Dear FSU...

And please cut out the Strength of schedule BS. We are in the fcking ACC, you win the league you go to the playoff. Cut it out.

Advertisement
Beating an undefeated FSU team helps The U more. Why would anyone be against that?

going 13-0, beating FSU twice and then beating #1 Bama in the playoffs helps the U even more.

since we're discussing hypotheticals, why not go with that one?

Now how is what you said NOT rooting for FSU to win games? How, exactly, does FSU get to the ACCCG so we can beat them twice NOT involve them winning some games?

You stupid ba$tards are too stupid to even know you're stupid. You're perfectly fine with FSU winning 9, 10, or 11 games and making it to the ACCCG, but trashing me over which game?

heres a list of teams you can cheer for instead that will still help our SOS

virginia tech vs west virginia
virginia tech vs clemson

north carolina vs Cal

notre dame vs everyone they play

georgia tech vs Tenn
georgia tech vs georgia
georgia tech vs Clemson

virginia vs louisville

pitt vs Penn st
pitt vs oklahoma st

but if you hoenstly feel like you need to pull for FSU..

you can pull for florida to win all their games too & then cheer for FSU against them

Yeah how about you blow it out your a$$ and let me watch the games the way I want to watch them?

I don't need my fan status validated by some weirdo on a message board. Dude like that are the type of dudes at the gym trying to sneek a peek at everybody's wiener to see where they measure up as a man, but are completely oblivious to the fact that they're checking out other dudes' d****

I never said anything about checking out dudes ****s in the gym, so this closet of yours is a lot deeper than I first thought, but its funny that you talk about not needing validation while at the same time seeking validation from fsu.

Any team is only as good as the teams they beat. It's that simple. Suggesting that I'm not a fan because I want us to play AND BEAT the best competition available, so that no one could possibly deny what we have accomplished is flat out retarded, but intelligence seems to be in short supply around here.
Your wasting your breathe .... there are some brain dead dip ****s on here. The fact we are 7 pages into this is proof. Guys are running away from from the opportunity to play a #1 FSU team because they would rather celebrate their hatred for FSU than acknowledge logic

what logic do you speak of?

FSU winning doesn't do us one **** bit of good no matter how you spin it

this isn't the bcs era, so what logic is this?

You do know there is a committee and SoS is a primary factor in the decision making, right?

And please cut out the Strength of schedule BS. We are in the fcking ACC, you win the league you go to the playoff. Cut it out.

So you're telling me that if #4 USC, #1 Bama, and #7 Oklahoma all win out and #2 Ohio State's only loss is a close one to Oklahome, you think the ACC gets an automatic bid no matter what?

Advertisement
This whole notion that some of you guys have about them beating bama and being number 1 is fcking disgusting. They lose week 1, follow up with a blowout and they're still top 10 and the game is still prime time. We haven't beaten them in 7 seasons and you want them to beat bama in a massive game and have as much momentum as a team can possibly have 3 weeks into the season. Just last season they had no juice whatsoever and still got us. But you want them to come into the game number 1, fresh off beating the most dominant team this fcking decade.OP you are dumb af. Anyone else who agrees with that logic is dumb too as simple as that. I will never root for them.... EVER.
Yeah, that's exactly what I want. Call me crazy ... I want to be "back". That means wanting everyone's b st shot and playing the best wherever. This is so simple ... the chance to play the top ranked team in the country. Yeah, I want that

And you're telling me if we beat FSU in tally then run the table and win the ACC, we won't get in? Cause if I'm not mistaken you did just include a team with a loss.

They bout to get smashed by bama. I just hope that frenchy makes it to our game in one piece so we can beat the **** outta him

you hope their star QB is healthy when we play them?

mods ban this guy

You probably like participation trophies. Me saying I want our guys to kick his *** because I don't want to here ish about our qb was out and that's why you won from those rednecks and really that's old school canes mentality. Come with all your best guys and we will still kick you ***. You go ahead with you hot takes on stupid position changes and other stuff that will never happen your better at it.

And you're telling me if we beat FSU in tally then run the table and win the ACC, we won't get in? Cause if I'm not mistaken you did just include a team with a loss.

This at least is a sensible question. Ohio State, in this scenario will have had to have beaten #6 Penn State and #11 Michigan, probably one of those teams twice. With what's left on our schedule, I wouldn't exactly call it a lock either way. I could definitely see them using the "Alabama softened them up for Miami," excuse to put one of those teams in ahead of us.

Again, in this scenario, it all depends on how FSU's season goes. It's a long shot scenario, but they all are. I actually think that ESPN and the rest of the sports media consider us a second tier ACC team behind Clemson, FSU, and Louisville, and my prediction is that the Atlantic is going to cannibalize itself this year between those three and NC State bouncing one or two of them on the sheer strength of their defense. I could definitely see us in the ACCCG against a 9-3 FSU/Clemson/Louisville, and I'm not willing to wait on that to be our signature win of the season.

Advertisement
they will lose to bama no doubt but will probably still be top 15 when we play them, what will be sweet is giving them their 2nd loss and knocking them out of the top 25

They're still Top 10 and ranked ahead of us when we play them. Losing to #1 Bama won't drop them too far.

Too many question marks on offense for them and Charles Kelly on D. They lose to Bama and Miami for those reasons.

Clemson says hello too.

Oh yeah, no doubt about it. Especially with Clemson at home. FSU wins 9 or 10 this year, but no way are they a playoff team. Much like last year.

Beating an undefeated FSU team helps The U more. Why would anyone be against that?

going 13-0, beating FSU twice and then beating #1 Bama in the playoffs helps the U even more.

Now how is what you said NOT rooting for FSU to win games? How, exactly, does FSU get to the ACCCG so we can beat them twice NOT involve them winning some games?

You stupid ba$tards are too stupid to even know you're stupid. You're perfectly fine with FSU winning 9, 10, or 11 games and making it to the ACCCG, but trashing me over which game?

try and keep up, guy. i was using your lame hypothetical in which you so desperately want our wins against FSU to count for something.

i'' be cheering for FSU to lose every game they play, with the exception of UF. when that time comes, i'll decide who i want to win.

heres a list of teams you can cheer for instead that will still help our SOS

virginia tech vs west virginia
virginia tech vs clemson

north carolina vs Cal

notre dame vs everyone they play

georgia tech vs Tenn
georgia tech vs georgia
georgia tech vs Clemson

virginia vs louisville

pitt vs Penn st
pitt vs oklahoma st

but if you hoenstly feel like you need to pull for FSU..

you can pull for florida to win all their games too & then cheer for FSU against them

Yeah how about you blow it out your a$$ and let me watch the games the way I want to watch them?

you can cheer for whoever you want. you're just not a canes fan if you're cheering for FSU to beat bama.

we have guys in here doing mental gymnastics, bending over backward, playing 4D chess, in order to justify cheering for FSU.

the only way an FSU win over bama ends up helping us is a scenario in which we lose a game...and that game cant be FSU.

so tell me.. who are we going to lose to?

Advertisement

This at least is a sensible question. Ohio State, in this scenario will have had to have beaten #6 Penn State and #11 Michigan, probably one of those teams twice. With what's left on our schedule, I wouldn't exactly call it a lock either way. I could definitely see them using the "Alabama softened them up for Miami," excuse to put one of those teams in ahead of us.

Again, in this scenario, it all depends on how FSU's season goes. It's a long shot scenario, but they all are. I actually think that ESPN and the rest of the sports media consider us a second tier ACC team behind Clemson, FSU, and Louisville, and my prediction is that the Atlantic is going to cannibalize itself this year between those three and NC State bouncing one or two of them on the sheer strength of their defense. I could definitely see us in the ACCCG against a 9-3 FSU/Clemson/Louisville, and I'm not willing to wait on that to be our signature win of the season.

This ************...

We haven't won 10 games in 13 years, reached the ACCCG in just as many, beat FSU in 8 or looked anything like a decent team for more than the past 8 months or so.

And now you're concerned with what the committee will think if we run the table and win the ACC?

Just stfu already, please.

going 13-0, beating FSU twice and then beating [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] Bama in the playoffs helps the U even more.

try and keep up, guy. i was using your lame hypothetical in which you so desperately want our wins against FSU to count for something.

i'' be cheering for FSU to lose every game they play, with the exception of UF. when that time comes, i'll decide who i want to win.

No I get that, and believe me, I understand the FSU hate. But in the following scenario:

"CANEZZ4LIFE said:
And please cut out the Strength of schedule BS. We are in the fcking ACC, you win the league you go to the playoff. Cut it out."
Loose Cannon said:
"So you're telling me that if #4 USC, #1 Bama, and #7 Oklahoma all win out and #2 Ohio State's only loss is a close one to Oklahome, you think the ACC gets an automatic bid no matter what?"

If this happens and FSU ends up 1-11, winning only to Florida, then yes. A 13-0 Miami ACC Champion probably does get snubbed. The CFP has set the precedent every year that losing a close game against a top tier team is better than winning against a bunch of bad teams.

going 13-0, beating FSU twice and then beating [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] Bama in the playoffs helps the U even more.

No I get that, and believe me, I understand the FSU hate. But in the following scenario:

"CANEZZ4LIFE said:
And please cut out the Strength of schedule BS. We are in the fcking ACC, you win the league you go to the playoff. Cut it out."
Loose Cannon said:
"So you're telling me that if #4 USC, #1 Bama, and #7 Oklahoma all win out and #2 Ohio State's only loss is a close one to Oklahome, you think the ACC gets an automatic bid no matter what?"

If this happens and FSU ends up 1-11, winning only to Florida, then yes. A 13-0 Miami ACC Champion probably does get snubbed. The CFP has set the precedent every year that losing a close game against a top tier team is better than winning against a bunch of bad teams.

they wont put a one loss ohio st in the playoffs that already lost to one of the other 3 playoff teams if there is a 13-0 ACC champion miami.

but again, since we're playing the hypothetical game. you can cheer for clemson to win all of their games, right? because i can guarantee you if miami goes 13-0 and their ACC champ game win is over a 12-0 clemson. they are getting in.

Advertisement

This ************...

We haven't won 10 games in 13 years, reached the ACCCG in just as many, beat FSU in 8 or looked anything like a decent team for more than the past 8 months or so.

And now you're concerned with what the committee will think if we run the table and win the ACC?

Alright, I'll bite. How many years has it been since what you're hoping for actually took place, Mr. I hope FSU loses every game? How many years has it been since FSU lost every game?

Tell me.

FSU is going to win some games. They have never NOT won some games. Ever. It is not cheering for FSU to realize that they can't lose them all, so why not let the ones they win benefit us all. If you're so **** confident that we're not going to amount to much this season, and that winning against FSU is our ceiling, and we better **** hope that Alabama stomps their a$$ and injures a few key players for us to have a chance in that one, why the **** are you calling for me to be banned? Why don't you leave and come back next year when or whatever year you think we'll be once again capable of playing the best teams and beating the best teams.

Because I think it's this year.

"CANEZZ4LIFE said:
Loose Cannon said:

they wont put a one loss ohio st in the playoffs that already lost to one of the other 3 playoff teams if there is a 13-0 ACC champion miami.

but again, since we're playing the hypothetical game. you can cheer for clemson to win all of their games, right? because i can guarantee you if miami goes 13-0 and their ACC champ game win is over a 12-0 clemson. they are getting in.

**** yes I'd be cool with that. My only point has ever been that FSU beating Bama helps our case. I never said I was going to cheer for them. I think we're a good ball team this year, and I just don't want to sit through 4 months of the media making excuses for FSU after we beat them. I want them to spend all of week three hyping them up and talking about nothing else but how they are the best team in the country hands down.

Then I want us to go into Doak and snatch their souls.

When this Bama dynasty ends... and it will end.

I want them to say that it was Miami that rightfully took it's place back atop the college football world. before bama, we were the biggest, baddest dynasty. its should be us to take it back from them ourselves. not FSU. i want to take them out in the playoffs this year. and then again the next year. and the year after.

when they write about Saban in the history books, i want the last chapters to be about how even at his pinnacle, once miami found its footing with Richt, even mighty bama & saban were no match for the Canes. i want them at their best. thats how i want us to be remembered.

FSU will be a footnote.

This ************...

Alright, I'll bite. How many years has it been since what you're hoping for actually took place, Mr. I hope FSU loses every game? How many years has it been since FSU lost every game?

Tell me.

FSU is going to win some games. They have never NOT won some games. Ever. It is not cheering for FSU to realize that they can't lose them all, so why not let the ones they win benefit us all. If you're so **** confident that we're not going to amount to much this season, and that winning against FSU is our ceiling, and we better **** hope that Alabama stomps their a$$ and injures a few key players for us to have a chance in that one, why the **** are you calling for me to be banned? Why don't you leave and come back next year when or whatever year you think we'll be once again capable of playing the best teams and beating the best teams.

Because I think it's this year.

Saying I hope FSU loses every game doesn't actually ******* mean I think it's going to happen. FSU is going to win some games...no ******* ****. We're simply saying we ******* hate them and wish to see them lose as much as possible. Can you ******* comprehend that?

I'm not saying I don't think we can have a good season, I think we will. And I think we can beat FSU. The point everyone is trying to make is that if we take care of our business, we're in. Period. But you want to bring in 1,000 hypotheticals and argue with everyone who is telling you to stop wasting your ******* time on that.

Advertisement
Back