2024 DE Lawal "LJ" McCray, Mainland HS

How does NIL work?

Lets say UF has already promised LJ a nice NIL package and he signed an agreement

Now say he flips, now what? Is it basically that the player has all the control
That’s how u know players are still getting bags. You can’t get the deal until after you sign? Or am I wrong

Advertisement
How does NIL work?

Lets say UF has already promised LJ a nice NIL package and he signed an agreement

Now say he flips, now what? Is it basically that the player has all the control

NIL is contingent on services rendered - if you are not on the team, the contract is voided. Any under the table payments are kept by the player, since they were illegal to begin with.

NIL is contingent on services rendered - if you are not on the team, the contract is voided. Any under the table payments are kept by the player, since they were illegal to begin with.
Makes sense

So at this point, FSU or Miami would either need more NIL money or restructure an exisitng players agreement

The whole thing is shady, having benefactors pay these players with no returns or any interest one day. Unless of course they get a piece of school revenue from the team winning

Makes sense

So at this point, FSU or Miami would either need more NIL money or restructure an exisitng players agreement

The whole thing is shady, having benefactors pay these players with no returns or any interest one day. Unless of course they get a piece of school revenue from the team winning

Its a marketing expense for a business, more valuable tax wise than a donation

Advertisement
I've got an oceanfront condo to sell you in Kentucky if you think we have a decent chance at 2/3.
Currently have the 11th ranked class, had the 8th last year. Guess we should stop recruiting because we aren’t going to do any better according to you.

Might as well cancel the remainder of the season, we have no shot at winning again even though we had the opportunity to tie the game with a minute left against the 4th ranked team in the country with a QB who completed 8 passes less than 4 days ago. Not sure why we even bother playing the games anymore

Currently have the 11th ranked class, had the 8th last year. Guess we should stop recruiting because we aren’t going to do any better according to you.

Might as well cancel the remainder of the season, we have no shot at winning again even though we had the opportunity to tie the game with a minute left against the 4th ranked team in the country with a QB who completed 8 passes less than 4 days ago. Not sure why we even bother playing the games anymore

To get to 9 wins Miami needs to win out vs a Louisville team that we don’t matchup as well as Miami did vs FSU and whoever the bowl game will be minus the guys who will most likely go pro before the game. BC game in the cold = who knows what happens.

8th in recuiting means a lot of flips plus more teams besides UF to have their class fall apart in front of us. I said in another thread BEST case would be 8th, not a decent chance of it like you think.

Best Dline class in America isn’t happening.

The decent chance you think all 3 will happen is everything needs to go right for Miami, which based off of this year, TVD playing out the year because we have no other QBs .I just don’t see it. Would be ecstatic to be wrong but man that’s some optimism you have.

To get to 9 wins Miami needs to win out vs a Louisville team that we don’t matchup as well as Miami did vs FSU and whoever the bowl game will be minus the guys who will most likely go pro before the game. BC game in the cold = who knows what happens.

8th in recuiting means a lot of flips plus more teams besides UF to have their class fall apart in front of us. I said in another thread BEST case would be 8th, not a decent chance of it like you think.

Best Dline class in America isn’t happening.

The decent chance you think all 3 will happen is everything needs to go right for Miami, which based off of this year, TVD playing out the year because we have no other QBs .I just don’t see it. Would be ecstatic to be wrong but man that’s some optimism you have.
Didn’t say all 3, I said 2/3.

Louisville is better against the run but in every other category it’s a more favorable matchup for Miami than it was against FSU. Miami is a knee away from being underfeated at home this year.

BC, run game travels…especially in the cold. BC is as inconsistent of a team as you’ll find in the country. Unless we complete shoot ourselves in the foot. I’m talking worse than we did against NC state we will win by grinding it out.

It’s not like we are traveling to Michigan and then Georgia. There’s a reason this week is basically a pick ‘em for Vegas and next week we will probably be the slight favorite

Then the bowl game, the opposing team will be dealing with the same exact thing we will be. All bowl games outside of NY6 are a toss up

I’m pretty confident if you look at where we were this time of the year in the recruiting rankings it wasn’t as high as 11. 6-8 range is very doable given Mario’s history.

DL class is shot but it’s still very solid

Last edited:
Advertisement

Cliff notes please

What I’m hearing is that yeah definitely Miami is trying but like you think that yeah I don’t know it’s one of those things where I can see them getting a commit but sources close to that potential commit say it could go either way but like if I had to guess right now I’d say that maybe there could be good news like well before expected previously

Still getting those mcdonalds bags full of money on visits, the money handshakes, churches still getting those donations, none of those stopped.
Yup that sh won’t stop. Now they get to use legit money and dirty money. So it’s basically the same sh status quo

Advertisement
Advertisement
UF's class is on the verge of falling apart, especially if they lose their last two games. We certainly have the opportunity in our class but have to think FSU is all over him as well.

UF's class is on the verge of falling apart, especially if they lose their last two games. We certainly have the opportunity in our class but have to think FSU is all over him as well.
The buzz on outside sites has been that its going to be FSU in the end.

I know the insiders haven’t seemed confident here, but Mario needs to find a way to close him. Finishing the season on a high note is the only way to ease some pain from this blundered season. Make it happen Mario.
Got to finish the season right is only way you can get the class on point.. Cant falter at end and have nothing to sell while UF implodes.. They not tryna go from one sinking ship to the next

Advertisement
Back