Defense 1 Game Improvement is "Trust"

According to Al in the Herald, "the defense improvement is due to trust". Look I'm done bashing Al, but how obscure is that! What does it mean? Pretty much leaves those kids open to obscurity in review of their performances. Since they can't defend their scheme, obscurity is the next best thing.

Advertisement
The trust gimmick isn't that obscure actually. Most failed corches resort to the trust shtick at some point in their floundering.

I'm guessing he means players are trusting their teammates to do their assignment, which means they don't go trying to "make a play" outside of their own assignment or something like that.

Sounds like the usual coach-speak to me. I'm in "show me" mode from now on. I need to see the same kind of defensive performance as in the Duke game for another four or five games in a row before I start to let myself believe again.

Advertisement
"...due to trust"
"need to execute better"
"need to tackle better"
etc etc

It's just more coachspeak from guys who are in over their heads and are looking to save their jobs.

This is exactly what it means. You can hate all day on these coaches but what we all saw at Duke WAS in fact what happens when that crazy-*** system is run right. For my tastes, I'd rather see a more attacking style but in the end....if it works...it works..

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is exactly what it means. You can hate all day on these coaches but what we all saw at Duke WAS in fact what happens when that crazy-*** system is run right. For my tastes, I'd rather see a more attacking style but in the end....if it works...it works..

It worked against a bunch of gimps just like it has many times in the past.

Golden's system works against teams with lesser talent. That's indisputable. Against teams with equal or greater talent, not so much.

Just get him and coach his speak out my face already. Tired of him and his car salesman shtick.

To be fair, even the gimps were putting up 500+ on us last year.

But like I said - I need to see this for at least four or five games in a row before I'm buying it.

Advertisement
If AG's schtick is wearing thin with this crowd, just imagine the players who are subjected to this on a daily basis. I'd lose my mind if I got thrown under the bus continually to the media, then my boss turns around and spouts off about pillars, trust and adhering to a process that nets some of the worst defenses in Canes history. Sheesh, enough already. Just win and play better defense.

Does anyone expect this disingenuous stubborn scumbag with a 300-page binder to admit his system was a pile of steaming hot garbage, and they did in fact have to change things in order to get results?

Maybe just maybe it means the players are trusting their teammates to stick to their assignments and not freelance

But anytime Golden says something here comes the same people to bash.... He could say the sky is blue today and you guys would rip him. You guys get so worked up over words its unreal

To be fair, even the gimps were putting up 500+ on us last year.

But like I said - I need to see this for at least four or five games in a row before I'm buying it.

Duke was a much better team last year, and they were better prepared. So far, we've played two decent teams and got whipped by both.

3.5 years of evidence. Color me skeptical of this newfound trust after hammering a terribly overmatched opponent at home.

Advertisement
Back