Defense 1 Game Improvement is "Trust"

This is exactly what it means. You can hate all day on these coaches but what we all saw at Duke WAS in fact what happens when that crazy-*** system is run right. For my tastes, I'd rather see a more attacking style but in the end....if it works...it works..

It worked against a bunch of gimps just like it has many times in the past.

To be fair, even the gimps were putting up 500+ on us last year.

But like I said - I need to see this for at least four or five games in a row before I'm buying it.

Duke was a much better team last year, and they were better prepared. So far, we've played two decent teams and got whipped by both.

3.5 years of evidence. Color me skeptical of this newfound trust after hammering a terribly overmatched opponent at home.

I think it's overstatement to say that Louisville is even decent. This year that team is mediocre at best.

And this excitement over our defense performing well against Duke of all teams is sickening.

Advertisement
For 41 games under these coaches, the players didn't trust. But in game 42, all the players got together and decided, let's trust. Not in game 41 or game 43, not against FSU or Virginia Tech or Nebraska, not in our bowl game, not last year when the ACC Coastal was on the line, not against Notre Dame or Kansas State, but game 42 at home against the Duke Blue Devils. Makes sense.

This sums it up perfectly.

What answer would have made people happy?

Truthfully whatever he answered was probably a dumb question especially if the person was asking how we made such a dramatic defensive turnaround--it's ONE game.

We're at the point where whatever he says, the answer will be nitpicked. So don't expect an answer to your question.

The more I think about it, the more frustrating that trust nonsense is.

He's basically laying the groundwork for excuse making the rest of the year whenever he gets gashed and is questioned about his scheme. He'll now respond with his usual "we know this scheme/defense works when the kids trust each other and execute" and then he'll point to the duke game. The grohlden fluffers and your average fan will start to parrot/believe the car salesman stuff he's selling and people will start ganging up on the players citing "it's the players, guysm; we're too young!"

Well played, Alfonso, well played.

I never thought you could hate a coach more than I did after we win a game. But I do.

**** this tubby ******* and his never ending regurgitation of bull****. **** outta here.

Advertisement
This is exactly what it means. You can hate all day on these coaches but what we all saw at Duke WAS in fact what happens when that crazy-*** system is run right. For my tastes, I'd rather see a more attacking style but in the end....if it works...it works..

But like I said - I need to see this for at least four or five games in a row before I'm buying it.

Duke was a much better team last year, and they were better prepared. So far, we've played two decent teams and got whipped by both.

3.5 years of evidence. Color me skeptical of this newfound trust after hammering a terribly overmatched opponent at home.

I think it's overstatement to say that Louisville is even decent. This year that team is mediocre at best.

And this excitement over our defense performing well against Duke of all teams is sickening.

Decent and mediocre is pretty much the same thing. I agree completely on the Duke game. I can't believe the **** fest in here after that game. Sorry *** Duke.

Don't know how to remove a like - my like of this post was unintentional.

So what are you going to say if we beat GT this week and play well on both sides of the ball.... I knew this would happen after the Duke win that everyone would down play it. Were they better last year? Yes no doubting that, but nonetheless they waxed our *** last year and a majority of people were expecting the same result and seems to me they were disappointed by it

We beat GT last year - I would expect no less this year. Ring back after the V-T game.

Reading stuff like this adds to my frustration with Al, I was a fan and that passive playmaking against Louisville and Nebraska has me in the very skeptical camp and the here stuff like this just adds to my frustration. The defensive play calling was much different yet he spew crap like this. Stop with the throwing the players under the bus and take some **** responsibility. If the play calling is any different going forward I will continue to be in the camp of getting rid of him and not support my alum!

Advertisement
Maybe just maybe it means the players are trusting their teammates to stick to their assignments and not freelance Yeah after 4 years i worked one game ?
But anytime Golden says something here comes the same people to bash.... He could say the sky is blue today and you guys would rip him. You guys get so worked up over words its unreal
Whatever you say slurper

Is your fooball iq that low a blind man knows he tweaked his scheme because he was feeling the pressure.

Decent and mediocre is pretty much the same thing. I agree completely on the Duke game. I can't believe the **** fest in here after that game. Sorry *** Duke.

LOL

The trust gimmick isn't that obscure actually. Most failed corches resort to the trust shtick at some point in their floundering.

What he's really asking is for the Administration, BOT, and Athletic Department to not fire him in spite of really crappy performances. "Trust" is just as nebulous in this situation as "Faith."

I got neither for this excuse generator.

I have faith and trust that UHaul will give him and Dorito a free hand dolly when they move their **** off campus

Advertisement
Of course he won't admit to changing anything. LOl at anyone that still buys his good guy, pillars, accountability act. The guy is compulsive liar and a con man. He will say and do anything to save his or his boyfriends jobs.

That's exactly why I don't like this ridiculous scheme. Its too **** complex. We faced a run first Nebraska team that ripped us for 370 yards rushing and we get the bit about lack of execution. Really? In year 4?

It seems like the defense needs to solve a few differential equations in order to figure out what gap to fill. If guys like Bush Armbrister and Perryman have to do that much thinking in their 3rd and 4th years then why are we even bothering to run this stupid scheme?

All this complex crap just to get from point A to point B. Seems like the kids have to play a near flawless game for it to work. It unravels much too easily.

Last edited:
If you don't beat VT and FSU you lose your job as a Miami coach. Those are must wins every year to be great. yet in year 4 here's a coach losing sleep over Duke, North Carolina, and I'm not talking about basketball.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back