2024 DE Lawal "LJ" McCray, Mainland HS

One9

Senior

"Joe Salave’a is doing a good job staying in touch with Mainland (Fla.) four-star defensive lineman LJ McCray who said he was close to visiting Miami this weekend before having to reschedule. Multiple staffers are in contact, McCrary said. He was one of the best, if not the best looking defensive linemen in Orlando on Sunday. Mario Cristobal landed a helicopter at his school in the spring to see him and that’s something that means a lot. Florida State, Auburn, and Alabama are a few others he mentioned." - 247's recruiting update from Under Armor's Orlando camp.

Advertisement

@gogeta4 mentions his pops is from Pompano and was a BCU coach.
...im kinda plugged inthere..might need to tell him send his son back down to the home team

The nation’s No. 90 overall player spent some of Friday and all day Saturday around the program where he was able to learn a lot about what the Hurricanes are doing.

“I definitely was paying a lot of attention to the coaches and how they coach, their coaching style. I definitely took away that I can see how they coach and how to better understand it,” McCray told InsideTheU.

Salave’a is the staffer running point on McCray, but Mario Cristobal and Taylor have been involved as well.

“I spent a good amount of time with [Taylor],” McCray said. “Definitely a huge factor and that would be cool to get coached by - come on man.”

Now that the 6-foot-6, 260-pounder has seen Miami for himself, the way he views the program is different.

“It definitely changes my perspective on Miami seeing it with my own eyes and to be here and to feel it. This visit definitely had a huge impact,” McCray said.

There are a few things that McCray is taking away from this visit.

“I saw a lot of things that I liked, but I really need sit down and think, ponder, about everything that I saw today. But I really liked everything I saw today. The campus is beautiful, the facilities are beautiful. It’s a lot going into it,” McCray said.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Corey, is there anyone that you don't like? Cause based on your evals, we'd be taking 85 kids per class. LOL

Advertisement
Back