DeeJay Dallas

Canesfan0024

Recruit
Banned
Please lose that 20 pounds you put on last off-season and regain that explosiveness you lost. The punt return reminded me who you are. You are dangerous in space. You are what you are and that’s a phenomenal athlete where you can be lined up all over the field.

You aren’t a pure running back but that’s not to say you can’t take handoffs from time to time. I would love to see you in the slot and on WR screens as you are elusive and have a great ability to make people miss.

Advertisement
Please lose that 20 pounds you put on last off-season and regain that explosiveness you lost. The punt return reminded me who you are. You are dangerous in space. You are what you are and that’s a phenomenal athlete where you can be lined up all over the field.

You aren’t a pure running back but that’s not to say you can’t take handoffs from time to time. I would love to see you in the slot and on WR screens as you are elusive and have a great ability to make people miss.
most spot on comment ive read today!!!!

Canesfan4508 commenting that Canesfan0024 has the best comment? Hahaha. Case of dual accounts?

Fr he should be no more than 210.

Advertisement
I.... agree.

He should be used more as a weapon at both WR and RB. He needs to cut down and get back to being one of these modern hybrids weapons an OC can use as a chess piece.

He’s bulked up too much now and looks like a greased state fair pig. Every time he busts a run I hear a bell ringing and am waiting for a bunch of hayseeds to chase after him.

I disagree gotta be able to take punishment as a running back. Losing 20lbs is way too much. He’ll continue to get in better shape at his current weight and I like how he runs with that extra size on him. He’s tough to bring down and still got those shifty feet.

I disagree gotta be able to take punishment as a running back. Losing 20lbs is way too much. He’ll continue to get in better shape at his current weight and I like how he runs with that extra size on him. He’s tough to bring down and still got those shifty feet.
Of course you do Mr. Contrarian. He’s not a running and doesn’t have a future in the NFL as one. He could find a niche as a third down back or someone you can line up all over the place a la Duke Johnson or Jame White.

Advertisement

Well, he did manage to carry that 20lbs, you say he should lose, all the way to the endzone.

He hasn’t gotten slower. There is no evidence to support that. It’s a myth. Same thing people said when Duke gained weight.

His yards per carry has gone up with more workload. He’s busted long runs and returns.

The only issues with DeeJay are: 1) fumbles and 2) the way we use him. He’s running great.

He hasn’t gotten slower. There is no evidence to support that. It’s a myth. Same thing people said when Duke gained weight.

His yards per carry has gone up with more workload. He’s busted long runs and returns.

The only issues with DeeJay are: 1) fumbles and 2) the way we use him. He’s running great.

He has, but I would say it's very slight. There were a few plays this year where he couldn't get the corner and he looked to be a little sluggish. But losing 20 is crazy. His ability to make people miss is not due to his wiggle (which is good, by the way), but it's due in large part to his increased size and strength. Go watch all 12 games and count how many times people hit him but don't make the tackle. He's not Barry Sanders, but he wasn't/wouldn't be 20 pounds lighter either. He doesn't make people miss entirely. He just has subtle movements to avoid square hits and he runs through tackles. IMO he should maybe try to shed about 5 pounds and work strictly on his quickness this off-season.

Also, agree totally that his usage is criminal and downright negligent by the staff. He and Homer should be on the field together a lot more. Again, he's clearly one of your best 11 on offense. As is Homer. So why does it have to be one or the other. ESPECIALLY now with the loss of the TEs...put him in the slot and/or H-back. I said all summer I was hoping he'd be used how NC State used Jaylen Samuels last year. But then again, that would've been creative.....

Advertisement

Stop the nonsense DeeJay didn’t play against Toledo or BCC last year he only played against conference teams. He had some long runs this year against Toledo and Duke and had a good game against FIU. Facts are misleading here. Anyone who knows football he looked fat and way slower than a year ago. Remember the jet sweep against ND last year, no way he makes the piling if it were this year.

3. Talks too much without backing it up.

Advertisement
OP is correct at the college level. A slimmer DJ has more waggle and that can be more productive at the college level. However, if he hopes to have a career in the NFL he needs to keep that weight and learn to run with more of a lean and focus on more of a north-south running style.

I guess those extra pounds prevented DJ from housing it 73 yards against Duke? I guess those extra pounds prevented DJ from housing the punt return against Pitt?

Get TFOOH.

Advertisement
Back