*** DC/LB Coach WATCH Thread ***

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Best I could find without looking: HC, 10 assistants, 4 GA?
I believe that’s the current rule , it was passed a couple years ago. I was going off the previous one so I think @canesstevealum08 is right. Four ga’s and eleven coaches total.

Last edited:
The only way we can hire a DC & LB coach is if the guy we hire is the DC/LB coach lol.

If Manny is determined to call plays this year, whoever the next hire will be may be labeled as the DC but he will be a DC in title only, just like Thomas Brown was Richt’s “OC” even though he had no say in play calling whatsoever.

If Manny is willing to allow the next guy to call the Defense, then whoever gets hired will be the DC/LB coach & have play calling duties. But there’s no way to sign two coaches as on field assistants without moving someone like Patke to an off field role, which I don’t think will happen.

There’s only 1 on field assistant spot left, whoever it is will be named DC/LB coach, but depending on who it is & if Manny maintains that he will call the plays on Defense will determine if the DC is DC in title only or an actual play caller.

Hiring Bob Shoop as analyst indicates to me the next guy will be a recruiter at LB & Manny will be the de facto DC this season, because Shoop is a DC himself but he’s not really known as a recruiter, so Manny bringing him in is basically making him the co-DC as an analyst who won’t have to worry about crootin’ but will only have the specific duty of weekly game planning & helping Manny with Gameday play calling, because he’ll be is pair of eyes up in the booth & will be on the headsets telling Manny what looks the offense is in & giving him a rundown on what adjustments need to be made & which calls to make in situations. Think of it as a Spotter for a Recon Sniper (for those who are Military guys).

Advertisement
The only way we can hire a DC & LB coach is if the guy we hire is the DC/LB coach lol.

If Manny is determined to call plays this year, whoever the next hire will be may be labeled as the DC but he will be a DC in title only, just like Thomas Brown was Richt’s “OC” even though he had no say in play calling whatsoever.

If Manny is willing to allow the next guy to call the Defense, then whoever gets hired will be the DC/LB coach & have play calling duties. But there’s no way to sign two coaches as on field assistants without moving someone like Patke to an off field role, which I don’t think will happen.

There’s only 1 on field assistant spot left, whoever it is will be named DC/LB coach, but depending on who it is & if Manny maintains that he will call the plays on Defense will determine if the DC is DC in title only or an actual play caller.

Hiring Bob Shoop as analyst indicates to me the next guy will be a recruiter at LB & Manny will be the de facto DC this season, because Shoop is a DC himself but he’s not really known as a recruiter, so Manny bringing him in is basically making him the co-DC as an analyst who won’t have to worry about crootin’ but will only have the specific duty of weekly game planning & helping Manny with Gameday play calling, because he’ll be is pair of eyes up in the booth & will be on the headsets telling Manny what looks the offense is in & giving him a rundown on what adjustments need to be made & which calls to make in situations. Think of it as a Spotter for a Recon Sniper (for those who are Military guys).
One thing this board should learn by now is not to talk definites with manny lol. If the name Miami has been chasing at dc wants in with a lb coach you can bet manny will make it happen. If he doesn’t then just roll with the lb coach and be done. Manny always has a plan , just like with stroud. He was the insurance policy for Simpson since he was interested in the nfl.

Advertisement
One thing this board should learn by now is not to talk definites with manny lol. If the name Miami has been chasing at dc wants in with a lb coach you can bet manny will make it happen. If he doesn’t then just roll with the lb coach and be done. Manny always has a plan , just like with stroud. He was the insurance policy for Simpson since he was interested in the nfl.
So what you’re saying is if they get the guy they want, he could steele one of the positions that are currently filled?

You’re allowed 10 on-field assistants & only 4 GA’s but GA’s are basically like paid interns it’s an entry level position on a college staff.

The loophole is in QC’s & Analysts, you’re allowed as many Analysts & quality control coaches as you want, schools like Bama, Clemson, Notre Dame, UGA, LSU, OH St, TAMU, Texas etc take advantage of the analyst rule by hiring an entire 2nd staff of analysts. Bama has anywhere from 40-50+ coaches on their staff in any given year.

The analysts game is where the advantage of having a large booster base comes into play, the schools with a shìt ton of money can cash out analyst legit upwards of $100,000 dollar salaries to just be a coach, Analysts are not allowed to recruit off campus but can when recruits visit campus & I believe are allowed to contact recruits as well, but even if they’re not allowed I personally know of analysts who have had contact with recruits all the time, so you know how that goes lol.

Miami can take advantage of the analyst game by bringing up coaches from the lower levels & signing them as analysts & grooming them to potentially be an option to step up& become an on field assistant in the event one of your regular coaches gets hired elsewhere. For example, a guy like Alvin Slaughter who’s from Miami & a former coach at Miami Pace is the WR’s coach at Northwestern Louisiana State, you could sign him as a QC/Analyst & groom him to be a future full time on field WR’s coach if Likens were to get a job elsewhere.

Analysts are basically just assistant coaches, like for instance, Lashlee is the OC/QB’s coach, but when he was hired he brought over Kyle Cooper from SMU as a QC coach, Cooper has been with Lashlee since he was OC at UCONN, he was a GA there & Lash brought him over to SMU with him as well, he’s basically Lashlee’s assistant QB’s coach, whenever Lash gets a HC job, expect for Cooper to be on his staff as his QB’s coach or maybe even as his OC, but the point is, he’s the Assistant QB’s coach, even though he’s just listed as a Quality control coach.

You’re allowed 10 on-field assistants & only 4 GA’s but GA’s are basically like paid interns it’s an entry level position on a college staff.

The loophole is in QC’s & Analysts, you’re allowed as many Analysts & quality control coaches as you want, schools like Bama, Clemson, Notre Dame, UGA, LSU, OH St, TAMU, Texas etc take advantage of the analyst rule by hiring an entire 2nd staff of analysts. Bama has anywhere from 40-50+ coaches on their staff in any given year.

The analysts game is where the advantage of having a large booster base comes into play, the schools with a shìt ton of money can cash out analyst legit upwards of $100,000 dollar salaries to just be a coach, Analysts are not allowed to recruit off campus but can when recruits visit campus & I believe are allowed to contact recruits as well, but even if they’re not allowed I personally know of analysts who have had contact with recruits all the time, so you know how that goes lol.

Miami can take advantage of the analyst game by bringing up coaches from the lower levels & signing them as analysts & grooming them to potentially be an option to step up& become an on field assistant in the event one of your regular coaches gets hired elsewhere. For example, a guy like Alvin Slaughter who’s from Miami & a former coach at Miami Pace is the WR’s coach at Northwestern Louisiana State, you could sign him as a QC/Analyst & groom him to be a future full time on field WR’s coach if Likens were to get a job elsewhere.

Analysts are basically just assistant coaches, like for instance, Lashlee is the OC/QB’s coach, but when he was hired he brought over Kyle Cooper from SMU as a QC coach, Cooper has been with Lashlee since he was OC at UCONN, he was a GA there & Lash brought him over to SMU with him as well, he’s basically Lashlee’s assistant QB’s coach, whenever Lash gets a HC job, expect for Cooper to be on his staff as his QB’s coach or maybe even as his OC, but the point is, he’s the Assistant QB’s coach, even though he’s just listed as a Quality control coach.
Speaking of analysts I was told Butch Jones and Charlie Strong are pretty much running the defense at practice lol. Two “ analysts “ .

The only way that would happen is if Patke got moved to an off field role.

If Manny hires a DC who wants to bring in his own LB coach, Patke is the only guy who can be moved.

Advertisement
Back