DeeJay Dallas

Advertisement
Wright should be a take I don't understand why he's not rs solid depth

Don't get it either. He's a solid prospect.

We should be on Telfort, Wright, Allen, Nadarius ***an, Deandre Johnson, and Felix, and not as desperation moves either. Should have always been takes. Need those South Florida kids.

Do we have 35 spots? Telfort was committed and then backed off. He made his bed. Wright also had the chance earlier in the cycle and has dragged his feet. ***an is decent, but we are loaded at LB right now and we are going to land McFarland, so don't see the need for a marginal prospect like Felix. Johnson might be the only person I agree with you on.

Allen doesn't have a single offer from a Big 3 school and he's from the Muck, what does that tell you?

1. Agree on Telfort. Absolutely played himself and shouldn't have decommitted and had a subpar State Title run. Still should be a take. Just like McKitty was after he decommitted.

2. I don't think we're loaded at LB. We're actually kinda thin and need some quality depth there. ***an is good enough to get some burn here. He's certainly better than Smith, McCray, Gordiner (who can't stay on the field), or any of the other backups besides maybe Owens (who still isn't 100 %).

3. And if we don't land McFarland? And even if we do, guess what, you have an athletic freak at like Felix to devote to special teams or wherever else you want him. You never turn down an electric athlete.

4. In regards to Allen, it tells me exactly why he is committed to Oregon State -- for now. Lattrell Williams had no offers from the Big 3 either, and now he's at Tennessee. Things can change rather quickly. Clearly there is something going on.

No, we don't have 35 spots, but we need all the depth we can get. These guys aren't bums or reaches, they're from here, and they are better than nothing (and I don't say that as some sort of "settling" statement). We have walk-ons practicing, man.

1. If we don't land Slaton and Herbert, we can revisit passing on Telfort. I'll let the process play out and trust that the staff feels good there

2. If you recall, Gordinier was going to start at LB before going down with an injury. In addition to the depth that we already have, Steed, Wilder and Jennings are arguably better prospects than ***an. Not every local kid can get an offer.

3. Pete thinks McFarland is a lock so I will defer to him on that

4. Williams didn't play a single snap this year at Tennessee so I don't see how comparing Allen to him makes your point anymore valid

Gordiner wasn't going to start at LB. He got passed by Shaq and he got hurt the second game of the year. He is a backup. Idk where you got your info that he was going to start

We should be on Telfort, Wright, Allen, Nadarius ***an, Deandre Johnson, and Felix, and not as desperation moves either. Should have always been takes. Need those South Florida kids.

Do we have 35 spots? Telfort was committed and then backed off. He made his bed. Wright also had the chance earlier in the cycle and has dragged his feet. ***an is decent, but we are loaded at LB right now and we are going to land McFarland, so don't see the need for a marginal prospect like Felix. Johnson might be the only person I agree with you on.

Allen doesn't have a single offer from a Big 3 school and he's from the Muck, what does that tell you?

1. Agree on Telfort. Absolutely played himself and shouldn't have decommitted and had a subpar State Title run. Still should be a take. Just like McKitty was after he decommitted.

2. I don't think we're loaded at LB. We're actually kinda thin and need some quality depth there. ***an is good enough to get some burn here. He's certainly better than Smith, McCray, Gordiner (who can't stay on the field), or any of the other backups besides maybe Owens (who still isn't 100 %).

3. And if we don't land McFarland? And even if we do, guess what, you have an athletic freak at like Felix to devote to special teams or wherever else you want him. You never turn down an electric athlete.

4. In regards to Allen, it tells me exactly why he is committed to Oregon State -- for now. Lattrell Williams had no offers from the Big 3 either, and now he's at Tennessee. Things can change rather quickly. Clearly there is something going on.

No, we don't have 35 spots, but we need all the depth we can get. These guys aren't bums or reaches, they're from here, and they are better than nothing (and I don't say that as some sort of "settling" statement). We have walk-ons practicing, man.

1. If we don't land Slaton and Herbert, we can revisit passing on Telfort. I'll let the process play out and trust that the staff feels good there

2. If you recall, Gordinier was going to start at LB before going down with an injury. In addition to the depth that we already have, Steed, Wilder and Jennings are arguably better prospects than ***an. Not every local kid can get an offer.

4. Williams didn't play a single snap this year at Tennessee so I don't see how comparing Allen to him makes your point anymore valid

Gordiner wasn't going to start at LB. He got passed by Shaq and he got hurt the second game of the year. He is a backup. Idk where you got your info that he was going to start

Gordinier was going to get starter type snaps. He was going to be big for the unit.

He was listed as "or" on the FAMU depth chart at Will, Mike and Sam positions didn't have that. So it's safe to say that he would have got a lot of burn this year and would have helped us. Coaches mentioned his name a few times during spring/summer.

Also was injured in the first game very early, not the second.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
That's a good pickup for Kentucky. Schools like Kentucky should go after South florida prospects like Wright every single year. More often than not, they'll end up with a solid college football player.

He was listed as "or" on the FAMU depth chart at Will, Mike and Sam positions didn't have that. So it's safe to say that he would have got a lot of burn this year and would have helped us. Coaches mentioned his name a few times during spring/summer.

Also was injured in the first game very early, not the second.
Snap count yes I'm not saying he was not going to be a part of the rotation and see the field often because that was knownZ the staff likes him a lot. Ihe was my underrated recruit that would make an impact. But he wasn't going to be the starter over Shaq.

Advertisement
Back