Deejay declares

Advertisement
Glad for him. Hope he got he finished his degree. Its really the only thing that matters for him. Having a kid, got to put food on the table.

good move and the right one for him. Has a kid and needs to make some bitcoin! The others, Garvin, Thomas and Bandy huge mistakes. Garvin will get drafted 5th or 6th rd, the other two probably don't. Will sign as UDFA and struggle to make practice squads...

Advertisement
Love DJ, true Cane and ambassador for this once storied program. I think he would've played in the bowl game like Shaq if not for injury. He'd be perfect in Dallas tho😉. Wish him well!!

A real G.

I just wish he had a legendary moment for this school. He deserved one.

It doesn't matter where he is drafted. Go find a team that where he can make the depth chart and by season's end, he'll get pro carries. Unless you're a R1 RB, its all about the second contract anyway.

Advertisement
Best of Luck to Deejay! 2nd day pick IMO. Will flourish wherever he lands. Gave his all every game!

It sucks for these guys. They're bailing early (who can blame them) because the program is a shambles. Unfortunately I don't see many getting drafted before the third round if at all.

Wish DJ the best and success in his next endeavor. The man bled orange and green and showed it on the field. He reminds me of Chris Carson just 2in shorter.

Advertisement
Easily my favorite Cane. Whoever drafts him won’t regret it. Best wishes to him & his family. He’s made watching Miami more bearable. Much respect 🙌🏼

Advertisement
Finally. A smart move in declaring. Wish nothing but the best for this kid. I legitimately feared him coming back and getting injured.

Funny that all of us saying this (and would still say it even if the cupboard was bare at RB) would still get accused of only caring about our college team and not actually caring about these kids maximizing their earning potential by those that always defend ANY kid leaving and bristle when anybody says it wasn't the smartest move in specific instances where it's obviously not.

Deejay seems tailor made for being a late round pick that outshines a lot of guys picked ahead of him. He's shifty with good vision, has decent speed, and probably his biggest asset is receiving the ball out of the backfield. I could see him becoming a great third down back.

Advertisement
Back