2024 DE Lawal "LJ" McCray, Mainland HS

Advertisement
He’s definitely not the #1 DT. Justin Scott, David Stone, Armondo Blount are all better and rated higher. He’s a good player though would’ve loved to have him.
Hit that link it says 2 but my point is go look at the top 10 dts in the country it’s usually bama and ga getting two of the top 10 every **** year not this year since nil . Thats why they hate it everyone can buy recruits now they like they have done for years . Goat my @ss he just had way more talent than everyone else . How did

Advertisement
Composite matters the most. He's number 10 DT in composite ranking
McCray is #2, Scott #3, and Blount #9.

The crazy thing is that @BALLHAWKU is correct. Alabama doesn't have a top 15 DL or Edge. Georgia has 1 DL in the top 15 and no Edge in the top 15.

College football is changing. It will take a few more cycles.

I agree with CoachHayesFootball. He thinks this will be Saban's last year if he wins a natty. He would retire with 1 natty a head of Bear Bryant. Saban has more overall, but he's currently tied for Alabama natty's. I think this could be his last year regardless.

McCray is #2, Scott #3, and Blount #9.

The crazy thing is that @BALLHAWKU is correct. Alabama doesn't have a top 15 DL or Edge. Georgia has 1 DL in the top 15 and no Edge in the top 15.

College football is changing. It will take a few more cycles.

I agree with CoachHayesFootball. He thinks this will be Saban's last year if he wins a natty. He would retire with 1 natty a head of Bear Bryant. Saban has more overall, but he's currently tied for Alabama natty's. I think this could be his last year regardless.
You're looking at 247's rankings, not composite.

He’s the number 1 dt so how ? McGray is the number 1 Dt in this class

how he’s the number 2 Dt in the county https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=DL. Unless we’re talking about different people

I don’t think Saban and Kirby go off On3 ratings for their own personal big board. They clearly didn’t have LJ as high as others and that’s why they aren’t recruiting him.

Just answering the question how those schools aren’t involved for him. He really needs a year or two in the weight room before he is ready to play.

Advertisement
Have a feeling auburn has an open checkbook to close this cycle. It’s been said numerous times this dude is going to the largest bid. Going to be interesting
Isn’t their big NIL sponsor like the head of Lumber Liquidators? I feel like I saw timber was their big industry where the whale boosters are

Hit that link it says 2 but my point is go look at the top 10 dts in the country it’s usually bama and ga getting two of the top 10 every **** year not this year since nil . Thats why they hate it everyone can buy recruits now they like they have done for years . Goat my @ss he just had way more talent than everyone else . How did
I see what you’re saying. You had Texas A&M a few years ago that signed literally every 5* DL in the cycle. The problem now with stacking classes like that is some will always leave for the portal.

The portal is very weird it brings much more balance to college football and I like that aspect of it but there’s some aspects of it I don’t like…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back