DeeJay Dallas

Since when do you have to be fast to make a great play? So he scored a touchdown big deal are you just going to be satisfied with one long run against one of the worst defenses and a nice punt return?

Since when does gaining weight automatically mean you get slower? Face it, you're just making up the part where he's slower because you saw he gained weight and he has "only" rushed for 600 yds and 6 TDs. Bottom line is that you have nothing to back up your assertion except your eye. And you'll pardon me if I don't think highly of that.

Advertisement
This is my biggest issue with the culture here.
He's made some plays, yes. However, why would we not want him to work to get better?

It takes drive and the constant desire to improve to go from good to great.

Him losing excess weight would do nothing but help him get better. So why does everyone get so defensive when folks point it out?

And this is coming from a huge Deejay fan. Just never understood why we as a fan base wouldn't want him to reach his full potential.

Nobody said he shouldn't work to get better, but some of us think the idea he's slower is made up. If he drops some fat that's great, but there's no reason to think he's gotten slower, other than the assumption that everybody who gets bigger has to get slower.

He's made some plays, yes. However, why would we not want him to work to get better?

Him losing excess weight would do nothing but help him get better. So why does everyone get so defensive when folks point it out?

And this is coming from a huge Deejay fan. Just never understood why we as a fan base wouldn't want him to reach his full potential.

He chose to add weight because he thought it would make him better. Based on the stats, he's playing better. He's still making people miss, still busting big plays and he's breaking more tackles.

Advertisement
Please lose that 20 pounds you put on last off-season and regain that explosiveness you lost. The punt return reminded me who you are. You are dangerous in space. You are what you are and that’s a phenomenal athlete where you can be lined up all over the field.

You aren’t a pure running back but that’s not to say you can’t take handoffs from time to time. I would love to see you in the slot and on WR screens as you are elusive and have a great ability to make people miss.
I read that first sentence and thought my girl posted that.

He hasn’t gotten slower. There is no evidence to support that. It’s a myth. Same thing people said when Duke gained weight.

His yards per carry has gone up with more workload. He’s busted long runs and returns.

The only issues with DeeJay are: 1) fumbles and 2) the way we use him. He’s running great.
Totally agree

Canesfan4508 commenting that Canesfan0024 has the best comment? Hahaha. Case of dual accounts?
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Since when does gaining weight automatically mean you get slower? Face it, you're just making up the part where he's slower because you saw he gained weight and he has "only" rushed for 600 yds and 6 TDs. Bottom line is that you have nothing to back up your assertion except your eye. And you'll pardon me if I don't think highly of that.

@Canesfan0024 be sure to read this after you wipe your drool.

Dallas has had a really good year (minus the fumbles).

He has good speed - but I don't think he ever was or will be a burner, at any weight.

But I wouldn't be surprised if 215 lbs. is a more ideal weight for him than 220 lbs. No need for some huge weight loss, but trimming up might help.

My preference would be for him to drop a little weight and work out of the slot. He could become even more elusive in space and I believe the big gain plays would increase. Still use him as an occasional wildcat/RB, but design plays that will get him into space where he’s the most lethal and dangerous.

He hasn’t gotten slower. There is no evidence to support that. It’s a myth. Same thing people said when Duke gained weight.

His yards per carry has gone up with more workload. He’s busted long runs and returns.

The only issues with DeeJay are: 1) fumbles and 2) the way we use him. He’s running great.
Let me state I’m a huge Dallas fan. With that said 80% of the fan base will say he’s indeed fat and carrying bad weight and has lost a step cause of it. That’s blatant.

Also look at what DeeJay did against some of the best defenses last year. 8.0 ypc against Clemson and Wisconsin and those are the two best defenses we faced. Take away his long run against Duke and since the FSU game he was at just over 3 yards per carry. That’s not very good.

Advertisement
He chose to add weight because he thought it would make him better. Based on the stats, he's playing better. He's still making people miss, still busting big plays and he's breaking more tackles.
He is? Sans an 80 yard run against the 117th worst run D in America he was at 3.3 yards a carry since the FSU game against some really bad teams.

Could it be the extra weight wore down his legs, who knows. But reality is he didn’t have those ankle breaking cuts he had all of last year and we tried to make him someone he isn’t. He was never a burner but was fast enough last year to get to the edge I.E Nortre Dame and Wisconsin. It’s clear as day he lost a step.

Advertisement

I agree with you brother. His money spot was in the slot. Numbers at RB was why he ended up there. Not sure we still have enough confidence/depth in the backfield yet to move him. Not even sure the coaches would. But for his future I do agree he should be moved.

Advertisement
Back