DE Shelton Johnson (Atlantic HS Delray Beach FL) 2015

Advertisement
When's the last dude we got from Delray? The last I remember at least going to that high school we recruited was Preston Parker

Advertisement
When's the last dude we got from Delray? The last I remember at least going to that high school we recruited was Preston Parker

Keef 'Salute the Hoot' Bryant was the last guy i remember recruiting from there.

Keef 'Salute the Hoot' Bryant was the last guy i remember recruiting from there.

oh gotcha. didn't know that was where he was from. Didn't think we'd ever really get him so I didn't pay him that much attention.

Advertisement
VT has done well in Delray. Brandon Flowers CB, Jayron Hosley CB, Luther Maddy DT, David Clowney WR, Mark Leal QB. Preston Parker went to FSU, Karnell Hatcher went to LSU, James Louis went to OSU and then looked to transfer here but ended up at FIU. We haven't done that well there for the amount of talent they've had. The Hokies have gotten 3, soon to be 4 NFL players from there. We did get Orlando Franklin and Mike Rumph from Atlantic HS though.

Based on numbers, is it either Johnson or Strowbridge??

Seems like different positions for those 2, think the staff took McIntosh over Strowbridge.

Strowbridge is similar to McIntosh, more SDE. Johnson looks more WDE, but we have Patchan and a bunch of other guys that could play there. I can't really figure out our front 7 recruiting. You could argue that Patchan, Johnson and then Jackson, Thomas, Smith, Harris could all play the same position, where there might be just the 1 rush DE/LB on the field. I can't really see any of them being asked to play in space, covering a RB or playing zone. Hope I'm wrong.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Based on numbers, is it either Johnson or Strowbridge??

Seems like different positions for those 2, think the staff took McIntosh over Strowbridge.

Strowbridge is similar to McIntosh, more SDE. Johnson looks more WDE, but we have Patchan and a bunch of other guys that could play there. I can't really figure out our front 7 recruiting. You could argue that Patchan, Johnson and then Jackson, Thomas, Smith, Harris could all play the same position, where there might be just the 1 rush DE/LB on the field. I can't really see any of them being asked to play in space, covering a RB or playing zone. Hope I'm wrong.

I think Patchan is gonna grow into a SDE and McIntosh is expected to grow into a WDE/DT. Johnson/whoever else would fit in at rush backer. For guys on the roster (from what I understand/project/guess), Chad is at SDE, and Jackson/Harris/Smith at rush backer. They probably overloaded the position last class but having too many pass rusher is never a problem. Smith/Jackson are probably only nickel rushers for the next few years anyway.

He's all FSU right now. Jimbo is all over him. He has good family and council. He has FSU #1
He loved LSU and Jimbo offered him "LSU in Florida" it worked…..

Miami #2

Last edited:
He's all FSU right now. Jimbo is all over him. He has good family and council. He has FSU #1
He loved LSU and Jimbo offered him "LSU in Florida" it worked…..

Miami #2

He is not a take for FSU right now they are chasing guys like Sweat, Cowart, Jefferson and already have a commitment from Barnett and all are more highly ranked then Johnson

Advertisement
Back