DE Shelton Johnson (Atlantic HS Delray Beach FL) 2015

His vide ]o not much to look at, but he is young. Needs to definitely get stronger. Seems to have a decent burst though.

Advertisement
Alabama, FSU, UF and UM are on him hard. It's between us and an SEC school i'm not going to mention here. His parents want him at UM, along with his coach. Wait and see. We are in it until the end. Saben called him personally yo offer. fwiw

According to PBPost he has offers from FAU, Kentucky, Miami, South Carolina. I would love to connect with Atlantic High and the other Delray Beach high school. Too many VaTech stars came out of Delray Beach. We need to shut it down.
T.J. Jackson, obviously you know, went to VT. He has an EXCELLENT relationship with Al. He wasn't a part of chief keef's garbage two years ago. The kid is T.J.'s nephew and BLOOD. No games will be played by this kid. His recruitment will be real. We have a better than 50/50 shot at him and the UM offer is committable.

What school is the other 50% school in his recruitment?

Go Canes
i honestly don't know what school will become the greatest threat. I know right now we are in a good position to land him. However, theres ALWAYS another school that is, the "side school". We shall see….
i know what school it is now. It's best to wait and see. He is NOT #1 on their board. They are slow playing him. fwiw

His film is more impressive than Richard McIntosh, Kirk Livingston, and Jason Strowbridge. He KILLED it at FSU camp this week. I hope we land him, I think he will play as a true freshman for Miami..... He's the real deal

Advertisement
Advertisement
http://espn760.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=34181

Jun 02, 2014 -- 2:48pm
ESPN West Palm's "coach", Chris Kokell, gives a comprehesive film breakdown of high school football prospects across Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast.
SHELTON JOHNSON
Position: Defensive End
School: Atlantic (Class of 2015)
Height: 6-5
Weight: 225
Top Offers: Alabama, Florida Atlantic, Florida State, Miami, South Carolina, West Virginia
Note: Shelton Johnson can squat 520 lbs.
Where He Excels:
At 6’5", Shelton Johnson has long body and reach. Johnson also has an incredibly fast first step that he uses when he plays stand up defensive end and rushes the passer. He does a great job of getting his hands up and disrupting passing lanes. This fast get-off is also effective when Johnson fires out low and stunts inside. Johnson has the rare ability of being able to “get small” and split a double team despite the fact he's 6'5". He understands the game of football which helps him read plays and not be fooled by counters and screens. Long arms also help him when he tracks down run plays on the opposite side of the play. Gets through his gap, squares and scrapes down line to get running backs. High motor lets him track down plays.
What To Work On:
Johnson needs to get stronger and use this strength to be able to press offensive lineman to keep them off his body. Adding upper body strength should be the primary focus of the offseason. Slacks a little and loses technique on some plays. This is very common with big DL as we saw with Jadeveon Clowney during the NFL Draft.
Kokell's Film Analysis:
Shelton Johnson is hands down the best defensive lineman in Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast. His first step and big body lets him excel both against the run and the pass. More impressively, he can play the run both at him and going away. Johnson has so much upside with his big frame. An obvious major division one prospect, Johnson will flourish in college after two years of putting weight on and may only spend three years in college total. Very rarely do I say that you will see a kid playing on Sundays, but if Shelton Johnson keeps on this path of progression we will be hearing Roger Goodell call out his name.*

Here are his extended version Highlights released in June.

[video=youtube_share;QBmN5zSCS4o]http://youtu.be/QBmN5zSCS4o[/video]

This is the DE i wanted in this class real high ceiling instead staff focusing all their time in NJ :cigar:

Which is why Miami offered him well before anyone (incl. other colleges) had even heard of him?

Stay ignorant Miami fans.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back