2024 DE Lawal "LJ" McCray, Mainland HS

Advertisement
Speculation time assuming 12:00 = commit. Probably just dropping a top whatever for suspense, but…

If they get McCray, they’ll move to the #2 class in the country with three less commits than UGA and like five less than the next team behind them.

We can make fun of how it’ll all unfold down the road, but the fact is they’re running circles around everyone publicly right now. It’ll either be the greatest collapse in recruiting history (still lean that way), or…

Mario should never finish behind Billy in recruiting, or anyone in the state for that matter. That should be the bare minimum standard along with routine Top 10 classes. Let’s see where we stack up after the summer…no excuse for them to have a better class. I don’t care how much they’re shelling out on summer commits.

Good thing July is less than ten days away…we need to get the ball rolling on some blue chippers all month long.

kiefer sutherland fangirl challenge GIF

Advertisement
Really wanted this kid. Insiders are as quiet as I ever remember them being in the 10 years I'm here. Either sources have dried up , Mario has everything hush hush, or we're actually not in it for kids like we think we are. Something feels off to me tho.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve repeatedly driven the point home that July is when we took off last year and I expect to take off again starting in a week.

But you’re right in the sense that there’s something irking me currently. Maybe it’s just the impatience rising up as it does from time to time while other teams secure early commitments.

Maybe it’s the fact that we’re securing a ton of commitments from guys we assume are getting bumped up, when as of now we have just three players in the top 500. Ryan Mack and Barney won’t help that cause much (Barney is just outside the top 400 but still) - and yes guys like Pruitt and CWH are better than their ranking suggests by a good margin…but let’s not turn into UF and act like all our three-stars deserve to be top 200 players.

Very curious to see what unfolds during these next three weeks. I’m ready for the fireworks during they first week of July…because if by mid-July we’re in a similar boat to where we are now, the questions will increase and the negative noise will only get louder, thus creating more pressure.

Kid appears to love every school he visits. I personally never thought we were one of the real players for him so I never expected him. Highly touted Mainland kids usually stay up north.

We are gonna take a huge class if im guessing. Maybe around 30 players. So i expect close to 20 of them to be 4 or 5 star players. I think that would flip the roster. Give it a month then we can revisit the outlook. Im not gonna under play UF class but i sure as L not overplaying it in June either. No way. We live recruiting so people are prone to the emotional rollercoaster. At the end of the day i trust Mario. He done it plenty of times.

Also i would take our chances with this guy over the lizards right now

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back