees completely engineered the TD drive right before the half. Aside from that, the D gave up 24 points. It wasnt their best effort and the lack of starters made a difference, but the D did not "suck so badly" today.
We gave up 38 points, and they did suck today. I thought they were fantastic last week. Guess it's too much to ask for back to back great performances. 3 TFL, 0 sacks, multiple missed tackles, blown coverages.

I do think injuries have caught up to that side.

Also Louisville had 9 days to prepare so the TE targets today probably a reflection of that.

People can harp on Mario blah blah or Dawson, but the defense and throw in refs cost us this game as much as anyone. Take that TD off before half for Louisville, and Miami kicks game tying FG late.

Defense was horrendous though. Just terrible. Worst game all season. 3 TFL and no sacks. Too many injuries on that side. Lichtenstein, Gore. Chantz having to play waay too much. No pressure. Bad tackling.

The defense was a big let down. All the injuries upfront is starting to catch up

Advertisement
Defense has been fantastic all year. They get a pass from me. Cannot expect to win any game when the offense cannot score enough points. No defense can overcome that.

I think we’re down to 4 week one starters. Guidry’s done a good job of plugging holes all year but the lack of quality defensive linemen was apparent this week.

I understand that football is physical and guys get injured but are other teams dealing with 3/4 of their starting defenders being out? Like what the **** are we doing that we have to switch to a three man front because we don’t have enough guys to play a four man front anymore.

On that last TD to lose the game. I played CB in HS and in man to man on inside out routes like that we would pass off. Both our cbs are looking at the QB and run into each other does nobody pass off anymore just asking? Seems like an easy fix

Advertisement
Injuries caught up to the defense. I’m confident in Guidry

Pretty clear. Also Brohm is one of the smartest and best play callers in college.

I’m not shocked they scored that much. I’m shocked Miami scored enough to make it close. Miami needed to force multi turnovers to win that game. They almost did.

Bain is hitting a freshman wall. We got G5 players getting major minutes and basically two freshman now starting at CB.

No LT hurt. Guidry is good but he isn’t god. Miamis lack of depth in some spots is starting to show up. It all goes back to having to keep recruiting and stacking talent. Mario has a massive off-season ahead of him to make year 3 a big year or the noise will get very loud.

I’m not even stressed about this year. Program showed improvement. Don’t ever care what the record says my eyes see it. Still got dumb manny players making bonehead penalties and the refs have been brutal.

Team has fought every single second of every game. The culture is changing. Got some beats freshmen in Bain, #61, Fletcher, Brown. Keep reciting. Hit the portal and find a QB. Miami will be alright.

On that last TD to lose the game. I played CB in HS and in man to man on inside out routes like that we would pass off. Both our cbs are looking at the QB and run into each other does nobody pass off anymore just asking? Seems like an easy fix

Their ncaa awareness rating on that play would be zero. Ok be nice if Miami ran some of those mesh concepts on offense

They bend us over weekly in general but that Louisville drive before half was absurd.

I'm not a fan of Bailey and Zagacki, but they were spot on calling out the officials yesterday. In fact, they actually predicted some of the bogus calls and errant ball spotting before it happened.

Advertisement
I think we’re down to 4 week one starters. Guidry’s done a good job of plugging holes all year but the lack of quality defensive linemen was apparent this week.

I understand that football is physical and guys get injured but are other teams dealing with 3/4 of their starting defenders being out? Like what the **** are we doing that we have to switch to a three man front because we don’t have enough guys to play a four man front anymore.

Good questions to ask our S&C coach.

Advertisement
Back